Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
Stan's Flow, DT 350s, DT spokes for me. I demo'd a set of We Are One's with i9 Hydra hubs and it was a pretty solid combo. Didn't like how whiney the hub sounded, though.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
Right now I’ve got DT Swiss ex511 rims laced to Onyx hubs. Before that I had i9 torch hubs laced to some carbon rims. I’ve always liked industry nine stuff and had very good luck with their products. I have a lot of experience with the hydra hubs on customers bikes and I like them but the onyx is by far my favorite

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
If you get chance try a set of Newmen Evolution 30 wheels. Beautiful ally wheels, really strong and not widely known of outside Germany.

https://www.newmen-components.de/en/86/mtb/wheels/evolution-sl-a30/

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
last two patrols have been rolling on stan's flow with hope hubs and dt swiss spokes hand laced by a local bike shop here in Portland, OR. they have taken all the abuse on the chin and haven't stumbled.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
Had some I9 305's on my Smuggler. Overforked and shocked it, and rode it like an idiot for a summer and my back rim was pretty toast.

Have a pair of WAO Agents with I9 101 hubs waiting for a new Sentinel to get released. Never owned carbon wheels before so I'm really excited to see how these hold up.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
bemorestoked wrote:
Had some I9 305's on my Smuggler. Overforked and shocked it, and rode it like an idiot for a summer and my back rim was pretty toast.

Have a pair of WAO Agents with I9 101 hubs waiting for a new Sentinel to get released. Never owned carbon wheels before so I'm really excited to see how these hold up.
I had WAO Agents on Project 321 hubs on my Patrol the last two seasons.I liked them so much I put another set on my new Sentinel, his time on the I9 101's. So far so good.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
Anyone running a Bomber CR on their ‘19 or ‘20 Patrol?! I’ve got one coming I plan on pairing with an SLS spring and would love some real world reviews on it specific to the Patrol.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
Hey, just a heads up, 2020 patrols are now 20% off.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
sean43462 wrote:

Guess no one is buying bikes in this economic crisis...also, Transition pricing is so out of wack these days, they are at par or above Santa Cruz

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
The US prices weren't bad last year. The Canadian prices this year are rough. Exchange rate is ripping the piss.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Transition pricing is so out of wack these days, they are at par or above Santa Cruz
A lot like their bikes, then Big Grin

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
ehfour wrote:
sean43462 wrote:

Guess no one is buying bikes in this economic crisis...also, Transition pricing is so out of wack these days, they are at par or above Santa Cruz

My LBS will start selling Santa Cruz this summer, average diference between the carbon frames between the two brands is 1400 € across all the diferent builds.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:07 Quote
Gruta wrote:
ehfour wrote:
sean43462 wrote:

My LBS will start selling Santa Cruz this summer, average diference between the carbon frames between the two brands is 1400 € across all the diferent builds.

Same here and its Transitions MSRP that's higher. [insert cliche statement] All pricing in the bike industry is out of wack[/insert]

Quick price comparison

All CDN $ & MSRP: I understand that components are not the same across the builds and Transition builds have better suspension

1) Frame only option (Carbon)
Santa Cruz- Hightower CC - $4499
Transition Sentinel - $4199

2) Mid Spec Build - Carbon
Santa Cruz - Hightower Carbon C S build - $6899
Transition Sentinel - GX Build Carbon - $7199

3) Mid Spec Build - Aluminum
Santa Cruz - Hightower S build - $5599
Transition Sentinel - GX Build Carbon - $6299

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
I'm not positive about this but some brands also have Canadian or other international pricing that isn't just the US exchange rate, to keep things competitive. Transition doesn't. It's just whatever the website says in US dollars and then the horrible exchange rate applied at your dealer. I'm not surprised to see no transition bikes on the floor of local BC dealers in the area I live. Just can't sell them if they're 30-40% more expensive because of whatever the stock market is doing.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I'm not positive about this but some brands also have Canadian or other international pricing that isn't just the US exchange rate, to keep things competitive. Transition doesn't. It's just whatever the website says in US dollars and then the horrible exchange rate applied at your dealer. I'm not surprised to see no transition bikes on the floor of local BC dealers in the area I live. Just can't sell them if they're 30-40% more expensive because of whatever the stock market is doing.

I know these posts are kind of going off track, I still love and ride a Transition bike. It will be hard to based on their pricing model as gbeaks33 alluded to.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008914
Mobile Version of Website