Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
does anyone have coil spring rate recommendations. i want to run a progressive spring on my 2019 patrol. i weigh 150 lbs

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
The website has recommended spring rates for fox and rs shocks. If you're still unsure you can email Transition. They're usually very helpful.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
New shoes on mine. Couldn't resist the tan wall. Not sure I did the dark tan wall as much as the light.

photo
photo
Gotta love tan wall tyres!

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 0:57 Quote
Yeetyeetreet wrote:
does anyone have coil spring rate recommendations. i want to run a progressive spring on my 2019 patrol. i weigh 150 lbs

I’m 140lbs with a Cane Creek db coil 400lb progressive spring if that helps.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
I've ordered a 2021 sentinel gx build! Putting out this comment to join and follow, money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a new sentinel with a 210mm travel dropper, and that's a start!

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
Yeetyeetreet wrote:
I'm on a 2020 with a Fox DHX2 450lb spring. I weigh 150lbs, a bit more with gear, and I love it. Super easy to dial in. I bottom out on bigger Huck to flats, but generally it is pretty bottomless. If you don't ride hard through pretty aggressive trails though, you may consider going a little softer to 400 or 425.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Cascade link on my patrol
Put a Cascade link on my patrol.
Highly recommend it, Works exactly as advertised. Added more pop than I expected but I guess that makes sense with more progression. Worth mentioning I also have a progressive spring and progressive bottom out bumper. Will soon try with standard spring and see how it feels, but for now it's awesome. Didn't change any shock settings from where it was before.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
darrenb15 wrote:
Yeetyeetreet wrote:

How much sag does that give you out of interest?

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
darrenb15 wrote:
Yeetyeetreet wrote:

How much sag does that give you out of interest?

Bang on 16mm as someone mentioned is in the Patrol manual as the minimum. Feels great, so much grip!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
Nice, I'm also 140 and was thinking about a 350 progressive spring. Figured the extra sag would be OK with the extra ramp up provided by the progressive coil.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
looks like a 35mm sid with no pivots at the stays

Photos for the Spur Country video and photo epic

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:
looks like a 35mm sid with no pivots at the stays

Built very much like a Kona Hei Hei - except better =P

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
Lightweight and really fun looking geo. If the Canadian prices were so expensive then I'd be all over this as a beer league race bike and all day all mountain machine.

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
Anybody have experience with warranty issues from Transition from a frame they don't make anymore? I have some friends who had 3 year old Santa Cruz discontinued models that they trashed in a wreck and the company sent them a new frame of another model of their choosing.

I have cracked my Smuggler twice and had it replaced in under a week both times. Which is great. But now that the Smuggler is possibly discontinued, I'm wondering what will happen if I crack it again riding like a lunatic. Think I could swindle my way into a Sentinel replacement frame or this new Spur? (or a new smuggler if they are updating it?).

EDIT: my friends who had new frame models from SC had to pay for part of the cost of the new shock if the new frame used a different size.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.630930
Mobile Version of Website