Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
27.5 w/ 180mm fork gets you right about where it originally is w/ a 29er at 160mm. I've been seeing most of the Transition staff members putting dual crowns on w/ 27.5 and they say it is super fun, I am also planning on doing this in the upcoming months. The bike feels great how it is currently. Will have to mullet it with my fox 36 29er and rob a front rim from my hardtail.

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 10:40 Quote
Does anyone use a 51mm offset fork on their SBG bikes? I already know how shorter fork offset works (more trail = more stable)

I could not pass a great deal on a Fox 36 170mm Grip2 with 51mm rake.

Let me know your experiences.

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
gabdumlao wrote:
Does anyone use a 51mm offset fork on their SBG bikes? I already know how shorter fork offset works (more trail = more stable)

I could not pass a great deal on a Fox 36 170mm Grip2 with 51mm rake.

Let me know your experiences.

No personal experience from me, but Kazimer wrote about it here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/transition-sentinel-review-2017.html

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
jeiR wrote:
Anyone else experiencing the knock on sentinel v2? This knocking sound come and go. Transition already replaced my select+ shock to deluxe ultimate but I’m still experiencing this knocking sound. Even on a small curb while pedalling going to work. I don’t know how to fix this. I already put a wishlist on a the new megatower out of frustration lol.

My super deluxe ultimate settings:

27% sag
3 clicks LSC
2 clicks HSC

Knock knock knock! Is it time for a coil maybe?

I am also dealing with an intermittent knocking noise on my '22 Alloy Sentinel with the Float X shock. Feels as though there is an undamped area in the start of the travel which leads to it topping out and making the knocking noise while riding. I'm not sure but will likely take it in to Fox for warranty assessment.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
i ended up getting sick of it with the Float X and not getting the back end to feel good, didnt want to mess with the cascade link even though its ment to help it alot for what i wanted.
I put a Spectral on my wishlist an ended up buying it, its so damn good and no stupid noises.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:08 Quote
Here is the final build. The travel in the rear is increased with the addition of the Cascade link, Float X2 has a stroke of 60mm for 170mm rear travel and the DHX2 has a stroke of 65mm giving me 180mm travel in the rear. Cockpit is scrunched but that's the feeling for the bike in general, this medium feels like a small. Very playful bike, and feels like a dream.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
That's awesome! and almost exactly what I am planning to build. I was calculating that the axle to crown height on a 203mm 27.5 fox 40 is actually only 11mm more than the 160mm Zeb the bike is rated for. When you add in the 19mm height reduction from the wheel you end up with a front end actually lower than stock, with 203mm up front. Do you have a 29" 180mm fork on there?

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
pinkbikeeye wrote:
That's awesome! and almost exactly what I am planning to build. I was calculating that the axle to crown height on a 203mm 27.5 fox 40 is actually only 11mm more than the 160mm Zeb the bike is rated for. When you add in the 19mm height reduction from the wheel you end up with a front end actually lower than stock, with 203mm up front. Do you have a 29" 180mm fork on there?

I have a 27.5 rim at 200mm up front. I have not crunched the numbers for the change in head angle or A-C lengths, honestly was being stingy if I strayed off original geometry but at this point I do not care at all. just throw whatever you want on the frame and I'm sure it'll feel fine. I went with my 29er up front for a few runs on my local trails and I didn't really like it, it felt like a huge shovel and tripped me up on some loose scree.

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
Got a cc link for the Patrol. Got to tell, this stuff delivers all the promises. Sitting at about 16kg, but i don't mind.

Ps: sorry about the potato pics.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010023
Mobile Version of Website