Rockshox Boxxer rc: rebound adjust does nothing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rockshox Boxxer rc: rebound adjust does nothing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 12:38 Quote
Basically my boxxer 2014 rc forks have never really had any rebound adjustment as far as I can remember. I sent them back to where I bought them (in Germany) and it took like a month for them to fix but still the rebound adjust does nothing. Any suggestions?

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
sharkeyconor wrote:
Basically my boxxer 2014 rc forks have never really had any rebound adjustment as far as I can remember. I sent them back to where I bought them (in Germany) and it took like a month for them to fix but still the rebound adjust does nothing. Any suggestions?

Suggestions? Yeah, upgrade your fork if you want the knobs to do something Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 6:45 Quote
Sadly I think they have deliberately made the Boxxer RC akin to a bag of crap so they can continue to sell R2C2s and WCs. I've just got a bike with '14 RC's on and they are just awful.

The problem with mine is the rebound seems to pack up on repetitive bumps in quick succession. First and second bumps are ok but the fork just starts banging on subsequent ones and leads to front wheel slipping out. On fast hard pack trails with stony surfaces the forks just seem to go rigid. Winding the rebound all the way out helps but in the end it just turns into a pogo stick.

Looks like they're forcing people to upgrade by deliberately making a crap damper. The damper on the 2001 Kona Stab's OEM Super Ts I bought new was streets ahead straight out of the box compared to this damper on my RCs and that was nearly 14 years ago!

Progress?? Progress my arse. I'm just going to grin and bear it and buy a Charger when they finally arrive in stock. Last thing I want to do is send them back to the shop have them send them to the UK distributor to find nothing wrong and send them back leaving me bikeless for a month.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 9:40 Quote
Pop a shim out or re arrange the stack with different size/ thickness shims. It makes a world of difference on the RC forks. I had a domain dual crown rc and it made the fork much more active. There are articles either here or on mtbr for how it's done.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 10:00 Quote
madmax650 wrote:
Pop a shim out or re arrange the stack with different size/ thickness shims. It makes a world of difference on the RC forks. I had a domain dual crown rc and it made the fork much more active. There are articles either here or on mtbr for how it's done.

Aha! Nice one, will have a look. Ta.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 5:15 Quote
OK so your rebound does not work. Question. What weight of spring is inside the fork? How much do you weigh? And most importantly.... did you get the proper weight spring put into the fork?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009163
Mobile Version of Website