Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 16:59 Quote
andeh23 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
Young0jefe0 wrote:
Have any of you guys ever tried offset bushings on a Sentinel? I love my Sentinel but sometimes I feel like it might be a little too slack for some of my local trails. I think it would help me get around some tight switchbacks if the HA was steeper by a degree.

Personally I’d go for a for a works components +/- 1 degree headset rather than an offset bushing. I always wondered if you put an offset bush in the ‘steeper’ configuration if it would rotate and make the bike even slacker?

He could also drop fork travel by 10mm. That's cheaper (just a ~$40 air shaft assembly and half hour of work), and will make both the STA & HTA steeper by about 0.5*. BB height will go down. If he's mostly riding super tight switchbacks, he might not need a full 160mm fork.

Running an angleset costs more (~$150) and will slacken out the STA when you steepen the HTA. BB height will go up.

I looked into an angleset but a bike mechanic at my LBS talked me out of it. Dropping the fork down to 150mm sounds like it might be a good idea for me. I don't think I need the full 160mm of travel for most of the riding that I do. I wouldn't say that I mostly ride tight switchbacks but I do struggle a bit in those sections of my local trails.

I went ahead an ordered a set of offset bushings, they were only $40. I figured it was worth a shot. I'll report back after I get some mileage on them.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
groghunter wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi guys, new here, came from s
Specialized Status. Went too fat so hope i will have some cardio and downhill fun on my new Patrol. Status fórum was really helpfull for sourcing after market parts etc. Hope the comunity here is also so friendly and helpfull. Cheers!
New family member

How are those Leatt knee pads?
They are flawless, they dont slip, stink or restrict my movement when pedalling. I did not test them on knee hits although i had a Day of 4x otb to ugly big rocks.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
Anyone know what bushing kit I need for for my 2017 scout. Bought a dpx2 for it.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
Anyone know what bushing kit I need for for my 2017 scout. Bought a dpx2 for it.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_VersionDetail.cfm?ID=11

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

That,s what I thought to but they don't give you the busing dimensions. Pretty sure its 21.8 though.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Hey All,

Own a Gen 2 Scout NX build, and started looking into doing some upgrades on it, just wondering where the best place to start is. I mostly trail ride, but started doing some park riding; biggest takeaway being that I may want to look into some component upgrades if I want to make the ride a little smoother.

I've been looking at doing the following:

Upgrading to a DPX2 or Super Deluxe
Upgrading the SRAM Level T's to something with a little more power
Adding a Runt Air Spring to the Revelation Fork
Possibly upgrading the Wheels, but this feels awfully expensive for a first upgrade.

Don't really have the cash flow to support buying a new fork (or even the wheels really) but open to any and all suggestions on where to start both in general and with specific brands to look at, as well as things not worth bothering with.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Brakes are always a good starting point and can be had relatively cheap if you do some searching.
You could also look at upgrading the damper in the fork. And maybe throwing in a longer airshaft for a little more travel for bike park days. Super cheap mod that is really worth it if you push hard in the park.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
Brakes are always a good starting point and can be had relatively cheap if you do some searching.
You could also look at upgrading the damper in the fork. And maybe throwing in a longer airshaft for a little more travel for bike park days. Super cheap mod that is really worth it if you push hard in the park.

Agree with this. Of the components you listed, the brakes are weakest point. and an air shaft is really good on the "bang for buck" scale.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Also, you should look into finding a really progressive shock since the Scout seems to blow through travel in quite a linear fashion.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
My opinion:

Brakes first.
RUNT second.
Rear shock third.
Wheels fourth.

If you buy a runt and are thinking about a longer air shaft to increase travel consider doing it at the same time. Fork with increased travel may require a different runt than the stock travel.

If you really want to upgrade the fork send it to DSD and have them service and tune it when you buy the runt.

If you buy a used shock get it tuned. DSD can do that as well.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

That,s what I thought to but they don't give you the busing dimensions. Pretty sure its 21.8 though.

Thanks

We can provide them Smile either standard or offset www.offsetbushings.com

We've got loads of customers with Patrol / Scout and more so you could try offsets to improve the ride!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
Definitely the brakes. Best bang for the buck are likely 4pot shimano’s. For the price point far more power than SRAM’s, modulation is sharper, some like it, some don’t. You should be able to find some online for very cheap if you poke around enough

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
onterribleftw wrote:
Definitely the brakes. Best bang for the buck are likely 4pot shimano’s. For the price point far more power than SRAM’s, modulation is sharper, some like it, some don’t. You should be able to find some online for very cheap if you poke around enough

Incidentally, if you want to make any brake have better power AND modulation, Galfer pads are an amazing upgrade.

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 3:09 Quote
groghunter wrote:

Incidentally, if you want to make any brake have better power AND modulation, Galfer pads are an amazing upgrade.

Next on the list for me then, cheers

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
Nella-Bella wrote:
Do you think the 2020 Sentinel is going to use a 62.5mm stroke shock like the new scout? because all TR front triangles are the same. which means they're adding a little bit of clearance to all the frames.

Is that confirmed? Is scout, patrol, smuggler and sentinel? OR is there a different front triangle for the different wheel sizes?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018470
Mobile Version of Website