anything to see here

PB Forum :: Downhill
anything to see here
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 1:31 Quote
at the end everything is solved, it cost a little but they fixed it.
Bike-components changed their warranty guy, and he done a good work.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 5:17 Quote
that's the last response:

I realy undersand this bad situation for you and I don´t think you did something wrong with the Boxxer.
But I also agree to Sram that this is not a fault of the fork. Maybe something happened to it, you didn´t noticed.
So in that way it is not the fault of Sram or of you. So why have Sram repair the fork for free? As I told you, all seals did not have any defect.
I think it is an good offer, Sram made, as it is the half of the normal price.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
A lititle grease IS normal mine always have a little grease after an oil change.
Your stantion wear IS NOT normal after a month.
I would continue to fight them on the fact you complained right away and they said it was fine so you continued to ride only to find out it wasn't fine.

Sorry for your .luck

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 12:38 Quote
thanks for the reply, they still don't want to change it, and only offer me the replace if i pay,

their response is that maybe i have a bad lucky and something made the dirt enter inside the fork while i was riding, the seals are good and it can't let enter the dirt inside, but they replaced it for new ones.

i hope they fix it.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 22:40 Quote
How much is the replacement?
Very possible you did have bad luck but I'd. Equate that to bad luck with the product not bad luck on your part but if you have extended every Avenue of compliant you basically forced to buy replacement or walk away.
If it was me if replacement was over 1//2 retail and less than what I cold fetch for used I'd say f*ck them. If your can get more used than replacement cost I'd go for it and try and. Recoupe some money back if it's less I'd walk away and never buy another sram product and make sure my story was all over the Internet.

Signed a guy who rides an avalanche boxxer

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 22:47 Quote
How are you trying to warranty it? Sram shouldnt even be questioning that.

Are you doing it through a shop? I've seen sram take care of much less severe wear with a new fork; but you have to go through a shop and get them to contact sram directly.

It could be that whoever is in charge of warranty in Spain is being stupid about it. In which case I'd suggest calling SRAM in the US. They have the phone number for their world headquarters on their website. If you do contact SRAM directly, I would suggest trying to take some really good pictures so they can really see the issue.

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 at 3:54 Quote
Nobble wrote:
How are you trying to warranty it? Sram shouldnt even be questioning that.

Are you doing it through a shop? I've seen sram take care of much less severe wear with a new fork; but you have to go through a shop and get them to contact sram directly.

It could be that whoever is in charge of warranty in Spain is being stupid about it. In which case I'd suggest calling SRAM in the US. They have the phone number for their world headquarters on their website. If you do contact SRAM directly, I would suggest trying to take some really good pictures so they can really see the issue.

Hello, the warranty is from Germany, Is it posible to speak in spanish with them? i want to call them but i think that we wont understand each other.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
the last response from Bike-Components

First,
I know the two year warranty, but not every case that happens in this two years must be covered by warranty.
The marks on your stanchion are a result of much dirt inside the fork, as the dust sealss are absolutely ok ( as SRAM has checked and seen on your own pictures ). So there is no manufacturing defect.
Second,
the only way to get so much dirt inside of the Boxxer without external influences, would be a defective dust seal.
As you have written “since the first day the dust seal was leaking grease” . In that case it would have been necessary to return the fork immediately to our company for an exchange or a repair of these dust seals by warranty.
But in fact you drove this fork several times. So the marks on the stanchions are definitely no warranty case.

SRAM and bike-components.de made you an good offer, you don´t want to accept.
So we have to return you your Boxxer to our relief.

and they sent the fork to me without any change, and when they know that said that i want it fixed.
With who i'm speaking? OMG, hos is sit posible this response? tomorroy i'm gonna call and i'm gonna denunce them.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
taz46 wrote:
the last response from Bike-Components

First,
I know the two year warranty, but not every case that happens in this two years must be covered by warranty.
The marks on your stanchion are a result of much dirt inside the fork, as the dust sealss are absolutely ok ( as SRAM has checked and seen on your own pictures ). So there is no manufacturing defect.
Second,
the only way to get so much dirt inside of the Boxxer without external influences, would be a defective dust seal.
As you have written “since the first day the dust seal was leaking grease” . In that case it would have been necessary to return the fork immediately to our company for an exchange or a repair of these dust seals by warranty.
But in fact you drove this fork several times. So the marks on the stanchions are definitely no warranty case.

SRAM and bike-components.de made you an good offer, you don´t want to accept.
So we have to return you your Boxxer to our relief.

and they sent the fork to me without any change, and when they know that said that i want it fixed.
With who i'm speaking? OMG, hos is sit posible this response? tomorroy i'm gonna call and i'm gonna denunce them.
they're full of shit, $100 says that damage is from a bad bushing. Have you tried getting a shop to do the warranty for you? If not, go show it to the best local shop and see what they say about the damage.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 16:45 Quote
The last picture screams badly fitted bushings to me! The seals wouldn't wear the coating off that fast, even if they were packed with mud! The only time you ever see wear like that is from badly worn or badly fitted bushings. As they are brand new, I'd tend to go with the latter. Keep trying and good luck!

Oh and I agree with nobble, they are indeed full of shit.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
it's just unfortunate that it's in europe so it's not directly dealing with SRAM. In the states he'd have a new fork within a week or so.

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 8:32 Quote
Thisis why I just don't buy RS anymore enough was enough and yes it could potentially happen to sny producer of forks but RS really have a lot to learn when it comes to QC !

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
i called Sram Europe, Rockshox Schweinfurt and Bike-Components,

let's see their response.

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 19:47 Quote
That's some bullsh*t. Sram needs to get their warranty sh*t straight over in Europe.

Here ('murca) we have had much less major things completely replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 18:55 Quote
Nothing is wrong with your fork.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013491
Mobile Version of Website