The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 4:00 Quote
Piker72 wrote:
Joehbn wrote:
Re geo charts and reach on slash, you really can't go of the charts to real life feel, my M/L is 22mm shorter on effective reach than my hardtail and feels more like 100mm shorter, toyed with idea of putting a 50/60mm stem on it but after a few rides it's fine am use to it now.

Rockshox recommend settings on 2022 shock anyone else having to put well more pressure in to get your preffered sag position?

Make sure you are actually measuring the sag and not 100% relying on the markings. On my rs super deluxe ultimate, 19mm is 30% sag but when measured 19mm is right at the 35% marking.

Exact same experience here. Definately need to measure sag rather than going off the mark on the shock.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Looking at buying the new slash 8 to replace my remedy 8, but it comes with lyrics so I’m looking at changing the forks to the zeb ultimate likely the charger 2.1 damper as the charger 3 is a bit pricey atm,
But my question is do I go with the 180mm or 190mm travel?
Anyone tried this?
Thanks

have you calculated how will the geo change when you put a 190mm fork on a bike designed around a 170mm one?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Anyone know if the shock length/stroke/hardware has changed with the new model vs the previous model?

Have a fox dhx2 kicking around from my 2019

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
Hi everyone maybe someone can answer my question is the 230x65 rear shocks would fit on my 2021 trek slash 8 planing to upgrade my suspension to fox? Thank you in advance

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
Hey all, I have been riding my 2016 trek slash for over a year now and love it. I want to replace the old monarch rear shock with a float x2. There is a company that makes offset bushings specifically for the 2016 trek slash that shortens the eye- to eye enough to fit a 205x60 float x2. I wonder if the trek slash frame had enough clearance to fit the float x2? or if anyone had tried something similar.

Thanks for the info!

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
Hi, i wanna convert my Slash 7 2021 with a Rockshox Super deluxe coil. The problem is.. the shock Ive found is a standard fit and not a trunnion shock.. is it possible to fit a standard shock on my bike and does my hardware easy transfer over to the new coil or do i have to buy new one since my current shock is a standard eyelet Deluxe select+ ( not trunnion )

//Andreas

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
I don't think there is a manufacturer that makes a trunnion coil shock in that size (230×62.5). You have to purchase the pin to trunnion hardware from Trek and then the shock mounting hardware for the shock you're going to use.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
trocksmooth wrote:
I don't think there is a manufacturer that makes a trunnion coil shock in that size (230×62.5). You have to purchase the pin to trunnion hardware from Trek and then the shock mounting hardware for the shock you're going to use.

Yeah i know.. i need to fit a spacers on a 230x65.. but the question in hand is can i fit a standard shock on my bike or does it have to be a trunnion shock there has to be someone here that has a standard eyelet coil shock fitted to their 2021 slash 8 or 7

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
ANygren87 wrote:
Hi, i wanna convert my Slash 7 2021 with a Rockshox Super deluxe coil. The problem is.. the shock Ive found is a standard fit and not a trunnion shock.. is it possible to fit a standard shock on my bike and does my hardware easy transfer over to the new coil or do i have to buy new one since my current shock is a standard eyelet Deluxe select+ ( not trunnion )

//Andreas

The Slash 7 should have a standard fit? You can just exchange the shock if it is 230x62.5 standard fit coil. Also you might need new bushings if you cant remove them with ease from your old shock. If you wanted to go to trunnion you would need the mounting kit Trek is also offering for the models with the thrushaft. You could order it dirrctly via Trek.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
Msahr wrote:
ANygren87 wrote:

//Andreas

The Slash 7 should have a standard fit? You can just exchange the shock if it is 230x62.5 standard fit coil. Also you might need new bushings if you cant remove them with ease from your old shock. If you wanted to go to trunnion you would need the mounting kit Trek is also offering for the models with the thrushaft. You could order it dirrctly via Trek.

Yes my Slash 7 has a Standard fit Deluxe Select+ as of now, but your sure it will fit? .. so you think My bushings will fit the Rockshox Super deluxe ultimate.. should be the same size on the eyelet? Or i will just order i guess

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
It is the same dimensions, I just swapped the Deluxe in my Slash 7 to a SD air. I ordered new and better bushings some time ago for the deluxe and use those again. I found RS original bushings to be incredibly tight so not sure you will be able to get them out without damage. To my understanding all RS shocks have the same bushing size 12.7 mm x 10 mm.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006853
Mobile Version of Website