The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Nov 28, 2014 at 18:47 Quote
Yeah "look"... McDonald's looks like food but it is it really?

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 at 18:59 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yeah "look"... McDonald's looks like food but it is it really?

Well besides looks the specs are almost the same minus the weight.. but thats due to width.

And dont be hating on them golden archers... us fat people need food to!

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
Had it for lunch. Kid loves those chicken nuggets. Been on vigi's for more than a year. No flats at all. You buy!

Posted: Nov 29, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
I think you saw this last year:
Intern
What do you think throwing dual crown to the slash's front?
Plus, changing shock with 8.5"x2.50" coil?

Here is the video of that dual crown'd slash following Semenuk and Howard at Whistler
This guy with dual crown slash said to be intern at Trek. So should know what he is doing...

Here is example of rear shock with coil:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/trek/767347d1359769326-trek-slash-imag0240.jpg

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 1:51 Quote
Dont know why you would mess with the suspension and destroy, what this bike is made for. Get a session instead...

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
So i took my slash 8 2014 in for the complimentary service. I have a new chain and tires to put on. I wanted a wheel set. I was getting talked into the Roval Carbon wheels the specalized brand for 1200. I almost did that, we discussed options, i called a friend for advice now i have a wheel set on its way being built up. Going with a way better hub the Industry Nine with 120 points of engagement compared to the 52 on the specialized, the hoops are DT Swiss ex417. I may not get the benefits of the carbon hoop as far as weight and stiffness, but i will have a solid amazing hub which i can rebuild on for many many rides to come.
Out the door for 900$ doesn't seem too bad plus i can always do a carbon hoop in the future

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
Right so after about 3 hours solid riding at swinley forest today it's safe to say the monarch plus is infinitely better than the drcv
first of all it tracks the ground so much better, there's less bouncing around on top of the saddle when pedalling seated so you stay planted on the saddle which is sooooo much more comfortable for longer rides.
The 3 position switch is a lot more sensible than on the drcv too; the middle setting is more suited for all round riding and the firmest setting is actually usable (I found the fox locked out the shock far too much in the climb setting) and whlie it's still supple there is minimal bob, in all settings. I found myself in open setting for a lot of the flat pedally sections and didn't feel like I was losing power at all.
For descents it's also better. I found the drcv pretty good for eating up rough stuff but it seemed to get overwhelmed with successive hits and would pack up. The monarch plus just keeps coming back and feels endless. I had a 2014 vivid air r2c on my old Scott voltage fr and to be honest it feels like a more usable, scaled down version of that, which is brilliant for me.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 22:09 Quote
pikls94 wrote:
Right so after about 3 hours solid riding at swinley forest today it's safe to say the monarch plus is infinitely better than the drcv
first of all it tracks the ground so much better, there's less bouncing around on top of the saddle when pedalling seated so you stay planted on the saddle which is sooooo much more comfortable for longer rides.
The 3 position switch is a lot more sensible than on the drcv too; the middle setting is more suited for all round riding and the firmest setting is actually usable (I found the fox locked out the shock far too much in the climb setting) and whlie it's still supple there is minimal bob, in all settings. I found myself in open setting for a lot of the flat pedally sections and didn't feel like I was losing power at all.
For descents it's also better. I found the drcv pretty good for eating up rough stuff but it seemed to get overwhelmed with successive hits and would pack up. The monarch plus just keeps coming back and feels endless. I had a 2014 vivid air r2c on my old Scott voltage fr and to be honest it feels like a more usable, scaled down version of that, which is brilliant for me.

Nice comparison. My trek dealer says there is a new drcv in the works. If i remember right the remedy already has the new drcv technology. They claim the rock shox monarch was chosen because the fox was not ready.
don't quote me on these things these are hearsay from my trek dealer. i have the drcv and in the future would not mind trying something else out.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
From rrumours the new drcv is going to be very similar to the current one but with a similar upgrade as you'd get from the 'push' upgrade so you'd get more ramp up which sounds good. Only thing is though for the slash the monarch plus is the way to go, for remedy and fuel I'd say the drcv is spot on but the slash is supposed to be hard hitting and from experience the drcv just doesn't live up to that

Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 3:30 Quote
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a 2011 Scratch Air Rocker for my 2012 Slash 8 so that I can use the same bolt for the top on my slash as in the Scratch. Does anyone know if they have the same dimentions or if i can forget this?

Here is a link to it http://www.bike-alm.de/product_info.php?info=p64509_Trek-Rocker-Link-Scratch--2011--298923-.html

Cheers, Jo

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 19:53 Quote
has anyone tried putting a coil shock on the newer slashes?

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
has anyone tried putting a coil shock on the newer slashes?

why not run with an air shock?

The air shocks are badass... ive only ever bottomed out with my CCDB when hucking to flat at a bike park.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
Any of you guys using 170s on the front? Im debated on trying a Fox 36 170 or waiting on the Lyrik to hit the shop.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
Carl96 wrote:
Any of you guys using 170s on the front? Im debated on trying a Fox 36 170 or waiting on the Lyrik to hit the shop.

170mm lyric up front. Really makes the bike feel pretty slack but is an absolute slayer for pointing downhill.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.020490
Mobile Version of Website