Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
groghunter wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Impossible size to find. You’ll have to pull it off and paint, anodize, or polish it yourself :-)

if 36.4 will fit, Thompson.

That .6mm of tolerance scares me with carbon. I couldn’t imagine cracking because I wanted some bling. Imagine the warranty request on that one hahaha!

I've done some dirty things in the past with electrical tape and cardboard shims lol

I suppose it's the wrong size direction for that sort of thing though

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
ColinD wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Here is my new beast, didnt get to ride it yet.

Nice!

Looks a lot like my blue Patrol. Silver brakes, stem, and cranks.

Polish that seat collar!

Been looking for a silver collar 37mm, didnt find anny yet. Weird f*cking size

A little oven cleaner and polish:

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
[Quote="privateer-wheels"]

My cranks took about an hour and a half to strip and polish, you'd have a seat collar done in no time.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
[Quote="commental"]
privateer-wheels wrote:

My cranks took about an hour and a half to strip and polish, you'd have a seat collar done in no time.

Just be careful, the bottom edge is sharp as fugh.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
groghunter wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Impossible size to find. You’ll have to pull it off and paint, anodize, or polish it yourself :-)

if 36.4 will fit, Thompson.

That .6mm of tolerance scares me with carbon. I couldn’t imagine cracking because I wanted some bling. Imagine the warranty request on that one hahaha!

Yeah not gonna even try another size. ill proberbly just paint it then.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Hope 37mm clamp is fine. Available in lots of colours.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
veero wrote:

If hope had a 37mm it would be fine but they dont. Either 36.4 or 38.5

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
ColinD wrote:
veero wrote:

If hope had a 37mm it would be fine but they dont. Either 36.4 or 38.5

Sorry total brain fart.

I meant the 36.4mm fits and works fine.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
Transitionned from an #oncoil Patrol to a Sentinel V2 a month ago. Really love the versatility of the Sentinel, it climbs very well and it's awesome on the descents !

I got the GX build and switched a couple of parts on it :

Deity Skywire carbon handlebars
DMR Deathgrip
Sram XX1 cassette
Sram XO1 chain
We Are One Union on i9 Hydra hubs
Maxxis Assegai DD front & rear

Transition Sentinel V2

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
polassonde wrote:
Transitionned from an #oncoil Patrol to a Sentinel V2 a month ago. Really love the versatility of the Sentinel, it climbs very well and it's awesome on the descents !

Awesome bike! From just a pure descending capability standpoint, what’s your opinion of the Patrol w/ coil vs. the Sentinel? I have a Spur and Patrol, but I’m curious if the loss of travel in the Sentinel makes a huge difference. I’m not really concerned with the climbing aspect.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
polassonde wrote:

I got the GX build and switched a couple of parts on it :

Deity Skywire carbon handlebars
DMR Deathgrip
Sram XX1 cassette
Sram XO1 chain
We Are One Union on i9 Hydra hubs
Maxxis Assegai DD front & rear

Transition Sentinel V2

I'm not sure whether I'm more envious of that build or your workshop! Your GX+ spec hits all the right spots.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
Finally here and oh man was it worth the wait. This thing is an absolute train

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
bloodytesla wrote:
polassonde wrote:

Awesome bike! From just a pure descending capability standpoint, what’s your opinion of the Patrol w/ coil vs. the Sentinel? I have a Spur and Patrol, but I’m curious if the loss of travel in the Sentinel makes a huge difference. I’m not really concerned with the climbing aspect.

I would say that I really liked the Patrol from a pure descending standpoint as it felt like a little tank. I just had the feeling that the bike could hit absolutely any feature !

I would say that the Sentinel has a bit more finesse but can still hit all those features. However, I would be curious to put a coil on the Sentinel, I'm pretty sure the coil has a lot to do with the indestructible feeling the Patrol had ! This is also the first time a ride a 29er and I was anxious about its playfulness. I was totally wrong ! The Sentinel V2 is so much fun to ride and I feel that the extra grip the 29er is providing makes it as playful as the Patrol and I have confidence the bike will stick to the ground in very tight turns where I might have washed the front wheel on the Patrol.

To be honest, I would have kept both bikes if that would have been a possibility. These are two really awesome bikes !

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
Patrol Birthday: https://youtu.be/w0_CwJRdSOA

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
Watersconstr wrote:
Patrol Birthday: https://youtu.be/w0_CwJRdSOA

Haha, nice

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010408
Mobile Version of Website