Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
fentonb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a Transition sentinel V1 140mm rear travel(size lg).My friend has a patrol v3(160mm, size lg) rocker arm, and I am wonder what would happen if I put a patrol rocker arm on my sentinel. I am leaving my shock(fox dpx2) on the bike.

Would the bike become more progressive? Would it gain/loose travel? Or would it just not work?

The sentinel shock size is 205mmx57.5mm

The patrol shock size is 205mmx65mm

If you are willing to spend some money, you can purchase this: http://cascadecomponents.bike/v1-sentinel-lt-link/

I have one and it is amazing. I have removed the 2.5mm stroke reducer and went to 152mm of travel. It made a huge improvement to the bike. It is not cheap though.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
Ordered a Scout Gx today, can’t wait. Thinking about pulling the shocks right away and going 160/150, anyone recommend that or just ride it?

Any feedback would be great thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
wrong wrote:
Ordered a Scout Gx today, can’t wait. Thinking about pulling the shocks right away and going 160/150, anyone recommend that or just ride it?

Surely a Patrol would be a better choice?

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
[Quote="veero"]
wrong wrote:

Surely a Patrol would be a better choice?[/Quote

nah I reckon the new scout Is where the moneys at, geo looks spot on and if you set it up with the 150mm rear travel it really is do it all bike. maybe even leave fork at 150

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
veero wrote:
wrong wrote:

nah I reckon the new scout Is where the moneys at, geo looks spot on and if you set it up with the 150mm rear travel it really is do it all bike. maybe even leave fork at 150

UK yeah definitely, I'm toying with parting with the Patrol frame and getting a new Scout, but in BC? Bit rowdier out there...

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
veero wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
veero wrote:

UK yeah definitely, I'm toying with parting with the Patrol frame and getting a new Scout, but in BC? Bit rowdier out there...

Yeah, I have a delirium for park days. Just fees like a lot of bike to chuck around some of the trails around the north shore. But things definitely do get rowdy sometimes which is why I was leaning towards selling the shocks as take offs right away, trying to get the most coin back, then running 160/150. Just not sure if 10mm front and back is worth it.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
wrong wrote:
veero wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

Yeah, I have a delirium for park days. Just fees like a lot of bike to chuck around some of the trails around the north shore. But things definitely do get rowdy sometimes which is why I was leaning towards selling the shocks as take offs right away, trying to get the most coin back, then running 160/150. Just not sure if 10mm front and back is worth it.

I reckon sell the stock shock brandnew and then get 150mm coil in her, thing will be sick

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
I just swapped my bike over from 140 air shock to a 150 coil and 160 fork and I’m never going back. Obviously it doesn’t pedal as well but going down there is just no comparison. Highly recommend making the switch.

The new debonair spring with a deluxe ultimate coil is pretty sweet

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
wrong wrote:

Make the switch dude. I rode mine for like three months with the stock setup then made the switch. I’m in Bellingham and the extra travel is much appreciated. Your in BC so you definitely will appreciate the extra travel.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
Bm1117 wrote:
wrong wrote:

I just swapped my bike over from 140 air shock to a 150 coil and 160 fork and I’m never going back. Obviously it doesn’t pedal as well but going down there is just no comparison. Highly recommend making the switch.

The new debonair spring with a deluxe ultimate coil is pretty sweet

Make the switch dude. I rode mine for like three months with the stock setup then made the switch. I’m in Bellingham and the extra travel is much appreciated. Your in BC so you definitely will appreciate the extra travel.

Thanks for the info Bm def going to do it then!, ive held a grudge against rockshox ever since my boxxer race in 06 lol, might be worth just swaping the damper to 160mm, instead of swapping the whole thing for a z1 or 36.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
fentonb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a Transition sentinel V1 140mm rear travel(size lg).My friend has a patrol v3(160mm, size lg) rocker arm, and I am wonder what would happen if I put a patrol rocker arm on my sentinel. I am leaving my shock(fox dpx2) on the bike.

Would the bike become more progressive? Would it gain/loose travel? Or would it just not work?

Saved this photo on Instagram, from the last Andes Pacifico, a rider was using a Green Patrol Link on what looks like a Carbon Sentinel.
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
David9180 wrote:
Saved this photo on Instagram, from the last Andes Pacifico, a rider was using a Green Patrol Link on what looks like a Carbon Sentinel.
photo

I guess it was a heavy night, he got the toilet seat stuck in his head...

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
fentonb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure, but I would definitely recommend not trying it, warranty will obviously be lost, and there’s a much better solution to the linear nature of the sentinel, among other things.

http://cascadecomponents.bike/v1-sentinel-lt-link/

This link increases progression from 7% to 20%, making it work well with coils and air shocks. Also increases small bump sensitivity, mid stroke support, and it doesn’t void the warranty. Depending on if your sentinel is aluminum or carbon, with the link it can be set up to 158mm travel rear. Strongly recommend it

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 23:25 Quote
Anyone try a Jade on a 2020 scout? I read the marz CR doesn’t fit.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
wrong wrote:
Anyone try a Jade on a 2020 scout? I read the marz CR doesn’t fit.

Thanks

Can’t think why the marz coil wouldn’t fit?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015386
Mobile Version of Website