Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
perfect weather for a ride today

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
My alloy 2022 Sentinel is ace - got it just before Christmas and loving it. Had a shorter travel Bird Aether 7 on 650b wheels - so this is my first 29er and going a bit slacker / bigger travel. More playful than I expected - it felt immediately comfortable and just like the Aether but with more speed and capability.

Weighs 34lbs - Lyrik Ultimates / Codes / XM481s on Hope and Bitex hubs / Hillbilly 2.6” grid trail front / dhr2 exo 3c 2.3” rear / xt cassette mech and shifter / X1 gxp carbon cranks / oneup 210mm dropper / brand x carbon bar / thomson 50mm stem / fabric scoop saddle / superstar Nano Evo pedals.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
I'm planning on building a 2022 transition patrol, medium in blueberry
Going to put a coil shock on it, for an average, what spring rate should I try? 5'10 180lbs

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
Has anyone got a new patrol in size large and put a one-up 210mm dropper on it? Or, can anyone share their experience with the longest dropper post that they’ve fitted that can be slammed the most (if that makes sense?!).

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 12:51 Quote
justjake wrote:
Has anyone got a new patrol in size large and put a one-up 210mm dropper on it? Or, can anyone share their experience with the longest dropper post that they’ve fitted that can be slammed the most (if that makes sense?!).

I have a 180mm 1up on a large 2019. I'm 5'9" and I have around 1/3" showing of the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-tLeE8jTAq/

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 0:29 Quote
justjake wrote:
Sure I read somewhere L frame should have come with a 210 post but stock issues ment they shipped with a 180. I've got a large with a 180 post and could have done with a 210 to slam that saddle right out the way. I'm just over 6 foot.
Simon

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
I'm 6' on a Spire with a 180.
There's 40mm from frame to seatpost collar.
The post will slam into the frame.
In theory there's space for a 210.

However, bear in mind the post is longer so check out the maximum frame insertion and length of the lower of the OneUp.

In theory I could fit a 210, just, but I couldn't fully slam it in the frame so I stuck with 180 which is great for normal trails. I can also slam it for uplift days to get ultimately lower than I could with the 210.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
My alloy 2022 Sentinel is ace - got it just before Christmas and loving it. Had a shorter travel Bird Aether 7 on 650b wheels - so this is my first 29er and going a bit slacker / bigger travel. More playful than I expected - it felt immediately comfortable and just like the Aether but with more speed and capability.

Weighs 34lbs - Lyrik Ultimates / Codes / XM481s on Hope and Bitex hubs / Hillbilly 2.6” grid trail front / dhr2 exo 3c 2.3” rear / xt cassette mech and shifter / X1 gxp carbon cranks / oneup 210mm dropper / brand x carbon bar / thomson 50mm stem / fabric scoop saddle / superstar Nano Evo pedals.

Dang, thats light! What size is your frame?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
Medium size Sentinel alloy. I guess the wheels and tyres are fairly light for the type of bike plus a few carbon bits. I thought it was quite heavy tbh!

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
Medium size Sentinel alloy. I guess the wheels and tyres are fairly light for the type of bike plus a few carbon bits. I thought it was quite heavy tbh!

I've seen some FB/instagram posts of dudes weighing their alloy sentinels being 38-39lbs. So yours is a featherweight in comparison haha.

(like you said, they probably have heavy tires, cushcore, etc).

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 0:11 Quote
Yeah I suspect so. I had a coaching session with someone a few weeks back who had a Marin Aline Trail carbon - but with 38’s / DD tyres / push coil shock / heavier wheels. The guy commented how light my Sentinel was! I had a Bird Aether 7 before with broadly the same build kit but 27.5” wheels but a Fox DHX2 coil. That was 33lbs - the transition frame is a chunk heavier than the Bird one.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
Hey folks, I just replaced my Medium 2017 Alloy scout (with an updated scout!) Im wondering if you could suggest what price to list the old frame at? The shock needs a service but the pivot bearings are newish, no damage to the frame and overall in good shape. The for sale section seems to list alloy frames from this era between 1,000-1,500 which seems high to me. What do you think? Im more interested in getting something for it without too much work then getting the BEST price...

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 7:02 Quote
In the Uk those frames were sold off at about £1400 when the new scout came out a few years ago - I nearly bought one but did a last min swerve to something that pedalled better.

I’d expect that to be £700-£800 in the UK with a shock in need of a service. Getting harder to sell secondhand 27.5” stuff over here as most people are now after 29ers.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
Just sold a very good condition 2018 size XL Scout for £1600 if that's any use as a reference point.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3206734/

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Just installed a new Push 11/6 on my Sentinel to find that on the Firm/Climb setting it clunks…it’s like the shock is holding from compressing and then releases it…if I turn the dials a few clicks it disappears!?
I’ve had an older version before that didn’t do this and assume something is not right with it!?
Anyone had the same experience by any chance? So bloody annoying…

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009785
Mobile Version of Website