The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Got lost in previous pages on the thread about rear shocks people, so sorry for repetition here......

Any quick help on this?

Current setup is a 2014 meta sx factory. Binned the formulas for shimano saints, alpha rims for hope tech enduros and have now had enough of the fox float rear. Im 95kg and have to run so much effing pressure in it to not bottom out that it feels like a hardtail. Tuning it doesn't appeal so I just wanted to grab a shortlist from anyone that has upgraded.

Coil shocks i know won't fit so its just a question of what air shocks make the bike better. Budget not an issue.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
Do you have the piggyback compatible chainstays? If so, you have quite a few options, Monarch+ Debonair, Fox Float X (or even DPX2 but no idea what it's worth), maybe even the Ohlins (which would be pretty good for a heavy rider)

If you don't, not a lot of options .... a tuned Fox Float DPS would probably be my pick, or a BOS Vipr if you're not allergic to BOS products lol

I'd stay away from the standard Monarch (non plus), which is just a pure XC shock.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:54 Quote
I actually have no clue on the chainstays.....

Easiest way to tell/measure?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 23:13 Quote
You'd have to compare pictures of both chainstays I guess? No idea if there is a serial number or even a small name on it to show it.

I'm not sure it was available in 2014, so I would assume it's not piggyback compatible

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
HI

I have the same model (Meta sx 2014) which is not piggyback compatible. I replace my Fox CTD with an Cane Creek Inline, it was like getting a new bike.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:08 Quote
Cane creek inline fits ok then.....

Ire there different models of the cane creek inline?

Thanks for the replies guys

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
If you go for one, definitely get one with still a long time left on the warranty, considering how unreliable they are ...

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 1:27 Quote
Hello,
I just swapped out my Rockshox forks for Fox on my Meta HT. Im getting a lot of wiggle in the forks and the headset. Almost like im missing a bearing or adapter.
Anyone else have this issue?

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 10:10 Quote
Hi

There have to be a metal ring between the steerer tube and the headset.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
I have all the same rings I had with my rockshox but the forks don't sit right, especially when front brake is locked

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 21:58 Quote
Hazzatrazza wrote:
I have all the same rings I had with my rockshox but the forks don't sit right, especially when front brake is locked

I had the same problem a few years ago when I swapped from RS to Fox, fitting a deeper lower headset race solved it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
Hi Peeps quick question any riders around the 6ft 6 mark riding the xl 2017 Meta v4.2? Cheers

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 15:58 Quote
Has anyone mounted a mudguard onto the rear to protect the shock on a DH V3? I think mine is 2014/15 so it doesn't come with one.

Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 1:02 Quote
Hey,

I'm currently riding the 2017 Meta V3 Orange 650b, I bought it brand new in October. It's a great bike and I love it but I think I've made a mistake on the size. I've got a large and think I would prefer a medium.

So i'm either looking to sell it and buy another one in medium unless by any chance someone happens to have a medium that the wish to swap for a large? Would have to be like for like.

Bike is exactly as standard when it came out of the box with the exception of a new KNC chain.

Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 2:04 Quote
If it's too long, you could have a go at a shorter stem or slightly shorter bars (like 760 instead of 780 for example) ? It would probably be less expensive that a frame swap/sell-buy.

But if it's the seatpost being too long ... :/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014319
Mobile Version of Website