The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 2:20 Quote
sq225917 wrote:
Lol, yeh your website colour fidelity sucks. Make sure your photo and web guys use the same screens and same calibration.

And I've been on the receiving end of writing content that lists the specific headset model, even though it doesn't say included, or show it fitted anywhere in the web copy. Now I just do all our bikes with the headset spec rather than model name, less chance for confusion.

Classy move trying to put the blame on the customer with regard to the shock spacer comment. Maybe sticker the spacer with a warning then there's no chance for confusion.

You're the kind of guy asking for paper instruction telling you can't dry your pet in microwave, correct?

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 3:31 Quote
andhebus wrote:
sq225917 wrote:
Lol, yeh your website colour fidelity sucks. Make sure your photo and web guys use the same screens and same calibration.

And I've been on the receiving end of writing content that lists the specific headset model, even though it doesn't say included, or show it fitted anywhere in the web copy. Now I just do all our bikes with the headset spec rather than model name, less chance for confusion.

Classy move trying to put the blame on the customer with regard to the shock spacer comment. Maybe sticker the spacer with a warning then there's no chance for confusion.

You're the kind of guy asking for paper instruction telling you can't dry your pet in microwave, correct?

Lmao or car companies that get sued because the manual doesnt say "Dont lay on the Ground when the car is moving"

Seriously only in the USA something like this is possible. The incident with the McDonald's coffee would be laughed at here in Europe.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
Riding Commencal for many years, always great support and quick answers. Looks like this fool is trying to get some free frames

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
IMAO. If you order a frame only, its ONLY a frame you wil get, meaning no shock, headset or bb.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 2:49 Quote
Actually , I'm the guy who has to write the warning shit for an MTB brand, you'd be amazed at what fucx ups people try to claim for.

My point was, if Commencal can't show it left in good condition why should he have to prove it wasn't him, it works both ways?

Anyway, think we're all agreed, he tends towards douche.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 2:55 Quote
andhebus wrote:

No, I'm the guy who has to write these instructions for a bike company because, duh, people are idiots.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 9:12 Quote
Well that would require them to take photos and hold that information for every single frame that left the warehouse... and what would that prove?

I deal with accepting restaurant equipment and filing shipping damage reports often. Its really a tough thing to work out especially if the damage occurs with no visible damage to crates or packaging.

Homies attitude and interesting expectations are more in question than anything deceptive from Commy. Especially since it appears they offered up many courtesies.

It took me three years of persistance to get reimbursment for a 5,000$ oven.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Anyone purchased a meta tr 29 yet? Any reviews or details on the ride and sizing would be much appreciated. Its very high on my list for next bike!

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
26 ain't dead, here is my Supreme FR during preparation to season

Commencal Supreme FR

Also video of build it back.

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
Hello

Can I use this fork in a Commencal Meta V4.2 2017 frame?

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/rockshox-lyrik-rct3-debonair-180-boost-51mm-offset-fork-29-27.5

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
Bike is done
Beefy
Pulling the dropper and back to a clamp and post for park/FR. Also back on the 50mm DH stem. Bike rips.

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
Shredding indeed. tup

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
Just a quick question really. I own a 2013 meta am V3 and was wondering if offset bushings would be able to fit due to the size of the mounting bolts. Shock is a 2014 fox float ctd. Many thanks

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Just a quick question really. I own a 2013 meta am V3 and was wondering if offset bushings would be able to fit due to the size of the mounting bolts. Shock is a 2014 fox float ctd. Many thanks

Jeron from Offsetbushings.com here!

Yes, they can fit. They use 10mm bolts which means with a pair of Offset Bushings you're looking at around 0.5 degrees of adjustment on average.

That's certainly a very noticeable improvement - it's actually the standard adjustment for some of the most popular bikes to install bushings in (Enduro / Stumpjumper). They're very popular for the Meta V3 / V4.1/2.

Ordering is super easy, just make a note of your frame and shock models (like in your post) when ordering this - https://www.offsetbushings.com/collections/frontpage/products/offset-bushings-pair

Hope that helps! Any questions, please give us a shout.

Jeron

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014425
Mobile Version of Website