The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: May 22, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
anyone running their slash as a mullet?

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
braysteph23 wrote:

remedy is due an update Wink
Fyi go up a size in the remedy and mullet it with a 29er fork... i've been using mine alot...

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
Dougal-SC wrote:
MattVetter wrote:
2020 Slash 8 rear shock upgrade

Hey everyone, after damaging 2 rear wheels on my slash I decided to try a new shock and picked up a rockshox super deluxe ultimate air shock 230x57.5 truunion mount and standard bottom mount and I am wondering what hardware I need to fit it to my 2020 slash 8? Thanks in advance!

I do adapter pins to fit 230mm eyelet shocks in place of the Reaktiv shocks: https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/rear-shocks/shock-conversions/deaktiv

What bike is yours off to have a Trunnion top and 230mm length? Most Trunnion 57.5mm stroke would be 205mm eye-eye length.

Hey I actually ended up ordering hardware from you before I even saw this haha just waiting on it now! I am unsure what bike it came off I bought it from fb marketplace but it is stamped 230x57.5 on it!

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
braysteph23 wrote:

I do, sometimes in summer with a 27.5*2.8 at the rear.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Does anybody know when the 2022 slashes come out asking for a friend .

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
freshd1rt wrote:
Does anybody know when the 2022 slashes come out asking for a friend .

2021 is the same as 2022 except for colors, so they're technically "out."

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
Hi I know this is a much asked question, but I want to know how close you can get to slamming a 150mm Oneup dropper on a MEDIUM Slash 8 2019/20. It seems all the other discussion is around large and extra large frames. Has anyone got one on their medium?

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
MattP8306 wrote:
Threw a 2021 X2 on my 2019 Slash 9.7 recently. Anyone know how many spacers come preinstalled from Fox on a 2021 Float X2 230x57.5? Bottom hardware is preventing me from getting the air sleeve off beyond the top two volume spacer slots. Before I pull my bottom hardware, figured I’d check here. Tried calling Fox and they could not give me a confident answer. Appreciate the info if anyone knows it.

Ended up pulling my bottom hardware, so here's the answer for anyone who might need it. 2021 X2 comes with zero volume spacers installed. I suggest throwing two spacers into the bottom slot from the get go and it'll save you from having to pull your bottom hardware later if you need >2 spacers. Top spacer slot accessible with the shock installed on frame, and top two spacer slots accessible by uninstalling the shock from the frame and without removing bottom hardware.

And also because I haven't seen setup for this frame + shock combo after searching PB, here are my settings for a 2021 Float X2 installed on a 2019 Slash 9.7. Feeling pretty dialed at this point but I keep going through travel a little easier than I'd like, so hoping the third spacer I installed today helps.

~190lbs
220psi
(Clicks are CCW from full closed)
LSC - 6
HSC - 7
LSR - 6
HSR - 6
3 spacers (Again, haven't ridden this qty spacers yet. Previously riding two spacers.)

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
Hey guys I've had an issue with my 2020 trek slash where if I tighten the rear suspension pivots to the specified nm on the bolts it stiffens up and my rear shock is super stiff even with less air in it

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
MattP8306 wrote:
MattP8306 wrote:
Threw a 2021 X2 on my 2019 Slash 9.7 recently. Anyone know how many spacers come preinstalled from Fox on a 2021 Float X2 230x57.5? Bottom hardware is preventing me from getting the air sleeve off beyond the top two volume spacer slots. Before I pull my bottom hardware, figured I’d check here. Tried calling Fox and they could not give me a confident answer. Appreciate the info if anyone knows it.

Ended up pulling my bottom hardware, so here's the answer for anyone who might need it. 2021 X2 comes with zero volume spacers installed. I suggest throwing two spacers into the bottom slot from the get go and it'll save you from having to pull your bottom hardware later if you need >2 spacers. Top spacer slot accessible with the shock installed on frame, and top two spacer slots accessible by uninstalling the shock from the frame and without removing bottom hardware.

And also because I haven't seen setup for this frame + shock combo after searching PB, here are my settings for a 2021 Float X2 installed on a 2019 Slash 9.7. Feeling pretty dialed at this point but I keep going through travel a little easier than I'd like, so hoping the third spacer I installed today helps.

~190lbs
220psi
(Clicks are CCW from full closed)
LSC - 6
HSC - 7
LSR - 6
HSR - 6
3 spacers (Again, haven't ridden this qty spacers yet. Previously riding two spacers.)

210lbs here with 2020 x2. Tried running 3/4/5 spacers. 3 feels plushest w/o frequent bottom out. I am also run the LSC/HSC pretty open. 2020 vs 2021 X2 are pretty different though.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Hi I know this is a much asked question, but I want to know how close you can get to slamming a 150mm Oneup dropper on a MEDIUM Slash 8 2019/20. It seems all the other discussion is around large and extra large frames. Has anyone got one on their medium?

Let me know if you have an answer on this one, I have the same issue on my M/L slash 8 2020. My guess is that it would be maybe almost (less than 1cm out) slammed at it max, but not sure about it.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
SchuylerJ wrote:
Hey guys I've had an issue with my 2020 trek slash where if I tighten the rear suspension pivots to the specified nm on the bolts it stiffens up and my rear shock is super stiff even with less air in it

A few suggestions off the top of my head:

-Check the bearings for resistance by hand
-Add a dab of grease on the face of the bearing (not where bolt threads go, that is for thread locker)
-Check your torque wrench calibration to make sure it's not off

-Mitch

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
timcampbell23 wrote:

Let me know if you have an answer on this one, I have the same issue on my M/L slash 8 2020. My guess is that it would be maybe almost (less than 1cm out) slammed at it max, but not sure about it.

It slams on my large 2020. Really a close call tho. Just stick in a measuring tape and you'll figure out easy how much your missing.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
Hey everyone

I have a 2020 slash 9.8 gx and have been having issues with the RockShox reactive shock. I put the lower mounting bolts in and thread them in clean, and then torque them down to the specific spec. Yet after a couple of trips to the park, the threads destroy themselves from the inside out. The threads on the bolts are fine but the threads on the inside of the trunnion mount get destroyed. How do I fix this problem? Also are there any suggestions on good air or coil shocks for my bike as I need to get this resolved in 2 weeks and if I cant figure it out I will just buy another shock before I go on a week-long bike trip. Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011987
Mobile Version of Website