The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
sick bike. Does anyone know why Commencal puts the chain like that is there a special reason for it

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
High pivot bikes like this one or the Canfield Jedi for example, will have a very big chain growth when you dive into the travel. That would result with a lot of kickback in the pedals (basically, everytime you take a hit, the pedals would want to go backwards a bit, very unsettling Smile )

By putting a pulley very close to the high pivot, it just eliminates that kickback. The chainstay length will still grow as you go into the travel, but without any effect on the pedals.

That kind of suspension is really good at absorbing bumps and hits, the wheel doesn't "block" on the obstacle, but instead "reels" back to help go over it. The result is a suspension that will eat pretty much anything you throw at it.

Drawback, the chainstay length will varry a LOT, and that can unset some riders while cornering for example. At 0% sag the chainstays are probably some of the shortest on recent bikes, but it grows a lot when you bottom out for example. I did really like my Supreme DH V4.2, just wished I had bought it in XL and not L.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
Supreme v4.2 air vs coil shock, what do you guys think?

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
I am a fan of coil myself.I think that with a coil suspension you get a better feeling of the track...go for a TI spring though.or for an SLS..

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 13:38 Quote
RogerTalbot wrote:
Supreme v4.2 air vs coil shock, what do you guys think?

Coil- it will need less service and it is much more planted+ better mid stroke support

If you have the chance go for a Jade Coil- you can service it yourself without special tools+ customise your shimstack easily Smile

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Instead of just photos, here's a "short" movie about trailbuilding, also with some commencal meta v3 action on local trails. Enjoy!

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/winko/blog/creators2.html

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 20:19 Quote
Yeah I was thinking of buying a nice Float X2 to replace my vivid r2c and shed some weight. I'll think a bit longer! Smile

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 1:56 Quote
roks wrote:
Instead of just photos, here's a "short" movie about trailbuilding, also with some commencal meta v3 action on local trails. Enjoy!

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/winko/blog/creators2.html

Is the trail secret or offical for other people? Would like to ride it when Im in Slov. visiting friends

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
Hi guys, I'm 5" 9/ 10 and really thinking about buying a supreme v4, what size should I get, usually a medium but have heard that the v4 can be on the small side, opinions?

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 9:59 Quote
Owenjs wrote:
Hi guys, I'm 5" 9/ 10 and really thinking about buying a supreme v4, what size should I get, usually a medium but have heard that the v4 can be on the small side, opinions?

large or XL for V4 and Large for V4.2

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Owenjs wrote:

Cheers, n yeah think I'll go for the large then, another question, do you know any sites other then commencals official site that sell the v4?

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
Got my meta trail v4.2 up for sale if anyone’s interested Smile ! https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2329784/

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
Owenjs wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
Owenjs wrote:

Cheers, n yeah think I'll go for the large then, another question, do you know any sites other then commencals official site that sell the v4?

I got mine from bike active in the south of the uk but I ordered it over the phone and had it delivered. Also used my cycle to work scheme voucher on it. They sometimes have them in stock so you can check for size. Mine had to be ordered in. I’m 5’10” and I have a v3 in large and it’s as big as I would dare go!

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 11:31 Quote
Owenjs wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
Owenjs wrote:

Chain Reaction Cycles

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
"commencal canada"
mondja a
commencal meta v 4.2 2017-es versenyt, a commencal meta v 4.2 esszenciális 2018
mindkettő nagyjából megegyezik
a 2017-es előnye, hogy kissé könnyebb és különböző fék érzi
a 2018 előnye az Eagle hajtáslánc
mindkettő jó keretet, felfüggesztést és kerekek

és kérdezze meg a láncfűrészes sarokpálcát.

Köszönjük, hogy elérte, ha pedálokkal egyenes lábakkal utazik, akkor semmi esetre sem szabad. Azok, akik a sarkukkal befelé lovagolnak, hajlamosak erre a kérdésre. Ön több, mint üdvözölni a swing által tárolni, és próbáld ki magadnak, ha gyengül

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012126
Mobile Version of Website