The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 15:30 Quote
Anyone out there who has the new model yet ? If yes, could you put a tape measure or vernier on the rear, and let me know how wide a tire you could actually fit. Trek say 2.6, but I'd like to run it with my plus size 27.5 at times, which are 2.8. Thanks in advance for someone's help

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 6:36 Quote
Anyone running rubber bands on their Monarch Plus DebonAir? I have a 2016 9.9 and I bottom even with 240 psi. I weigh 180 and ride at a cat 1 level. Thanks!!

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
Badger24 wrote:
Anyone running rubber bands on their Monarch Plus DebonAir? I have a 2016 9.9 and I bottom even with 240 psi. I weigh 180 and ride at a cat 1 level. Thanks!!
Used to run between 3>5 which worked well but went back using drcv/corset as I felt it had better tracking second half of travel and corset sleeve gave better mid stroke vs debonair.
Weight 77/78kg

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 14:06 Quote
Hey guys
I'm going to buy the new 9.8 Slash but i'm concerned as to what size i need, i'm 5ft 8" or 176cm. That puts me bang in the middle of the 17.5 and 18.5 frames, the only problem is that i can see is that this model has no 18.5 only 19.5?
Can anyone shed some light on what size i should get? it's a lot of money wasted if i get it wrong.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 1:22 Quote
tafia wrote:
Hey guys
I'm going to buy the new 9.8 Slash but i'm concerned as to what size i need, i'm 5ft 8" or 176cm. That puts me bang in the middle of the 17.5 and 18.5 frames, the only problem is that i can see is that this model has no 18.5 only 19.5?
Can anyone shed some light on what size i should get? it's a lot of money wasted if i get it wrong.

Thanks

Compare the reach of your current bike vs Slash29 geo then you will know what you need

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 13:25 Quote
Does anybody know where I can get 2015 Slash 9.8 rockshox decals for the Pike? Got a new Pike and like to replace the white ones with the original lime green stickers.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 0:11 Quote
Thats awesome that the slash takes plus rims and tires.I was looking at my 2014 slash 8 and thinking there is loads of room in there,could probably run a 2.6,but the 2.8 on yours looks to fit just fine
aperral wrote:
2014 Slash with PLUS Tires. Fork is stock. Better clearance than a Carbine 29er the wheels were originally on. Smile
Also, I have a 0.5 degree offsetbushing on the lower eye. The BB is around 13.75in but with the plus tires with more sag when ridden, it's about equal to a 13.5 bb height, which was what it was when I had the offsetbushing installed, with the regular 27.5 tires (Vredestein Bobcat 2.35).

Ibis 741 with 2.8 Nobby Nics

Slash with Ibis 741 Wheels and 2.8 Nobby Nics

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 6:14 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get 2015 Slash 9.8 rockshox decals for the Pike? Got a new Pike and like to replace the white ones with the original lime green stickers.

Thanks

Try http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/fork-decals-rockshox/products/rockshox-pike-2015-style-decals-black-forks

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 10:09 Quote
trek slash with fox dhx rc4
There it is my baby freshly equipped with coil

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
covebomber wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

Thanks

Try http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/fork-decals-rockshox/products/rockshox-pike-2015-style-decals-black-forks

Thanks. Will ask there

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 20:56 Quote
My mate just bought me a new shock, Monarch Plus RC3, and despite ordering the one with trek fittings it came with normal eyelets. I haven't got it in my hands yet but the invoice says 210mm - 60mm which i'm pretty sure is correct.

Firstly, is there a conversion kit to get this onto my 2016 Slash? If yes, can some kind soul send me a link because i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Nidge.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
My mate just bought me a new shock, Monarch Plus RC3, and despite ordering the one with trek fittings it came with normal eyelets. I haven't got it in my hands yet but the invoice says 210mm - 60mm which i'm pretty sure is correct.

Firstly, is there a conversion kit to get this onto my 2016 Slash? If yes, can some kind soul send me a link because i can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Nidge.

the slash uses regular eyelets for the shock there are a pair of spacres that go between the reducer and the rocker link bearings. Pretty sure I posted trek part numbers for both kits a few pages back.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 4:12 Quote
william4269 wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:

Thanks.

Nidge.

the slash uses regular eyelets for the shock there are a pair of spacres that go between the reducer and the rocker link bearings. Pretty sure I posted trek part numbers for both kits a few pages back.

Thanks, i have now found he has a bag of "bolts and spacers" that i guess i will need. I just expected to receive a shock with the same fittings as the Fox RP3.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
william4269 wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:

Thanks.

Nidge.

William, (or anyone else in the know...

After receiving the shock i found there is a kit to make it fit. However, the spacers are a bit narrow and you can see the shiny steel between the shock and the spacer. It works ok but just looks a bit odd. Do you think it's ok?

New monarch plus RC3 fitted

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009788
Mobile Version of Website