Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
O+
Posted: May 16, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
auustinreeves wrote:
Got my 2nd hand patrol all done this weekend.

what saddle is that bro

It's one of odyssey's old mexican blanket seats from like 2010

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
i have a cr coil on my carbon frame, and bottomed it out pretty hard the other day, and the piggyback hit my frame. i took it off, but am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
Yeetyeetreet wrote:
i have a cr coil on my carbon frame, and bottomed it out pretty hard the other day, and the piggyback hit my frame. i took it off, but am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

TR recommends not running the CR coil on carbon frames due to this exact issue.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
i’m just gonna put some 3m tape where it hit for now. lol

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Yeetyeetreet wrote:

What about cr coil on alloy patrol?

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Yeetyeetreet wrote:

Alloy frame clears it fine.

As far as 3m tape where it hit, bear in mind that neither the frame nor the shock was designed to take that impact. If the frame doesn't crack I could see the spot where the reservoir meets the shock body deforming or breaking.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 3:14 Quote
Hey man, can you give a bit of info about what you are running? Weight/coil spring/ what year is your Patrol?
I'm also looking to run a coil on my 2017 Patrol as you can read a page back.
Mailed Transition to hear what they think about what kind of spring I should run and they quoted 100lbs more than any spring calculator I could find. So i'm looking for some real world experiences.
Yeetyeetreet wrote:
i’m just gonna put some 3m tape where it hit for now. lol

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
Probably been asked a million times, but what size is the rear shock on a 2017 alloy Patrol? Few websites seem to give different sizes and just want to be 100%.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
james1995 wrote:
Probably been asked a million times, but what size is the rear shock on a 2017 alloy Patrol? Few websites seem to give different sizes and just want to be 100%.

DELETED, incorrect.Jail

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
It's 230x65mm. Check here: https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_VersionDetail.cfm?ID=5
And check Frame Specifications. You can find everything about the bike there.
james1995 wrote:

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
The 2017 Patrol has a different linkage from the 2016 version.
veero wrote:
james1995 wrote:

216mm x 63mm (8.5” x 2.5”)

From the 2016 Frame Manual PDF. 2016 was the same frame as 2017.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
NelisB wrote:
The 2017 Patrol has a different linkage from the 2016 version. ]

Ah good point! I shall edit the post to prevent confusion.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
I'm even more confused now lol

O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
I ran a Cane Creek DB Coil on my 2016 Patrol size medium with a 400# VALT spring at 200lb body weight and never had any issues. I tried a 350 and a 450 and felt the 350 was too soft and 450 too heavy.

currently running a 500# SLS on my Fox DHX2 on my 2019 carbon patrol size medium and it feels spot on. Had a 550 on there at first which actually felt great, but had a 500 laying around and threw it on and never looked back :-)

spring rate can be very dependent on which brand you go with. TR will also recommended higher spring rates depending on which frame you have because their rocker linkage (especially with carbon) has been known to break when running coil shocks with too much sag and or too low of spring rate.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
[Quote="Buggyr333"]
feathers54 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

Alloy frame clears it fine.

As far as 3m tape where it hit, bear in mind that neither the frame nor the shock was designed to take that impact. If the frame doesn't crack I could see the spot where the reservoir meets the shock body deforming or breaking.[i just put my x2 back on]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016451
Mobile Version of Website