Rear suspension for bigger riders

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rear suspension for bigger riders
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 12:19 Quote
I'm relatively new to DH. Currently I'm sporting a Fox Vanilla R on my rig. I've heard mixed reviews on it and was looking to swap it out with something different. I'm 6'4" and weight 215 pounds. I've heard that stiffer suspensions are better for heavier riders. What would be good products to look at?

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
jellobiafra2016 wrote:
I'm relatively new to DH. Currently I'm sporting a Fox Vanilla R on my rig. I've heard mixed reviews on it and was looking to swap it out with something different. I'm 6'4" and weight 215 pounds. I've heard that stiffer suspensions are better for heavier riders. What would be good products to look at?

What weight coil do you have on it? You could try getting a higher weighted coil. (I don't ride full sus bikes, just picked up this info from lurking for a couple months..)

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 1:22 Quote
i have the same problem hey :/

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 2:29 Quote
All you need is a heavier weight spring , what sag are you getting right now with what weight spring ?

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
I have a fox 550X2.8 right now. Would getting a heavier spring increase the responsiveness of the rear suspension.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
I was having issues getting the right spring rate on my Roco R coil shock earlier this year. After some playing with it I decided to go to an air shock (roco world cup) and it felt really good. I weigh the same as you and it was nice being able to easily adjust the air pressure to get the right feel to the bike. I have only had one day of riding on teh air shock before the season ended here but by the end of the day I had it feeling better than the coil ever did.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 10:11 Quote
I have always had a similar problem, being 6'2 and 240lbs. A stiffer coil will do the trick but I also made the change to an air shock on my Kona Entourage and love it. I like it because my weight fluctuates very easily and an air shock allows me to easily adjust based on my riding style for that day. I went with a CCDB Air CS and love it. It's also for sale if you happen to be looking for an 8.75 x 2.75. If so just PM me.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010835
Mobile Version of Website