Solid Strike owners club

PB Forum :: Other
Solid Strike owners club
Author Message
Posted: Aug 30, 2016 at 12:45 Quote
I bought a Tues and all I have to say is, I'm disappointed. I saved 3 years for that thing since I have no job, and actually made me sad when I realised it isn't that good. Solid have caught my attention and this has a good chance of being my next frame. Honestly can't wait.

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 11:05 Quote
hello brought a strike absolutly love the thing
just one question, i have the reverse wheel set that it comes with, the one flaw with it is the cassette it indevidual cogs so the free hub has some serous dents apperaing ,does anyone know of a freehub body that i can replace it with as i cant find any spares for it cheers

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
how exactly are you getting dents in your freehub body????

Georgecookie wrote:
hello brought a strike absolutly love the thing
just one question, i have the reverse wheel set that it comes with, the one flaw with it is the cassette it indevidual cogs so the free hub has some serous dents apperaing ,does anyone know of a freehub body that i can replace it with as i cant find any spares for it cheers

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 3:56 Quote
chris-pagan wrote:
how exactly are you getting dents in your freehub body????

Georgecookie wrote:
hello brought a strike absolutly love the thing
just one question, i have the reverse wheel set that it comes with, the one flaw with it is the cassette it indevidual cogs so the free hub has some serous dents apperaing ,does anyone know of a freehub body that i can replace it with as i cant find any spares for it cheers

I reckon because the cogs are individual on the 7spd reverse cassette (some shipped with XO-DH but mine and others have the reverse) Sounds like a similar issue to the alloy Hope freehubs getting chewed. Makes it a nightmare to get the cassette off.

On the actual wheelset though, i have never been more impressed by an OEM set. Solid as f**k, haven't seen any damage to the freehub on mine.

It looks like they don't list the body in their hub spares so you will have to contact them

http://shop.reverse-components.com/en/Hubs-spare-parts

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 10:36 Quote
yeah okay cheers the wheels are solid but shame the cassette isnt one block of metal would stop the problem straight away

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
Georgecookie wrote:
yeah okay cheers the wheels are solid but shame the cassette isnt one block of metal would stop the problem straight away

I don't know why it would affect you more than anyone else. Maybe you have Hulk legs and are smashing the power on too hard. lol

Posted: Oct 10, 2016 at 4:12 Quote
AntonOP wrote:
I bought a Tues and all I have to say is, I'm disappointed. I saved 3 years for that thing since I have no job, and actually made me sad when I realised it isn't that good. Solid have caught my attention and this has a good chance of being my next frame. Honestly can't wait.

I came off a 2012 Tues LTD, the solid is in another league. You will not be dissapointed, nor will you have any trouble selling the tues as the whole MTB press believe the sun shines out of YT's backside Big Grin

Posted: Oct 10, 2016 at 4:19 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Georgecookie wrote:
yeah okay cheers the wheels are solid but shame the cassette isnt one block of metal would stop the problem straight away

I don't know why it would affect you more than anyone else. Maybe you have Hulk legs and are smashing the power on too hard. lol

Can happen on slower, bigger drops where the pedal kick back is large yet the wheel isn't spinning fast enough to out accelerate it. if ya catch my meaning?

Last year in portugal my bros nukeproof hub suffered a similair fate, he pretty much lost a gear a day to just spinning on the freehub body. I've had a similair issue with a shimano 105 road cassette on an alloy hope body before. I managed to clamp the cassette in a drill press, then drill and pin the whole thing together before it shredded completely.

I'm sure if you speak to solid they will try their best to help you out, after all, reliability is one of their main aims. tup

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 7:22 Quote
For the next two weeks we've got some incredible X-mas offers available, on both bikes and frames- check them out!

http://solidbikes.de/en/index

Cheers,

Solid Bikes

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
Hi all, new Strike owner here. And fairly new to Pinkbike, first post Smile I am building my very first bike and since I wanted a downhill bike I bought a frame before xmas. Gonna be a slow build but if there is interest from you guys I will post here along the way, probably with a bunch questions. Hopefully I will be able to do some runs at the end of the summer, lets see how it goes Smile

Got the wrong shock at first but Peter&co at Solid took care of it without any problems so now I have DHX2 on it. Great service Smile

Gonna build me a dh sled this year Frame is a Solid Strike. Only other part I have so far is a DHX2 in the rear. Gonna be a slow but fun build

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 5:57 Quote
Hello i could do with some new bearings for my strike frame where is the best place to get them ?

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
Ebay. Take the bearing codes off the solid website. Remeber to pack them out with grease before fitting.

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
cheers mate thank you

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 4:21 Quote
Georgecookie wrote:
cheers mate thank you

Dont go to ebay, go onto https://www.kugellager-express.de/ and order these...

Sold Strike Bearings

bearing Wink in mind haha that this is for two full sets of bearings, i ordered two sets just to have a spare set.

found out it works out about £35 for a full bearing set, rather as about £60+ on ebay, as the bearing you need the most of are the most expensive ones.

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 4:30 Quote
cheers chris will defo have a look at that
Salute


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012677
Mobile Version of Website