Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
I have a 2017 Patrol (cheapest model, I think 4 with the Yari, etc.) and have started looking into upgrading parts on it now. My question is, is it worth throwing a bunch of money in suspension, brakes, and a few other things or just try and sell and put that money toward a new one? My frame is in great shape and I have no issues with it, just not sure which direction to go.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
mrayw101 wrote:
I have a 2017 Patrol (cheapest model, I think 4 with the Yari, etc.) and have started looking into upgrading parts on it now. My question is, is it worth throwing a bunch of money in suspension, brakes, and a few other things or just try and sell and put that money toward a new one? My frame is in great shape and I have no issues with it, just not sure which direction to go.

unless there is something specifically you don't like about it then why not upgrade parts.

Different rear shock, damper upgrade for the yari and a nice set of wheels.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:
mrayw101 wrote:

unless there is something specifically you don't like about it then why not upgrade parts.

Different rear shock, damper upgrade for the yari and a nice set of wheels.

this^ I have a 2017 I've changed out parts and upgraded over 3 seasons. it is a beast of a bike and none of my friends can beat me still.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
hey guys,
could you tell me pls the dpx2 shock tune of the v3patrol? thanks in advance!

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
With some of the first Transition Spires and Patrols starting to be delivered across Europe and North America, we are stoked to announce that we've got Tailored protection kits designed and ready to go for them. Whether you choose gloss or matte protection, these are two good looking bikes you'll want to keep protected from day one!

Transition Spire Tailored Protection Kit

Transition Patrol Tailored Protection Kit

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
mrayw101 wrote:
I'm gonna go the other way and tell you to sell and buy new. I'm looking at the same thing, I'm on a 2019 nx patrol and I'm weighing between upgrading and buying new and new has the better value, if you are going with the higher model. In my case I'm grabbing the gx model.

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
iridedj wrote:
mrayw101 wrote:
I'm gonna go the other way and tell you to sell and buy new. I'm looking at the same thing, I'm on a 2019 nx patrol and I'm weighing between upgrading and buying new and new has the better value, if you are going with the higher model. In my case I'm grabbing the gx model.

Yeah second vote here for sell up and move forward. I never looked back going from OG to SBG Patrol, it was definitely much faster and fun.

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Hi all,

I'm doing my research on a Spur X01 model. I've invested in a handbuilt wheelset with 30mm DT rims and i9 Hydra hubs that I would like to carry over to the Spur. What's the clearance on the Spur like? Could you still run 2.4 tires front and rear on 30mm rims? Its running 25mm stock from what I can read.... Anyone have experience to share?

Edit:
Nevermind the only dealer here in Netherlands just said that pre-orders have a 12-18 month waiting time. What?!?! Moving on....!

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
Hi all,

I'm doing my research on a Spur X01 model. I've invested in a handbuilt wheelset with 30mm DT rims and i9 Hydra hubs that I would like to carry over to the Spur. What's the clearance on the Spur like? Could you still run 2.4 tires front and rear on 30mm rims? Its running 25mm stock from what I can read.... Anyone have experience to share?

I use 30mm/2.4", no clearance issues. That 5mm doesn't change the overall width of the tire massively.

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
Hi guys. Looking for a fidlock bottle for my 2019 carbon patrol and wondering how big bottle fits in. 1l will be just fine if it fits, how big fidlock bottles do you ride with?

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
skavenger416 wrote:
A quick question. How do you internally route the shifter cable through the chain stay on a 2019 alloy patrol? I cannot get the housing to route through in either direction without it hitting something.

I bent the end of the cable housing into a curve, and inserted from the crank side with the curved part directed upwards. It just popped up through the end of the chainstay near the derailleur first try.. after about an hour of messing around.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
I picked up a Super deluxe ultimate for my 2017 patrol, only to then realize that the stock shock has a bearing mount on the top and the newer shocks don’t have that option… anyone have any suggestions on mounting hardware to make the shock work?

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 0:03 Quote
mrayw101 wrote:
I picked up a Super deluxe ultimate for my 2017 patrol, only to then realize that the stock shock has a bearing mount on the top and the newer shocks don’t have that option… anyone have any suggestions on mounting hardware to make the shock work?
it will still work, just will have a bit more friction. There are a few low friction bush options which most suspension places sell. Speak to the one you use for shock servicing and you should get one that performs nearly as well as the sealed bearing

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi guys. Looking for a fidlock bottle for my 2019 carbon patrol and wondering how big bottle fits in. 1l will be just fine if it fits, how big fidlock bottles do you ride with?
I can fit the full size transition bottle 750 ml into my ALU 2019 patrol with a sideload bottle holder, but not a normal bottle holder. Its pretty much maxed out there.

Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
iridedj wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
I can fit the full size transition bottle 750 ml into my ALU 2019 patrol with a sideload bottle holder, but not a normal bottle holder. Its pretty much maxed out there.

I can only fit a "normal" sized bottle, not a large one, in my medium patrol. Quick google shows that as it fitting a 22oz bottle, but not the 26oz ones.

edit: and even that rubs the bottom of the top tube, i put a sticker on the spot it rubs to protect the paint.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006757
Mobile Version of Website