Remedy or Slash?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
Hi,
Just bought a trek remedy 7 this season and am startin to get my interest up for some enduro racing. I would need more travel up front though and that's where I can't make up my mind. Should I upgrade my remedy with a rockshox pike 160mm or should I buy a slash 7 instead??? I work at a bike shop so both options would end up costing about the same, but I don't know what would be best. I like working with the bike so buying a new fork would be fun, but I'm slightly worried that 140mm rear suspension isn't quite enough going all in on the descents. Then on the other hand I'm also worried that the slash with 160mm front and back would be a slight overkill and slowing me down too much uphill and on the flats as I live in Stockholm where the closest real mountains are about 400km north. I'm also just 70kg with gear so probably don't put so much stress on the bike, but I still want to be able to go both up and down without worries. So, would the upgraded remedy be capable or would it be best to get the slash?
Cheers Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
the remedy would be fine. i just got one recently (remedy 8 275) and even though i only have a 140mm fox 34 i feel even thats enough for enduro racing. (as long as you arent competing at a super high level). because i think that since you dont have any serious mountainns around you the slash would be a pain on local trails that involve more uphill as well as it will be less fun and agile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009301
Mobile Version of Website