Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
The reservoir is too big on the bomber.

Is chat the TR crew on their site and ask about jade. Reservoir is long like the bomber cr

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
wrong wrote:
Anyone try a Jade on a 2020 scout? I read the marz CR doesn’t fit.

Thanks

Can’t think why the marz coil wouldn’t fit?
Idk about the scout but my buddy has a patrol and when he got a bomber cr, the shock reservoir hit the down tube at full compression

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Yeetyeetreet wrote:
i have a cr coil on my carbon frame, and bottomed it out pretty hard the other day, and the piggyback hit my frame. i took it off, but am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

TR recommends not running the CR coil on carbon frames due to this exact issue.

Maybe I misread this feathers, doesn’t fit probably wasn’t the right words. I just dont want the res to smash into the frame.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
So guys, flipped my 2020 carbon patrol over when i got back from a ride today and found this chip on the BB area where the ISCG mounts are.

Should I be shitting myself? It all still seems pretty solid when I tried to scrape the paint off with my fingers, any input is apreciated as its my first carbon frame.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
Just looks like paint chip to me. Wouldn't worry.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
I 2nd just a paint chip and not to worry.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
Thank god, I mean now you say so it does make sense.

Would you say worth sanding and putting some apoxy on or just leave it?

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
just leave it and go huck the bike off some things and check it after. fingers crossed it doesn't grow ;-)

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
I usually put some small patches of 3M tape over any paint scratches to prevent any further spread. Works great.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
Davebob wrote:
So guys, flipped my 2020 carbon patrol over when i got back from a ride today and found this chip on the BB area where the ISCG mounts are.

Should I be shitting myself? It all still seems pretty solid when I tried to scrape the paint off with my fingers, any input is apreciated as its my first carbon frame.

Get a Rockguardz on there to give some protection to a vulnerable area. Only about £35 and well worth it.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
Similar post to the one above but it looks like some good answers were given. I took a look at my frame after a recent bike trip and noticed what I think is a crack in the carbon frame or a weird paint crack and was looking for other opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 0:17 Quote
Unfortunately for you, that one does look a lot worse and I'd have it checked out.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
+ to have that one looked at, especially given it's location.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
Looks like it might have hit the frame. I would check your clearance at full compression.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 1:38 Quote
I'd say that is a crack. I've had lesser cracks replaced by Transition, but I am now riding with a cracked frame as it is out of warranty.

My crack looks less nasty than this one, if it is under warranty I would get it replaced.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010898
Mobile Version of Website