Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
So I’m looking at picking up an #oncoil Patrol frame to replace my ‘17 Patrol. Transition recommends 20-25% sag on the coil, and 32-35% for air. For those that have been #oncoil for a while, with the proper spring rate is the frame progressive enough for coil, without resorting to a cascade link or progressive coil?

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 18:30 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
So I’m looking at picking up an #oncoil Patrol frame to replace my ‘17 Patrol. Transition recommends 20-25% sag on the coil, and 32-35% for air. For those that have been #oncoil for a while, with the proper spring rate is the frame progressive enough for coil, without resorting to a cascade link or progressive coil?

I had no issues for my time #oncoil and TRs recommendations are spot on for sag%

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 21:08 Quote
Nice! Which shock did you have?

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
I’m also considering this in the near future so I’m glad someone has asked the question!

I’m thinking of going for a jade x to match the DVO diamond I have up front

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
I was introduced to mountain biking in 8th grade by a bunch of guys on Bottlerockets. That bike was burnt into my brain as being the pinnacle of cool, the raddest bike ever made. I used to lust after it so hard, but never owned one.

One popped up at a consignment store for $500 this week and I impulse bought it, assuming I'd mostly use it as a mess-around bike at the little town bike park a block from the house. Took it up on Teton Pass yesterday, and shit, this bike holds up! Took about two minutes to feel totally at home on it, and was clearing everything I usually have on my modern big bike. All that to say, I'm a huge fan of modern Transitions, but sometimes you've just gotta play the classics.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
bemorestoked wrote:
I was introduced to mountain biking in 8th grade by a bunch of guys on Bottlerockets. That bike was burnt into my brain as being the pinnacle of cool, the raddest bike ever made. I used to lust after it so hard, but never owned one.

One popped up at a consignment store for $500 this week and I impulse bought it, assuming I'd mostly use it as a mess-around bike at the little town bike park a block from the house. Took it up on Teton Pass yesterday, and shit, this bike holds up! Took about two minutes to feel totally at home on it, and was clearing everything I usually have on my modern big bike. All that to say, I'm a huge fan of modern Transitions, but sometimes you've just gotta play the classics.

the only bike i've ever owned i truly regret selling. Even if to have a frame i had so much fun on up on the wall as memorabilia.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
So much nostalgia with the BR! Still remains as one of the funnest bikes I've owned.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Those things jumped amazingly.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Here is my new beast, didnt get to ride it yet.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
ColinD wrote:

Nice!

Looks a lot like my blue Patrol. Silver brakes, stem, and cranks.

Polish that seat collar!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Nice!

Looks a lot like my blue Patrol. Silver brakes, stem, and cranks.

Polish that seat collar!

Been looking for a silver collar 37mm, didnt find anny yet. Weird f*cking size

Impossible size to find. You’ll have to pull it off and paint, anodize, or polish it yourself :-)

Looks like my patrol got lost in shipping ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SquattiePippen wrote:
Impossible size to find. You’ll have to pull it off and paint, anodize, or polish it yourself :-)

if 36.4 will fit, Thompson.

groghunter wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

if 36.4 will fit, Thompson.

That .6mm of tolerance scares me with carbon. I couldn’t imagine cracking because I wanted some bling. Imagine the warranty request on that one hahaha!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009753
Mobile Version of Website