The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
Hi all. I have just got a megneg to put on my 2019 slash 8. It has the RS Deluxe. I ride a Medium and weigh 67kg. I'm about to go through the set up and wondering what settings others have used in terms of pressure, spacers, and then rings on the megneg. I know we're all different but looking for a starting baseline. I tend to ride Rotorua flowy roots type trails
TIA

I am a bit heavier than you (83 kg i think) but i run 2 bands, no tokens in the thrushaft deluxe. I moved up from 210psi to about 250psi. Start with 2 bands, no tokens and go up about 20% in psi and go from there. I tried other configurations as well.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:25 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
Hi all. I have just got a megneg to put on my 2019 slash 8. It has the RS Deluxe. I ride a Medium and weigh 67kg. I'm about to go through the set up and wondering what settings others have used in terms of pressure, spacers, and then rings on the megneg. I know we're all different but looking for a starting baseline. I tend to ride Rotorua flowy roots type trails
TIA

I'm 10kg heavier and run 2 bands. You can probably get away with 1. No tokens on the inside.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Thx!
Now the thing is the trek is a 230x62.5 wich is not a "normal" size atleast its not a size i can find on the FOX X2 DHX2 or RS Super deluxe Coil
They make 230x60 or 230x65 , and since trek says u can´t overstroke ur shock (hits seattube if im not mistaken)
the only possibility is going 230x60 and losing some travel.
Am i right or am i lost in the middle of something?

There's a travel limiter you can replace to reduce the stroke by 2.5mm. Look for the 233-00-38x part numbers: https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1024

TY so much , you are a life saver. I was almost settling for a 230x60 and losing a bit of travel.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
I've found Trek's suspension setup guidance to be an excellent starting point. Ride, take a shock pump, add or subtract air, twist knobs, ride some more. Smile
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/mountain_buyers_guide/suspension_setup/

timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
TIA

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
https://suspension.trekbikes.com/nz/en#calculator
With megneg add 20% more air pressure and a couple clicks more rebound damping to this calculators results.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
Check all your bearings wheel hubs and retorque all bolts and driveline parts

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Slash 2021 as a mullet on high position with mino link?
Would it work?
Toughts?

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 17:07 Quote
Trek said in the trek section of pinkbike that bike wasnt designed for it at all and will void all warranty

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Would it work?
Toughts?
Mullet a 2019 trek slash 8 regularly. Works fine.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 22:04 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Visit your LBS.
MartyCB wrote:
Looking for some advice.
Knock block has failed on my 2020 Slash 9.8, fork has hit the downtube and damaged the frame, it went through the rubber protection. I'm the original owner.
Has this happened to anyone else?
How did Trek respond?

Thanks!

Not a warranty, crash replacement is 20-25% off a frame or bike from what I've seen.

How the f777 did your knock block 'fail'? What does the rest of the bike look like?

I didn't even notice until i was cleaning the bike, could have happened weeks before. Rest of the bike is fine.
I've had close to 20 people report similar experiences, knock block broke resulting in damaged frame... seems like a design flaw to me. Yes people say you have to have had a huge crash... not the case it would appear.
Lucky for me i have bike specific insurance and they have been helpful in offering a replacement.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 22:11 Quote
MartyCB wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Visit your LBS.

Not a warranty, crash replacement is 20-25% off a frame or bike from what I've seen.

How the f777 did your knock block 'fail'? What does the rest of the bike look like?

I didn't even notice until i was cleaning the bike, could have happened weeks before. Rest of the bike is fine.
I've had close to 20 people report similar experiences, knock block broke resulting in damaged frame... seems like a design flaw to me. Yes people say you have to have had a huge crash... not the case it would appear.
Lucky for me i have bike specific insurance and they have been helpful in offering a replacement.
how did you know of this damage under the frame guard which is designed to protect the frame from the fork when the knockblock fails?

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 9:20 Quote
richwales wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Would it work?
Toughts?

Could you post a photo ? What size of tire have you been able to use ?

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
richwales wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Would it work?
Toughts?

"Fine" Rando on the internet.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
Need some advice. Im getting new bike. Options are 2021 remedy/slash 8’s.

I am currently riding fuel ex 8. It feels good but sometimes i feel like i need more travel.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
machunurin wrote:
Need some advice. Im getting new bike. Options are 2021 remedy/slash 8’s.

I am currently riding fuel ex 8. It feels good but sometimes i feel like i need more travel.

Going to need a lot more info from you. Both bikes are good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006744
Mobile Version of Website