Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Author Message
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
SBG Patrol with 44mm offset fork

Will it work? Currently got a 37mm DVO Diamond which is great but got an itch to move up to Onyx - only available in 44mm currently. Will it matter that much?

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
tops5 wrote:
SBG Patrol with 44mm offset fork

Will it work? Currently got a 37mm DVO Diamond which is great but got an itch to move up to Onyx - only available in 44mm currently. Will it matter that much?

I've run it at both 42 and 49 ( i have an MRP Bartlett on it now.) you'll notice it, but it's not world ending.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
groghunter wrote:
tops5 wrote:
SBG Patrol with 44mm offset fork

Will it work? Currently got a 37mm DVO Diamond which is great but got an itch to move up to Onyx - only available in 44mm currently. Will it matter that much?

I've run it at both 42 and 49 ( i have an MRP Bartlett on it now.) you'll notice it, but it's not world ending.

Cheers mate - pulled the trigger anyway Wink

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
Visited Fort William to ride the Black Top Chief trail and the WC track. The patrol mk1 handled the rocks at my slow pace with ease. Fork is a mezzer @ 170 (37 offset) shock is a CCDB coil IL.


Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
hello, can i put a fox sls spring 2.65 "in my transition patrol 2020?
unfortunately 2.75 "are unavailable Frown

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Change of wheels on my Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.


Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
Change of wheels on my Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.

snip>

holy hell. got me drooling, i freaking love copper and patina. That's not a stock colorway from onyx, is it?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
groghunter wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
Change of wheels on my Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.

snip>

holy hell. got me drooling, i freaking love copper and patina. That's not a stock colorway from onyx, is it?

No, it is not. I had a custom color run done of the patina copper, and a straight up copper as well, just for us.

I still have 2 sets of the patina, and 3 sets of the straight copper available for wheel builds.


Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 22:33 Quote
wkosmider wrote:
hello, can i put a fox sls spring 2.65 "in my transition patrol 2020?
unfortunately 2.75 "are unavailable Frown

Yes you can! If you have a 205x65 shock

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 23:36 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
groghunter wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
Change of wheels on my Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.

snip>

holy hell. got me drooling, i freaking love copper and patina. That's not a stock colorway from onyx, is it?

No, it is not. I had a custom color run done of the patina copper, and a straight up copper as well, just for us.

I still have 2 sets of the patina, and 3 sets of the straight copper available for wheel builds.


Dude, this is art. Beautiful build.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
gramboh wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
groghunter wrote:


holy hell. got me drooling, i freaking love copper and patina. That's not a stock colorway from onyx, is it?

No, it is not. I had a custom color run done of the patina copper, and a straight up copper as well, just for us.

I still have 2 sets of the patina, and 3 sets of the straight copper available for wheel builds.


Dude, this is art. Beautiful build.

Thank you!!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
groghunter wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
Change of wheels on my Spur.

Now using Onyx Classic in Patina Copper, which ties perfectly to both frame color and the copper/bourbon parts - they change from copper to that teal copper patina with change in viewing angle.

snip>

holy hell. got me drooling, i freaking love copper and patina. That's not a stock colorway from onyx, is it?

No, it is not. I had a custom color run done of the patina copper, and a straight up copper as well, just for us.

I still have 2 sets of the patina, and 3 sets of the straight copper available for wheel builds.


like they said above, pure art. Gorgeous build man. Loves the colors and attention to detail.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
Has anyone setup a new patrol frame with 11 speed Shimano? I’m trying to workout the ideal chain line and if it would work with less than a 52mm chain line regarding chainring clearance to the frame…

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
justjake wrote:
Has anyone setup a new patrol frame with 11 speed Shimano? I’m trying to workout the ideal chain line and if it would work with less than a 52mm chain line regarding chainring clearance to the frame…

Not on the new one. but I can say there was a LOT of space to spare on my 27.5 patrol. I don't even have boost cranks on mine now. maybe pull or borrow another crank and test fit it.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
groghunter wrote:
justjake wrote:
Has anyone setup a new patrol frame with 11 speed Shimano? I’m trying to workout the ideal chain line and if it would work with less than a 52mm chain line regarding chainring clearance to the frame…

Not on the new one. but I can say there was a LOT of space to spare on my 27.5 patrol. I don't even have boost cranks on mine now. maybe pull or borrow another crank and test fit it.

No boost cranks/chainring on my '19 Patrol, works ok but the chainring is close to the gear cable


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.103134
Mobile Version of Website