Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
I'm running a 200 x 57mm shock with an offset bushing in the lower eyelet. I believe you can do it a standard bushing, but the rocker sits very close to the downtube, this way gives a little more clearance. Apparently a 210 x 55mm shock will also fit.

Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
commental wrote:
I'm running a 200 x 57mm shock with an offset bushing in the lower eyelet. I believe you can do it a standard bushing, but the rocker sits very close to the downtube, this way gives a little more clearance. Apparently a 210 x 55mm shock will also fit.

My next project for my SBG Smuggler is a long shock.

Measured it up, and a 216x63 with a 5mm travel give 8mm long stroke and about the same seat stay clearance that the original 210x50mm gives.

BB height goes up about 10mm so I will probably run a 27.5 rear which will drop the BB a tad lower than factory.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
JBW450 wrote:
commental wrote:

My next project for my SBG Smuggler is a long shock.

Measured it up, and a 216x63 with a 5mm travel give 8mm long stroke and about the same seat stay clearance that the original 210x50mm gives.

BB height goes up about 10mm so I will probably run a 27.5 rear which will drop the BB a tad lower than factory.

Mine's the 2015 model, the original shock was 190 x 51mm. I'm not sure exactly how much the BB has come up by, but I used to get a fair amount of pedal strikes, which I haven't had since(although if I do run it as a mullet I guess the BB drop will revert back to somewhere near it's original height).

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:20 Quote
Hello fellow Transition riders

I ride the 2020 Patrol Carbon Size m and I'm trying to get the suspension more progressive. I came across the cascade-components link which looks very promising. However with my current setup (RS Super Deluxe Coil Select +) I would have clearing issues (according to cascade components). Does anyone know if there are ways to avoid this issue (i.e. altering the shock, etc.) or have more info about this topic?
Are there other coil-shocks that fit? (Other than DVO Jade X and 11-6 fit)

Thanks for your help!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Leptidurusarcticus wrote:

I ride the 2020 Patrol Carbon Size m and I'm trying to get the suspension more progressive. ... Does anyone know if there are ways to avoid this issue

Progressive spring is surely the answer.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
Having had both the progressive spring and a cascade link on a patrol, cascade link is 100% better. like not even comparable. Mine were both on aluminum frame though so shock clearance was not an issue. Progressive spring is a bandaid fix, but cascade link makes it straight up a better bike.

I know Push 11-6 will fit carbon frame with cascade link, but they do not make a tune for it. EXT Storia and DVO Jade X will work i believe. Some frames apparently will clear a DHX2. The new DB Kitsuma has a pretty short reservoir too, wouldn't be surprised if that would work on some frames.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
Thanks for your replies. I think I'll treat my bike with the cascade-programm.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Leptidurusarcticus wrote:

I ride the 2020 Patrol Carbon Size m and I'm trying to get the suspension more progressive. I came across the cascade-components link which looks very promising. However with my current setup (RS Super Deluxe Coil Select +) I would have clearing issues (according to cascade components). Does anyone know if there are ways to avoid this issue (i.e. altering the shock, etc.) or have more info about this topic?
Are there other coil-shocks that fit? (Other than DVO Jade X and 11-6 fit)

Thanks for your help!

I didn't like the Cascade Link in my honest opinion. I've been riding my 19' Patrol for over two years and decided to buy the Cascade link to hopefully improve progression. After slapping it on, I had to increase the psi in my shock by about ~20 psi due to the increased leverage ratio. The bike felt "ok" during the parking lot test and I felt a slight increase in progression. The static geometry was not changed, however the geometry during sag and compression were changed enough to put me off. One of the great things about the patrol is the geometry, not only static geomentry (the #'s on the geo sheet) but the geometry while the bike is compressed. During compression, geometry is changed on all bikes and with the patrol, it is incredibly balanced, whether you are at sag geo or a full bottomout. With the cascade link, the bike felt less slack pushing my weight forward, but maybe im just too used to my bike. Another note, the added progression wasn't noticeable on the trail. The stock patrol suspension is going to work for 99% of people, and this is coming from someone who constantly jumps his bike off 25-30 ft step downs.

If you really want an increase in progression, I would rather go for the progressive spring route.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
Has anybody experimented with beefier suspension on one of the new Spurs yet? A rear shock with a bit more support ((dpx2 or superdeluxe ult) not sure if there would be clearance issues)) and a more stout fork with 140mm travel (like a helm mk2)? I'm super interested in building up one of these frames. I ride mostly enduro style trails, but coming from a bmx background I really like to play around and throw the bike wherever. I'm a pretty smooth rider, but some of the trails I ride have 20-40ft jumps still and some chunder. It isn't the travel numbers that worry me on this, more so just the level of support I would need to ride said trails with this little amount of travel. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Cheers!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
with cascade and air shock you need to ad token to your fork the get balance!
i think cascade is more for coil

my 2019 patrol is design around air shox and it is perfectly fine
this bike is made to jump and party not ground hugging

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
For spur riders. I’m looking at getting into a spur but a little skeptical. I’m 200 lbs kitted up and ride very rocky technical trails in New England. I do lots of steep rollers with pretty good g outs. Wondering if I may be too big for the bike? Love to hear any input from similar spur riders. For reference my other bikes are a ripmo and 17’ ally transition patrol.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
For spur riders. I’m looking at getting into a spur but a little skeptical. I’m 200 lbs kitted up and ride very rocky technical trails in New England. I do lots of steep rollers with pretty good g outs. Wondering if I may be too big for the bike? Love to hear any input from similar spur riders. For reference my other bikes are a ripmo and 17’ ally transition patrol.

Hey Man I'm around 190 kitted up and I've been riding a spur for the later part of last season until now, and I actually live in New England as well (I ride Lincoln Woods, Diamond Hill, etc).

I definitely wouldn't say you are to big for this bike, it's honestly one of the more solid feeling bikes I've ever ridden. The bike is super capable and confidence inspiring so no problems geo wise for anything steep.
I personally wouldn't want this as my only bike if I were going to be riding super hard down rollers and drops all the time though (what a first world problem -_-), as it still is technically and XC bike.

When I say all the time I really mean having it as your main enduro rig, I have taken it down the steepest and roughest rollers I can find and some pretty sizable drops I would say and the thing hasn't had any issues taking it. e

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
butters1996 wrote:
hartmd25 wrote:

Hey Man I'm around 190 kitted up and I've been riding a spur for the later part of last season until now, and I actually live in New England as well (I ride Lincoln Woods, Diamond Hill, etc).

I definitely wouldn't say you are to big for this bike, it's honestly one of the more solid feeling bikes I've ever ridden. The bike is super capable and confidence inspiring so no problems geo wise for anything steep.
I personally wouldn't want this as my only bike if I were going to be riding super hard down rollers and drops all the time though (what a first world problem -_-), as it still is technically and XC bike.

When I say all the time I really mean having it as your main enduro rig, I have taken it down the steepest and roughest rollers I can find and some pretty sizable drops I would say and the thing hasn't had any issues taking it. e

Good to know. I’ve ridden diamond hill so that’s a good comp. I may sell my patrol to partially fund the build. Going to try and find a lightly used frame or get a new one if I can’t. Thanks fir the input.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
slipperyb wrote:
Hey all. Quick question; If I were to swap shocks on a 2019 AL Patrol, to an RS shock with medium factory compression tune instead of the low factory compression tune, what would I be looking at regarding the change in characteristics? Assume same air pressure between the two.

Gonna tickle this again. Anyone have any thoughts? I've been trying to do some research, and I'm pretty sure the M/M tune would be fine, given the leverage curves are right in there for such a tune, I just am a little hung up on it being said that when the stroke gets on the longer side (i.e.; 65), a lower base compression is better suited.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
200lbs aint that big. You'll be fine
I'm probably about the same weight and I would not hesitate to shred a spur.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007106
Mobile Version of Website