Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
tbeezle wrote:
https://www.transitionbikes.com/SupportFiles/PatrolCarbon_2019_DecalFile.pdf

Pantone 801C or Pantone Process Cyan is the official paint color,

also are you comparing the wet paint to your frame? if so put some on a small area and let it dry and see what happens. wet and dry color can be different. and then factor in a matte clear coat over the top
Ok so I bought probably wrong color. And i compare dry color.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
iridedj wrote:
So does anyone know when the new patrol is coming out?

same frame, same geo, just mullet

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
TiagoShreds wrote:
iridedj wrote:

If you're telling me i'll have an "approved" set of tweaks i need to make mine a mullet, i'm interested

edit: I rode a big hit for a few years. only complaint I had about it was that 24" wheels aren't great. I'd absolutely ride mullet again.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
groghunter wrote:
TiagoShreds wrote:
iridedj wrote:

If you're telling me i'll have an "approved" set of tweaks i need to make mine a mullet, i'm interested

edit: I rode a big hit for a few years. only complaint I had about it was that 24" wheels aren't great. I'd absolutely ride mullet again.

150mm 29r fork and a 205x60mm shock would give you a mullet with close geometry and ~147mm rear wheel travel

But that would be silly and I sincerely hope transition doesn't do any mulleting to the patrol.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
groghunter wrote:
TiagoShreds wrote:
iridedj wrote:

last year at the test ride in Lenzerheide (Switzerland), i asked the distrubutor of Transition Switzerland, if he has any information about a new patrol. He said said its going to be a mullet, like i said.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 4:14 Quote
A mullet patrol (with new gen frame) would be pure perfection!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:

But that would be silly and I sincerely hope transition doesn't do any mulleting to the patrol.

Just makes so much sense...silly would be for them to release a full 27.5, when they are clearly dying. I would even expect them to release an option for mullet or full 29.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Just makes so much sense...silly would be for them to release a full 27.5, when they are clearly dying. I would even expect them to release an option for mullet or full 29.

Well I hope you are wrong. Transition doesn't really seem to be on board with 29'rs being better all the time, a good portion of them are riding Scouts as their primary bike. I see it far more likely that there will be 2 bikes, almost identical, like the Sentinel/Scout , but a Patrol/Supersentinel, both long travel with 2 different configurations for travel (I'm thinking 170/180) and very close geometry, one 27.5 and one 29.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Anyone go from current gen SBG Patrol to a current gen Sentinel?

I love my alloy Patrol, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed when it comes to trying keep up while bombing rock gardens at high-speed compared to my buddies' 29ers. Do I lose downhill capability losing 10 mm of travel in exchange for 29er wheels?

I'm really only concerned about downhill capability -- I already have a Spur for fun and poppy.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
bloodytesla wrote:

I love my alloy Patrol, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed when it comes to trying keep up while bombing rock gardens at high-speed compared to my buddies' 29ers. Do I lose downhill capability losing 10 mm of travel in exchange for 29er wheels?

I'm really only concerned about downhill capability -- I already have a Spur for fun and poppy.

If you want full blown downhill capability while bombing down a rock garden, maybe think about an Enduro, a Megatower, an Altitude rather than the Sentinel...which is good but not as good as these for bombing down rock gardens in my opinion. The Sentinel is more poppy and fun than those tho!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Well I hope you are wrong. Transition doesn't really seem to be on board with 29'rs being better all the time, a good portion of them are riding Scouts as their primary bike. I see it far more likely that there will be 2 bikes, almost identical, like the Sentinel/Scout , but a Patrol/Supersentinel, both long travel with 2 different configurations for travel (I'm thinking 170/180) and very close geometry, one 27.5 and one 29.

From a brand and logistic point of view it would be easier to just have one frame and with a chip-flip or linkage run it mullet or full 29 (or even 27.5 which I doubt)...cuts costs, time, etc. We will see. I would think they would want to bring out a super capable 170 (maybe even 180) travel 29er beast to compete with others on the market.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
bloodytesla wrote:

I did !
Why did I do it ? Well I tried a 29er ( another brand ) on my local track, and I was blown away by the way it kept speed.
Yes, I did not test a Sentinel before buying one, I just knew I wanted a 29er and I really liked the new frame designs ( Scout, Sentinel, Spur wasn`t out yet ) . The Sentinel feels easier to live with everyday than the Patrol, and it`s my only mtb right now. I was concerned about the downhill capability as you are, so I custom built mine with a 170mm Ohlins RXF 36 m.2 air, for the added 10mm of travel. As I also added the TTX 22M coil the bike goes through everything I throw at it like it does not even care.

On the downside, it`s a freaking long bike and I have been finding myself struggling and avoiding some of the tight, technical trails I began riding on. So I am currently considering going back to the stock travel of a 160mm fork or maybe an adjustable headset .

I hope this helps !

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
Does anyone have experience with the formula mod coil on a patrol?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:

From a brand and logistic point of view it would be easier to just have one frame and with a chip-flip or linkage run it mullet or full 29 (or even 27.5 which I doubt)...cuts costs, time, etc. We will see. I would think they would want to bring out a super capable 170 (maybe even 180) travel 29er beast to compete with others on the market.

I have no doubt they will come out with a 170-180 29er, I just don't think that will be the patrol.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

I have no doubt they will come out with a 170-180 29er, I just don't think that will be the patrol.

sorry but unless you plan on riding on the surface of mars no rider on this plannet needs a 180mm 29er enduro rig lol
at that point your better off with a downhil bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013277
Mobile Version of Website