Solid Strike owners club

PB Forum :: Other
Solid Strike owners club
Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 22:40 Quote
I haven't seen anyone of us buying a Strike be anything but happy. If it's worth the money or not will only be possible for you to decide. Don't fret about the Reverse components is all I can say. They are really nice, but not as pimped out or highly marketed as some other brands. You buy performance, not hype, with them.

I think it comes down to the shape that the bike is in and how hard the previous owner has ridden it, plus ofc how much money you want to sink into riding DH if you are used to AM. I'm assuming you'd be ok to continue riding your slightly smaller AM bike for AM riding?

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 0:36 Quote
Pretty good nic, and I will likely try get a bigger bike if anyway. The main downside I see, is not being able to pedal to the trails. Granted it is a DH bike, how well does it pedal? Not looking to set a world record rather just cruise to the trails.

Also I should mention that the price is in nzd

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 2:22 Quote
I have done quite a bit of pedalling with the strike. If you put a long enough seatpost on it, it puts you in a very comfortable pedalling position and thanks to the straight seattube it can still be slammed all the was down for dh. The only limiting factor is your cassette range on a dh bike, but there are much worse bikes out there in terms of geometry for what you are describing.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 6:29 Quote
Is anyone running their strike with no chain guide and just a narrow wide chainring? I broke my chain guide in France and took it off when I got home to just run without one, for someone who runs no chain guide how many links do you have in your chain?

Chris.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
Has anyone seen/heard anything about a new 2017 Strike possibly Carbon Fibre?

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
I emailed them on the 27th of July, got an answer pretty much straight away (as always), saying the 2017 bikes would be in stock "in the next 2-3 weeks".
Still waiting impatiently...

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 13:04 Quote
fabdemaere wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
I emailed them on the 27th of July, got an answer pretty much straight away (as always), saying the 2017 bikes would be in stock "in the next 2-3 weeks".
Still waiting impatiently...
Same. Just wondered if anyone seen one. Looking to get one but the weak £ doesn't help!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 14:08 Quote
Hi guys ,

Sorry you've been waiting . Full details will be released this week but you can expect to be able to order the new Strike by the end of August and delivery by mid/end September. Hang in there I'm sure you'll think it's worth the wait !

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
solidbikes wrote:
Hi guys ,

Sorry you've been waiting . Full details will be released this week but you can expect to be able to order the new Strike by the end of August and delivery by mid September. Hang in there I'm sure you'll think it's worth the wait !
Fantastic news. Any details you can let slip now? Like price? Carbon? Colours? Etc.

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
Hi guys,

We can't let too much slip at the moment as all will be revealed in full this week! If you check our Instagram/Facebook page there is a shot which might give you a clue .....

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
New 2017 Strike EVO

http://prime-mountainbiking.de/das-neue-solid-strike-evo-2017-pid9982/

Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
New 2017 Strike EVO

http://prime-mountainbiking.de/das-neue-solid-strike-evo-2017-pid9982/

Thoughts?

Love it, but I won't sell my old Strike to buy one. It'll be interesting to see if there are geo changes also, or if it's mostly components. I particularly like the 'no carbon' approach Big Grin

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 10:06 Quote
Hi guys,

First English press release for you guys-

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/solidbikes/blog/metal-is-back-solid-strike-evo-2017.html

Hope you like what we have produced for 2017, any questions and feedback is welcome!

Cheers,

Solid Bikes

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
solidbikes wrote:
Hi guys,

First English press release for you guys-

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/solidbikes/blog/metal-is-back-solid-strike-evo-2017.html

Hope you like what we have produced for 2017, any questions and feedback is welcome!

Cheers,

Solid Bikes
Love the fact that it is aluminium, very glad to hear that there are no geometry changes, fox shocks are great!

Honestly not keen on the colours, I like the black and silver but I prefer 2 colours only (2015 blackstar yellow and black) IF I buy one I would change the fork decals, seat, bars etc to black/silver, not a major issue. The real problem is the price 4599E with poor exchange rate is about £4000, I simply cant afford that at the minute. I know it is great value and even undercuts the Canyon Sender but it is still an issue.

Still think it is a great bike though. Good luck with 2017.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 14:19 Quote
Thanks for the honest feedback . For us aluminium is still the optimum material for DH riding. We can have stiffness, strength and reliability with a weight that matches most carbon competitors. We know what real world DH riding is like and people treat their bikes hard at times, so aluminium is a material we can trust to work season on season.

We were blown away with the performance of the Float X2, it compliments the progressive design of the Strike incredibly well . In testing in Pila it performed amazingly well , even without volume spacers which people commonly use on the X2.

Price wise, we hope the £ improves for all you UK guys to get an even better deal! Currently approx ~£3900 for the Factory model, we think our price is pretty much bang on for the money and has a spec that rides unbelievably well.

The new paint jobs certainly stand out more than the 2015 models! They look awesome in the flesh, the Black and Silver still remains quite understated and the Blue is a bit brighter and more eye catching . If anyone can make it to Eurobike we will have the Factory and BPS models there for you to look at, we always welcome people to come and talk about the bikes,design and setup .

Cheers,

Solid Bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008409
Mobile Version of Website