The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
Hi all. I have just got a megneg to put on my 2019 slash 8. It has the RS Deluxe. I ride a Medium and weigh 67kg. I'm about to go through the set up and wondering what settings others have used in terms of pressure, spacers, and then rings on the megneg. I know we're all different but looking for a starting baseline. I tend to ride Rotorua flowy roots type trails
TIA

I am a bit heavier than you (83 kg i think) but i run 2 bands, no tokens in the thrushaft deluxe. I moved up from 210psi to about 250psi. Start with 2 bands, no tokens and go up about 20% in psi and go from there. I tried other configurations as well.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:25 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
Hi all. I have just got a megneg to put on my 2019 slash 8. It has the RS Deluxe. I ride a Medium and weigh 67kg. I'm about to go through the set up and wondering what settings others have used in terms of pressure, spacers, and then rings on the megneg. I know we're all different but looking for a starting baseline. I tend to ride Rotorua flowy roots type trails
TIA

I'm 10kg heavier and run 2 bands. You can probably get away with 1. No tokens on the inside.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Thx!
Now the thing is the trek is a 230x62.5 wich is not a "normal" size atleast its not a size i can find on the FOX X2 DHX2 or RS Super deluxe Coil
They make 230x60 or 230x65 , and since trek says u canĀ“t overstroke ur shock (hits seattube if im not mistaken)
the only possibility is going 230x60 and losing some travel.
Am i right or am i lost in the middle of something?

There's a travel limiter you can replace to reduce the stroke by 2.5mm. Look for the 233-00-38x part numbers: https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1024

TY so much , you are a life saver. I was almost settling for a 230x60 and losing a bit of travel.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
I've found Trek's suspension setup guidance to be an excellent starting point. Ride, take a shock pump, add or subtract air, twist knobs, ride some more. Smile
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/mountain_buyers_guide/suspension_setup/

timcampbell23 wrote:
Megneg settings
TIA

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
https://suspension.trekbikes.com/nz/en#calculator
With megneg add 20% more air pressure and a couple clicks more rebound damping to this calculators results.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Check all your bearings wheel hubs and retorque all bolts and driveline parts

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Slash 2021 as a mullet on high position with mino link?
Would it work?
Toughts?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Trek said in the trek section of pinkbike that bike wasnt designed for it at all and will void all warranty

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Slash 2021 as a mullet on high position with mino link?
Would it work?
Toughts?
Mullet a 2019 trek slash 8 regularly. Works fine.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005617
Mobile Version of Website