The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
machunurin wrote:
Need some advice. Im getting new bike. Options are 2021 remedy/slash 8’s.

I am currently riding fuel ex 8. It feels good but sometimes i feel like i need more travel.
If you like the way the bike rolls and turns keep the wagon wheels and get the slash
If you want more pop or if your current bike feels too long go for the remedy

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
cactuspunch wrote:
machunurin wrote:
Need some advice. Im getting new bike. Options are 2021 remedy/slash 8’s.

I am currently riding fuel ex 8. It feels good but sometimes i feel like i need more travel.
If you like the way the bike rolls and turns keep the wagon wheels and get the slash
If you want more pop or if your current bike feels too long go for the remedy

My current bike which is the fuel ex 27.5+ feels perfect. A im thinking about switching to a 29er but i am not sure if i will feel too stretch on the new slash.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
So it depends on your preferences for riding, do you like jumping and playing while riding or just ripping as fast as possibl? As a former 29r rider, i'll sum it up like this:

29 = faster
27.5 = more fun

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
nicolo38 wrote:
richwales wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Slash 2021 as a mullet on high position with mino link?
Would it work?
Toughts?
Mullet a 2019 trek slash 8 regularly. Works fine.

Could you post a photo ? What size of tire have you been able to use ?
Hi mate the tyre was a 2.4 minion dhr2 on 30mm flow 27.5 in high setting.
Bottom bracket dropped about 10mm. Climbing, the smaller rear wheel felt like it needed more pedalling and consequently felt less efficient. Pedal strikes were increased, but not excessive. It climbed “fine” - it didn’t feel like a penny farthing, front end didn’t suddenly become uncontrollable just rode ok, nothing you couldn’t live with, just not as efficient as 29er.

Going down it rides exactly as you’d think - more room at the rear, less tyre buzz and for me, more confidence on jumps or drops. Cornering felt quicker being able to lay the bike over with less effort. Feel more like you’re steering with the back wheel. You can dance about a bit more with back end compared to 29er. Over steering almost! I switch between the two. Steeper DH dedicated tracks (lots of jumps and drops) with fireroad climbs or uplifts I tend to use mullet. Less steep rides requiring more pace - i go with 29er.
Find a mate with a boost 27.5 rear wheel and try it - you may hate it, or like me, welcome the versatility. It’s a simple experiment.

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
richwales wrote:
OlaGeladosDH wrote:
Slash 2021 as a mullet on high position with mino link?
Would it work?
Toughts?

"Fine" Rando on the internet.
I do it too on a 2017 and it works good

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
bikeman5 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
richwales wrote:

"Fine" Rando on the internet.
I do it too on a 2017 and it works good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKbZuOkIQ8

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:44 Quote
Does anyone have any setup advice for the Float X2 on a 2017-2020 Slash? Just put one on my 2019 9.8 and I'm trying to get it dialed in. It was full of spacers but that definitely seems like too much after a short ride. Took 2 out (now at 3/5) and am going to try that.

Anyone have some experience with this?

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:47 Quote
not so much for the X2 itself but personally i've liked my shock have as little pressure as i can get away with and make it up with spacers to stop it bottoming hard. all my slashes have ridden and felt great in the rear

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:09 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Does anyone have any setup advice for the Float X2 on a 2017-2020 Slash? Just put one on my 2019 9.8 and I'm trying to get it dialed in. It was full of spacers but that definitely seems like too much after a short ride. Took 2 out (now at 3/5) and am going to try that.

30% sag at 190 psi
4/5 tockens (should be 5/5 for park and 3/5 for wet trails so i went in the middle of both)

lsr 10
hsr 12
lsc 8
hsc 4

clicks from OPEN.
some more klicks of hsc for jumplines

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:

What is your weight ? What year is the X2 ?

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
xetal wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I'm about 183 without gear. Shock is a 2020. Local trail is super techy, steep chunk now (Shepherd Mtn. Bike Park in Missouri where we will be hosting BME round 1 next year Smile )

Decent but not huge drops and smooth jumps. The premium is definitely on traction and carrying speed more than pumping flow lines.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
The bike in question Smile

Slash 9.8 float x2

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
xetal wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I'm about 183 without gear. Shock is a 2020. Local trail is super techy, steep chunk now (Shepherd Mtn. Bike Park in Missouri where we will be hosting BME round 1 next year Smile )

Decent but not huge drops and smooth jumps. The premium is definitely on traction and carrying speed more than pumping flow lines.

Add all 5 volume reducers IMO. Drop abit of air pressure and get better small bumps. Open LSC and HSC. Dial rebound and go ride.

Add compression as needed.

I am 220lbs and at 240psi 5/5 spacers, LSC Open and HSC 19 clicks from closed.

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
Hey guys , thinking about swapping my shock from my 2021 slash 7 to a coil but having trouble finding a 230x62.5-
There is super deluxe coil 230x62.5 but they always out of stock.
Is there anyway you can buy a 230x65 and reduce the stroke by 2.5mm(somehow , idk if its possible) or do i just have to buy a 230x60 and lose a bit of travel?

Cheers

Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
why not try if 230/65 fits. compress your shock to the and and put one of the shock bolts out of the frame and try to lower it 2,5mm more...
i was running 60mm instead of 57,5 on remedys and slashes for years

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012031
Mobile Version of Website