Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
how much sag do you guys run on the sbg patrols with a coil. Will 30% bottom out too requently

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
i run 15% sag on my fork, and 25% on the shock

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
currently running 19mm of sag which is below the recommended 20-23mm which puts me just shy of 30% and I don't bottom out on drops or jumps

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
I run 17% in my lyrik and 31% on my superdeluxe on a 2018 patrol 4 tokens in the rear and 3 in the fork

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
james1995 wrote:
I'm even more confused now lol

Sorry!

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Hi guys, so my cracked chainstay story has a happyend and I'm going for replacement tomorrow. I have to bring the cracked part with me so Im seeking for help. Is this hex screw just normal screw for 8mm hex key to be removed by turning counterclockwise? Guys in the shop are busy so I have to do this by my own, no worries, I'm servicing all the stuff on my bikes for 6 years, but this pivot is my First meeting. Thanks

Edit - solved - bolt was overtorqued, bearings are probably fitted out of axle so I had to tap the pivot blot out as well.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 4:16 Quote
james1995 wrote:
I'm even more confused now lol
Don't be, just check the link. It's for a 2017 alloy patrol. Everything about the frame is on that page.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
ZoneCheck wrote:
how much sag do you guys run on the sbg patrols with a coil. Will 30% bottom out too requently

14-16 mm is what TR recommends on their page. Riding 15-16 an it feels great.

I’d say u get yourself the Sprindex Spring and play around with the rate.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Hello,

I am thinking about getting the 2020 Transition sentinel (L), and wondering what size coil I should run. This would be the first time I would be running a coil. I am 135lbs and 13 years old, I like a plush feel. Any input is welcome, thank you.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
Transitions website say 205mm x 62.5mm (Compatible with 205mm x 57.5mm)
But a size large would probably be too big for you unless you're over 6 ft. Tall

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
veero wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

When you service the lowers do you use the 5 weight Teflon oil in the lower legs?

I will in the damper side, other side is 20wt isn't it?

I use 5wt in both sides now. Just checking you haven’t been putting thicker Oil in the damper side lowers, which would explain the slowing of the fork (and more harshness probably)

So finally got round to servicing, foam rings were filthy but both legs had about the right amount of oil in. Much improved slipperiness afterwards and plusher straight away but still quote slow.

I took the 1 token out and after getting the sag right they feel much plusher than before and small bump sensitive, but I have the HSR and LSR all the way off and only 1 click of HSC and 1/2 clicks of LSC wound on but the forks still feel a bit slow, definitely not pogo-ing as they should do with no rebound.

Also even after a couple of deliberate hefty front end landings to try and use full travel I'm only getting ~150mm out of the 170mm fork. Something's not right.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
veero wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
veero wrote:

I will in the damper side, other side is 20wt isn't it?

I use 5wt in both sides now. Just checking you haven’t been putting thicker Oil in the damper side lowers, which would explain the slowing of the fork (and more harshness probably)

So finally got round to servicing, foam rings were filthy but both legs had about the right amount of oil in. Much improved slipperiness afterwards and plusher straight away but still quote slow.

I took the 1 token out and after getting the sag right they feel much plusher than before and small bump sensitive, but I have the HSR and LSR all the way off and only 1 click of HSC and 1/2 clicks of LSC wound on but the forks still feel a bit slow, definitely not pogo-ing as they should do with no rebound.

Also even after a couple of deliberate hefty front end landings to try and use full travel I'm only getting ~150mm out of the 170mm fork. Something's not right.

"but I have the HSR and LSR all the way off and only 1 click of HSC and 1/2 clicks of LSC wound on"

your starting rebound setting should be somewhere in the middle of the 24 clicks available, not off. try turning these knobs and see if the rebound of the fork speeds up.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
veero wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

"but I have the HSR and LSR all the way off and only 1 click of HSC and 1/2 clicks of LSC wound on"

your starting rebound setting should be somewhere in the middle of the 24 clicks available, not off. try turning these knobs and see if the rebound of the fork speeds up.

Not being difficult but the rebound knobs are wound all the way OFF (fast). How would increasing the rebound damping speed the fork up?

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
Got myself a new fork - manitou Mezzer pro (37mm offset) set to 170mm on my mk1 patrol.

Only been able to use it in the local park given the lockdown conditions here but it is a big improvement on he mattoc especially in the air spring. 60/80psi in the main/IRT. 2 clicks of HSC and and 5 clicks of LSC.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008940
Mobile Version of Website