The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 5:12 Quote
wbro1974 wrote:
jubs17 wrote:
You just need to get a shock that has the dimensions 230x62.5mm. Trunion or regular eyelet style will work for you (make sure you get the trunion bolts from Trek if you get a trunion shock). You do not need to get a thrushaft version (in fact, I recommend you don't).

Ok cool. Thanks a lot. Btw, why don’t you recommend thrushaft?

I've got exactly what you need, mounting hardware and everything.
You would just need to swap the internal spacer to get the right stroke length.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 2:23 Quote
Sorry as guessing this may have been asked a few times…..looking to get the Slash but at 5’8”/68kg and 32 inseam seems I am just into M/L. Have tried a L and it was big but ok can’t get to try an M or M/L. Seen couple of reviews saying size down. Any views?

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
L is way to big vor 172cm.
would choose the ML if. you like longer bikes or M if you like it a bit shorter.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
pAzk wrote:
would choose the ML if. you like longer bikes or M if you like it a bit shorter.
Yup looking at an M/L or M - Trek puts me just into M/L….

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
pAzk wrote:

this. I'm 178cm and M/L is spot on, I had a chance to do a lap on a Medium and it felt a bit small.

Btw has anyone managed to find Torque Caps that fit the stock Bontrager wheels?

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
M if you want a more playful bike, m/l if you want more of a plow bike. You are quite light too, m might be easier to handle? I’m 173cm myself but 90kg geared up. I ordered a medium and would be my preference for the terrain around where I live but there weren’t any shipped to Australia so I had to go the m/l. I haven’t ridden it yet as I’m overseas but my research n advise I was given sounds similar to yours.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
maddcow wrote:

We don't make any Torque Caps for our proprietary hubs and I'm not aware of any third-party that does either.

-Mitch

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
wbro1974 wrote:
Hey. Will almost certainly be buying a 2021 Slash 7. I will be upgrading the suspension straight away, but not sure which rear shock is compatible. I want a RS super deluxe ultimate, but would i have to get the thrushaft, and if so what size?

Thanks.

Already bought the RS Super Deluxe Ultimate and installed on my Slash 7
the difference from the stock shock is like day and night, really supple on small bumps
i got it with all the mounting hardwar, it's better buy the Thrusaft version

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
trek wrote:
maddcow wrote:

We don't make any Torque Caps for our proprietary hubs and I'm not aware of any third-party that does either.

-Mitch

photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
Anyone had problems with the clear coat lacquer going cloudy on their carbon slash.
Mine is starting to go grey including the rocker used to be black raw carbon.
Patches all over the bike even under the invisframe.
looks like the clear coat is starting to fail and go brittle.
I've only ever used bike safe cleaners etc no brake fluid spilt.
the last photo is when it was brand new and jet black.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
looks like UV or a chemical reaction

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
trek wrote:
maddcow wrote:

-Mitch

photo

Yes, it would be really nice if you did Smile According to PB Podcast 44 starting at 59:00 increasing the contact area between the fork and the hub is the single best thing you can do to increase stiffness.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
trek wrote:
maddcow wrote:

-Mitch

Hi Mitch
+1 on the Torque caps, plus’s a couple of mates

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
Hey Mitch
Sorry if it has been asked…. New bike so I’m a happy camper with a Slash 9.8, what are the colour codes for the Lithium Grey and the Candy Crimson accents? Thanks in advance Ralph

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
I have a 2020 Slash 8 with the standard Rockshox deluxe Re:Aktiv thru shaft + Megneg. Will it be worth it to upgrade to the newer Super deluxe thru shaft from a new Slash?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014310
Mobile Version of Website