The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
cactuspunch wrote:
yetiboyjay wrote:
cactuspunch wrote:

Check out offsetbushings.com and they should be able to help you fit the slightly longer stroke 230x65 that's a more common size in oem shocks. You will probably need eyelet hardware for both the top and bottom of the new shock; unless your new shock is truncheon mount then you will just need bottom eyelet hardware.
You'll also need shock axles for the eyelet ends you end up purchasing frame hardware for. Like these (https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-rear-suspension/trek-shock-mount-bolt-kit/p/32320/?colorCode=black) though I'm unsure what your exact specs will be

You do realise that offset bushes will do nothing to change the stroke of the shock? All you can do is effectively extend the E2E of the shock to reduce the changes of frame contact on bottom out...but that will steepen the HA. Who wants that?!

Yep but the offset is to shorten not extend the shock
From what I understand getting the OEM stroke of 62.5 is a little involved so I recommend talking to offsetbushings.com as they have experience with replacing odd OEM shocks with aftermarket ones by using custom hardware.

Completely wrong.

Altering stroke is simple - particularly on a coil.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
drewe wrote:
I have a 2019 Trek Slash 8.

I am looing for two things:
1. An exploded bike diagram with parts numbers listed or...
2. If that is unavailable then I need the parts number for the rear chainstay pivot bearings? In fact all of the bearings would be great.

I am feeling like my bike is falling apart. The rear wheel feels loose.

I have taken it to my local Trek. They report that they will not have all the parts in until March, 2021.

pop one out or disassemble until you can read the numbers on the bearing seal, check if available at your local bearing shop or hit up enduro bearings n see if they have a match

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 2:38 Quote
drewe wrote:
I have a 2019 Trek Slash 8.

I am looing for two things:
1. An exploded bike diagram with parts numbers listed or...
2. If that is unavailable then I need the parts number for the rear chainstay pivot bearings? In fact all of the bearings would be great.

I am feeling like my bike is falling apart. The rear wheel feels loose.

I have taken it to my local Trek. They report that they will not have all the parts in until March, 2021.

Here you go.
https://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_31&products_id=1427

I got the same set last month, it has everything minus headset bearings (got those from wolftooth, they make knock-block bearings as well as the lower headtube bearing).

If you cant get it from them:

Rocker to Seatstay Pivot Bearing - 10 x 19 x 8mm (quantity of 2)

Rocker to Seattube Pivot Bearing - 12x21x8mm Double Row (quantity of 2)

Rocker to Shock / Main to Shock Pivot Bearing - 10x19x5mm (quantity of 4)

Main Pivot Axle Bearing - 17x26x10mm Double Row (quantity of 2)

ABP Convert Bearing - 17x28x6mm (quantity of 2)

(from https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=211688 )

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
Can't find info about OneUp dropper 210 mm (or reduced to 200, 190) in Large Slash 2018... anyone tried it? How far it goes into seat tube?

With stock 150 Drop Line it sticks too much for steepest DH runs, when I drop it as far down as I can I feel comfortable but I lack lenght for pedaling when post is extended. Dunno what should be best compromise, OneUp 180, 210 or some 3rd option?

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
Raxik wrote:
Can't find info about OneUp dropper 210 mm (or reduced to 200, 190) in Large Slash 2018... anyone tried it? How far it goes into seat tube?

With stock 150 Drop Line it sticks too much for steepest DH runs, when I drop it as far down as I can I feel comfortable but I lack lenght for pedaling when post is extended. Dunno what should be best compromise, OneUp 180, 210 or some 3rd option?

Thanks.

use a tape measure an measure the insert depth of the tube, then look at one ups 180mm dropper.. should nearly if not slam all the way, my 210 "nearly" slams in the 2021 model.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
Problem is my stock Drop Line sticks 8 cm to bottom of collar when it's in optimal riding position.

That means if I had 210 travel, it would be perfectly fine, but IF the insertion point would be around 270mm as Drop Line 150 has it.

However I believe 210 insertion point is somewhat longer.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
Raxik wrote:

Thanks.
Heyhey my oneup 210 goes about 215mm into the frame before the cable and v2 actuator start to interfere with the main pivot and turns the post a hard 30* before settling about another cm lower.

I had the 150mm Bonti dropper before and had about 14-15cm (from seatclamp to bottom of the sealhead) of exposed post to have the desired saddle height for pedaling and found the 210 a great upgrade with about 8cm of exposed post

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
cactuspunch wrote:
Raxik wrote:

Thanks.
Heyhey my oneup 210 goes about 215mm into the frame before the cable and v2 actuator start to interfere with the main pivot and turns the post a hard 30* before settling about another cm lower.

I had the 150mm Bonti dropper before and had about 14-15cm (from seatclamp to bottom of the sealhead) of exposed post to have the desired saddle height for pedaling and found the 210 a great upgrade with about 8cm of exposed post

On my 19.5 9.8 (2019) the v2 actuator with a 150mm post would fully slam. I put on the v2.1 actuator and it wouldn't. I don't actually need it to as that would be too low. The v2 actuator is good if you put a little slick suspension grease down around the mechanism to smooth it out a little. The insertion depth of the bonty dropper is about 30mm more than the oneup in the same length with a v2.1 actuator. Unfortuantely, I don't think I could get a 180mm oneup low enough for it to be a benefit.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
Hey anyone know mounting hardware size in the 2021 slash 7?
Upper shock eye and lower shock eye (example M8X30)?

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
I just put the Zeb Ultimate on my 2020 Slash 8. Now I'm looking to upgrade my rear shock, to dump the Re:Active. Any recommendations?

My current shock is a trunion mounted Rockshox Delux RT3, DebonAir, Re:Active Thru Shaft 230x57.5mm. The hard part seems to be finding shocks that have that Trunion mount. I don't see the Cane Creek Kitsuma available with the trunion 230x57.5. Have not researched Fox too much. Push seems pretty pricey, and I don't see a trunion mount as an option.

Thank you.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
I'm looking at replacing the shock on my 2020 slash 8 with a super deluxe from a 2021 remedy as I've been offered one at a good price. Will this fit?
Both are 230x57.5 but one is trunnion and one is regular

Any info will be much appreciated

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
Dustysdawg wrote:
I just put the Zeb Ultimate on my 2020 Slash 8. Now I'm looking to upgrade my rear shock, to dump the Re:Active. Any recommendations?

My current shock is a trunion mounted Rockshox Delux RT3, DebonAir, Re:Active Thru Shaft 230x57.5mm. The hard part seems to be finding shocks that have that Trunion mount. I don't see the Cane Creek Kitsuma available with the trunion 230x57.5. Have not researched Fox too much. Push seems pretty pricey, and I don't see a trunion mount as an option.

Thank you.

i have the super deluxe ultimate thru shaft on my 2021 slash 8 and i love it. its amazing and responds so quick and well. you could try that out but it is on the expensive side for an air shock

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
Dustysdawg wrote:

Thank you.

i have the super deluxe ultimate thru shaft on my 2021 slash 8 and i love it. its amazing and responds so quick and well. you could try that out but it is on the expensive side for an air shock

The 2021 trek shock on the slash is not going to fit on the 2020

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
timotheysski wrote:
Dustysdawg wrote:

Thank you.

The 2021 trek shock on the slash is not going to fit on the 2020

damn...

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
SHOCK OPTIONS...

I’ve got a ‘17 RSD Slash, which came stock with the X2 Air. The bike is epic but I keep seeing more with coil shocks. I expect mine is due a service as well. So, do I...

A) Swap it out for a Ohlins Coil (or air to match my Ohlins fork).

B) Have a mine serviced and tuned (I’d like to squeeze 60mm stroke out of it, maybe 62.5. I have an XL frame)

C) Go for something different, if so. What?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006052
Mobile Version of Website