Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 15, 2023 at 6:19 Quote
Anyone have any tips for the internal cable routing on the rear triangle of a carbon sentinel? Feels like cable is getting stuck at BB end and struggling to get anything round the bend.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 15, 2023 at 6:55 Quote
Does the cable go through on its own? Try feeding it through with the cable in the housing, so you can pull on the cable to get the rest out as well.

Try some lube as well.

Posted: Jan 15, 2023 at 7:42 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Does the cable go through on its own? Try feeding it through with the cable in the housing, so you can pull on the cable to get the rest out as well.

Try some lube as well.

It did, and now it doesn't seem to. Almost as if it's blocked somehow at one end. Holding light up to the hole you can't see much.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 11:14 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Try some lube as well.

It did, and now it doesn't seem to. Almost as if it's blocked somehow at one end. Holding light up to the hole you can't see much.

Did you try both ends?

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 12:11 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Try some lube as well.

Did you try both ends?

Yeah. Seemed to work from one end (rear end) at first with inner cable but now doesn't seem to. It's not a brand new frame so not sure if there's something blocking it? Is there a sleeve in the rear end?

First Transition I've owned and previous bike was external routing or a Santa cruz with no internal routing on the rear end.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 12:46 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
hairy-g wrote:

Did you try both ends?

Yeah. Seemed to work from one end (rear end) at first with inner cable but now doesn't seem to. It's not a brand new frame so not sure if there's something blocking it? Is there a sleeve in the rear end?

First Transition I've owned and previous bike was external routing or a Santa cruz with no internal routing on the rear end.

There should be a sleeve molded into chainstay. The one on my Spur was damaged from the factory. I opened it up with a pick, being not gentle enough and almost ripped it out. The housing went through in the end and I put some Sugru round the opening to keep water out. So be careful. Maybe try a bike shop?

That is no 5mm through hole.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 13:08 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
hairy-g wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Did you try both ends?

There should be a sleeve molded into chainstay. The one on my Spur was damaged from the factory. I opened it up with a pick, being not gentle enough and almost ripped it out. The housing went through in the end and I put some Sugru round the opening to keep water out. So be careful. Maybe try a bike shop?

That is no 5mm through hole.

Thank you., could well be a sleeve that's been pushed when I've tried to fit the external cable. My next go to was to take it to a shop so I'll try that. Thanks for the help. much appreciated!

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 23:50 Quote
Hi guys. I’m am between sizes on the 2022 alloy patrol. I was wondering if the size medium rear end would fit and work on the size L front triangle?

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 2:09 Quote
Willcarpenter8 wrote:
Hi guys. I’m am between sizes on the 2022 alloy patrol. I was wondering if the size medium rear end would fit and work on the size L front triangle?

Have you been able to sit on both sizes? One thing I really like about the patrol is how low it sits as I've got really short legs so the stand over clearence is great. If the reach on an L is ok for you then I'd encourage you to have a sit on one as it may well be just right

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 3:01 Quote
sorryiamtheboss wrote:
Willcarpenter8 wrote:

Have you been able to sit on both sizes? One thing I really like about the patrol is how low it sits as I've got really short legs so the stand over clearence is great. If the reach on an L is ok for you then I'd encourage you to have a sit on one as it may well be just right

Hi mate! I have the size L one it fits great I would jsut prefer a slightly shorter back end

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 9:04 Quote
Just picked up my stock alloy sentinel GX build. Bit of a bummer i won't be able to get out on it for a couple of week due to work trips.

Random one, is there a way of making the DT swiss 370 rear hub ratchet not silent? I do like a noisy hub lol

I'll upgrade at some point.

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 9:57 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
Just picked up my stock alloy sentinel GX build. Bit of a bummer i won't be able to get out on it for a couple of week due to work trips.

Random one, is there a way of making the DT swiss 370 rear hub ratchet not silent? I do like a noisy hub lol

DT Swiss make fantastic hubs, the 370 is so-so and I think it was discontinued. For upgrade I like the 350 . None of the DT Swiss hubs are loud. If you want more noise replace the grease with oil. Expect to add oil frequently or trash your hub.

Good luck.

Posted: Jan 18, 2023 at 13:43 Quote
I'll hold out until i change wheels then. Probably go hope pro4's like i have on my old patrol.

BenLow2019 wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

DT Swiss make fantastic hubs, the 370 is so-so and I think it was discontinued. For upgrade I like the 350 . None of the DT Swiss hubs are loud. If you want more noise replace the grease with oil. Expect to add oil frequently or trash your hub.

Good luck.

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 3:52 Quote
Hi, I've searched in different threads, however I think I'll find the answer here.

Have any of you ever tried to mount the rear triangle from alloy Sentinel SBG model to alloy Patrol SBG? I'm wondering if my 2019 Patrol could take a Sentinel rear triangle to use a 29" wheel? Then I could also replace the front with 29 inches and just convert the bike to a 29 inch Patrol tup

It's a crazy idea, but perhaps someone has thought of something like this before or has done it? The chainstay size for the large size Patrol is 430mm and the large Sentinel is 435mm. The links are the same, I think the mounts are too.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 5:24 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

You can upgrade to a ratchet hub with the LN Upgrade kit for around $150. With the 36 or 54 tooth ratchet it should sound better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023043
Mobile Version of Website