Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
I've been using several different brand combos over the years, my first Patrol rolled on Magic Mary for the front and either a Hans Dampf for the dry, or a High Roller II super tacky when things got slippery (DH casings when available). On my current bike, I have two sets of wheels, one is setup Michelin's Enduro combo ( best set of tires ever made ) and the OEM wheels are setup with a Shorty and High Roller combo (DH casings). Overall the Michelin are the best compromise and allrounders for me, it's just a matter of adjusting tire pressure if it's wet or dry. The Shorty is great tire but, nothing beats the side nobs on the Michelin for riding on the edge of grip. As for durability... I rather have the grip.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
michelin is better than maxxis?
I am thinking per season maxxis aseegai

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
TomPaco wrote:

I run assegai front double down casing for downhill days. Tons of grip and roll decent for having those big grippy knobs.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
Michelin wild enduros are great all rounders, however I don’t like the Magi X version as once the sticky top layer wears off performance drops off and this doesn’t take long imo. I’d rather the cheaper Gum-x all day long.

Currently running Kenda Hellkats and love them, I must say it’s maybe a little draggy on the rear and one of them has a wobble but it doesn’t make a difference out on the trail. I’d like to try a Nevegal 2 on the rear but I can’t seem to get one.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:22 Quote
Guys is this a crack?

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:34 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
Guys is this a crack?

Looks like one yes... I've got a crack I'm watching on my Carbon Patrol at the moment. For yours, it depends if it's under warranty or not (mine isn't any more). If it was under warranty I'd get it replaced.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:49 Quote
It actually is, i Will take a xc ride and observe if it grows. I Will send it to warranty anyway Just in case. Its kinda weird, i got Just one wee Fall and no bottom out yet.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
How Long do you guys waited for a replacement under warranty?

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 3:25 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
In the UK it was pretty quick as they had stock for the replacement part, think it was a week turnaround

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
In the UK it was pretty quick as they had stock for the replacement part, think it was a week turnaround
Well thats insanely fast, hope it Will be that fast in Czech republic during this covid situation. I thought it Will be like 2 months. Im second owner but 1st owner is a friend of mine, do you think they Will refuse the warranty if i claim it by myself?

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Not worth the risk if you know the original owner well, ask him to claim it under his name and details.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 3:00 Quote
jharrisonvirgo wrote:
Not worth the risk if you know the original owner well, ask him to claim it under his name and details.

They (transition) most likely follow this thread, so they already know. ????

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
TomPaco wrote:

In my 11 year experience of riding bikes off road, yes ! As for Assegais, never tried one so, can`t really formulate an honest opinion.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
this year Ill try maybe maxxis assegai . long riding only high roller, too cca 10-11 years hh. change is Life hh.
Gruta wrote:
TomPaco wrote:

In my 11 year experience of riding bikes off road, yes ! As for Assegais, never tried one so, can`t really formulate an honest opinion.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
Hey guys,

A little over a year ago, I bought a used 2017 Patrol with a 160mm RS Pike RCT3 on it.
I’ve been loving this setup, the Patrol is amazingly capable but I am finding some limitations when things get especially rough, mostly because of the Pike. I know the obvious solution would be to sell the Pike and get something burlier (like a Lyric), but the truth is that the Pike is enough for 75% of my riding.

These past few weeks I’ve been toying with an idea and would like to hear your thoughts on it:
I have an old (but in very good condition) 2010 RS Boxxer WC 26inch. What if I got myself a set of 27.5 inch Boxxer lowers and reduced the fork’s travel to 170mm (and also got an extra 27.5 wheel to accommodate the 20mm axle of the Boxxer)? I could use the current Pike set-up for trail/enduro rides and use the Boxxer for trips to the DH tracks!

What do you think?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010053
Mobile Version of Website