Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
You need to talk to Paul Aston haha

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
A Patrol you can mullet or have a factory option for would be great, a mullet only Patrol would be pretty disappointing.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:

From a brand and logistic point of view it would be easier to just have one frame and with a chip-flip or linkage run it mullet or full 29 (or even 27.5 which I doubt)...cuts costs, time, etc. We will see. I would think they would want to bring out a super capable 170 (maybe even 180) travel 29er beast to compete with others on the market.

I have no doubt they will come out with a 170-180 29er, I just don't think that will be the patrol.

sorry but unless you plan on riding on the surface of mars no rider on this plannet needs a 180mm 29er enduro rig lol
at that point your better off with a downhil bike.

I agree. It seems like everyone is obsessed with these new “super enduro” bikes. I feel like my sentinel is pretty super enduro.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
bloodytesla wrote:
Anyone go from current gen SBG Patrol to a current gen Sentinel?

I love my alloy Patrol, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed when it comes to trying keep up while bombing rock gardens at high-speed compared to my buddies' 29ers. Do I lose downhill capability losing 10 mm of travel in exchange for 29er wheels?

I'm really only concerned about downhill capability -- I already have a Spur for fun and poppy.

I did and don’t have a single regret. I don’t notice the travel loss

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
Guys is this a crack?
hi guys, this is my post from last year, yeah it was a crack and it was warrantied.
To the point, my friend bought patrol. Same storry like me, he was getting used to enduro bike, no bottom outs, no big abuse and he has got exactly the same crack on exactly same spot. Is this some design problem? Any of you had the same crack? Both are 2019 patrols.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 1:42 Quote
Any one want to buy my 2019 patrol frame, mint condition. Ad on my profile

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Guys is this a crack?
hi guys, this is my post from last year, yeah it was a crack and it was warrantied.
To the point, my friend bought patrol. Same storry like me, he was getting used to enduro bike, no bottom outs, no big abuse and he has got exactly the same crack on exactly same spot. Is this some design problem? Any of you had the same crack? Both are 2019 patrols.
odd, I'm a big fat guy and I definitely abuse mine, and no damage there. I do have some worrisome wear on the inside of my chainstay just from tire rub during rim flex I assume? Seems like it's wearing through more than I'd expect.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
Hi, I have 2 brand new sets of invisiframe kits for sale to fit Transition patrol medium size 2020 / 2018 kit both gloss

£55 each or £100 for both posted.

Kev

DM me for details pictures

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
iridedj wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Guys is this a crack?
odd, I'm a big fat guy and I definitely abuse mine, and no damage there. I do have some worrisome wear on the inside of my chainstay just from tire rub during rim flex I assume? Seems like it's wearing through more than I'd expect.

Looks like the paint to me

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
just bought a 2018 scout frame, thinking of running mini mullet 27/26. My fork is 140 so should balance out the rear. I'm thinking only major change would be a 10mm ish BB drop?
TIA for opinions

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 7:10 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
just bought a 2018 scout frame, thinking of running mini mullet 27/26. My fork is 140 so should balance out the rear. I'm thinking only major change would be a 10mm ish BB drop?
TIA for opinions

26 is dead, leave it be...

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
TIA for opinions

26 is dead, leave it be...

Lol

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
TIA for opinions

I support your choice here.

I built a similar set of wheels for someone not long ago actually.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Guys is this a crack?

Yes, I've had two crack here. Just hair line cracks though. Didn't break

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
TIA for opinions

I support your choice here.

I built a similar set of wheels for someone not long ago actually.

Thanx for the reply, an yeah it's rad on my NS hardtail but, after finding out I'm limited to a 34th ring I'm gonna go 27 as I usually run 38 or 36 oval on my 26 an priority on this build is pedalling rather than play.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010309
Mobile Version of Website