Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
It's entirely the exchange rate. 2018 the prices were usd plus 1000 cad across all ranges. Now the usd price has crept up a little and the exchange rate is much worse.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
The Sentinel carbon frameset is on sale for $3359 CAD right now on their site. No exchange needed. My shop matched this price and they covered the shipping.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
Oh interesting! You are correct. I hadn't been on the transition website in a while but looks like they've added cad pricing. Still effected by the poor exchange, though.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 5:15 Quote
Hi guys, going to buy new tires for my patrol for the first time. I used to go minions dhf/dhr on my dh bike and I did not gave a sh** about how hard is the tire, i just sent it down the hill..
Now I want to go quiet serious as this bike is actually able to pedal. I want something that rolls well, grips nice and lasts. I'm running cushcore ať the Back. I've seen good reviews on kenda, but they dont last (45% off for kenda btw, magic Word is "kendapro")
What tires and compounds are your favorites and why? Will be fine if you can compare it to other tires Smile thx

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi guys, going to buy new tires for my patrol for the first time. I used to go minions dhf/dhr on my dh bike and I did not gave a sh** about how hard is the tire, i just sent it down the hill..
Now I want to go quiet serious as this bike is actually able to pedal. I want something that rolls well, grips nice and lasts. I'm running cushcore ať the Back. I've seen good reviews on kenda, but they dont last (45% off for kenda btw, magic Word is "kendapro")
What tires and compounds are your favorites and why? Will be fine if you can compare it to other tires Smile thx

Option 1: Lightweight casings (850-950g, eg. EXO) and see how they hold up.

Option 2: Midweight casings (1050-1150g, eg. DD) but always wonder if you could have saved some weight.

Your call.

The rest is personal preference.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:

Continental tires have the best rubber compound. They wear super slow and the role over wet root like their dry. Their also pretty light. I don't like the tread pattern but you might like it.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
I’ve run pretty much all the maxxis and Vitoria tires before. I have kendas now and really like them. Hellkat front and nevegal rear is a cool combo

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
Dhf front exo+ casing, aggressor double down casing rear ftw!

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
I had Kenda Nevegal's on my first MTB. I don't know what it was about those tires but they were thorn magnets. In general I have never had more flats than when I was using them.

I have had great luck with Bontrager tires. Really like their XR/SE 4 and 5. Pretty true to size on widths while others are not.

On DHF and DHR now. They are good tires but I feel they roll slower than the Bontragers. Not much of an issue going down but feel like I am stuck in mud when pedaling.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
ZSW wrote:
I’ve run pretty much all the maxxis and Vitoria tires before. I have kendas now and really like them. Hellkat front and nevegal rear is a cool combo

Haven’t tried the new Nevegals, but the Hellkats are a rad option. I like the AEC version.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
I just started running a WTB vigilante/trail boss combo in high grip with the mid casing (along with cushcore).

So far I’m loving them. The trail boss isn’t great in deep mud but otherwise rolls super fast with great cornering traction. The front wheel cornering predictability of the vigilante is also top notch. Highly recommend it for a fast rolling, hard cornering combo for everything but the absolute muddiest days!

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
ZSW wrote:

Haven’t tried the new Nevegals, but the Hellkats are a rad option. I like the AEC version.
I was into the aec of hellkat front and Regolith Back, but reviews says that the treads on hellcats are dissapearing pretty fast. Guss i Will go dhr and dhf again Big Grin wondering about schwalbe tho, any user here?

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
I just started running a WTB vigilante/trail boss combo in high grip with the mid casing (along with cushcore).

So far I’m loving them. The trail boss isn’t great in deep mud but otherwise rolls super fast with great cornering traction. The front wheel cornering predictability of the vigilante is also top notch. Highly recommend it for a fast rolling, hard cornering combo for everything but the absolute muddiest days!
Thx, noted Smile

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
ZSW wrote:

I was into the aec of hellkat front and Regolith Back, but reviews says that the treads on hellcats are dissapearing pretty fast. Guss i Will go dhr and dhf again Big Grin wondering about schwalbe tho, any user here?

I use Schwalbe, and have used the Hellcats before.
Schwalbe's work great and are very light for their size, but wear pretty fast. Hellcat was like a downsized Magic Mary (despite being labeled as larger, but schwalbes are oversized) I feel like the hellcat lasted longer than a mary does.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
Nella-Bella wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:

Continental tires have the best rubber compound. They wear super slow and the role over wet root like their dry. Their also pretty light. I don't like the tread pattern but you might like it.

+1 for Conti. their revamped line is now true to size, and don't seem to have their old warped casing problems, and the rubber both grips and lasts a long time.

I do wish they had more tread patterns (that I liked,) but at the same time, I've found the der kaiser and the der barron to be all I need. they both roll quite a lot faster than the depth of their tread suggests, too.

Pro tip on the der barron is that it's better as a rear tire, regardless of what it looks like.

Some of their lighter treads are good too. It's the middle ground trailking/mountain king that aren't so hot, especially the trailking.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010672
Mobile Version of Website