The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 7:13 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Anyone had to tweak a brake lever (slx M675) after a crash? got one that is bent down just enough to be annoying but still operates just fine. Read somewhere to place an old handlebar or pipe on it and bend it back into place. Just curious if there is anyone who has already done this and how much it will weaken the lever.

Yes, I've done it to a couple of brake levers. It should bend back quite easily.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Anyone had to tweak a brake lever (slx M675) after a crash? got one that is bent down just enough to be annoying but still operates just fine. Read somewhere to place an old handlebar or pipe on it and bend it back into place. Just curious if there is anyone who has already done this and how much it will weaken the lever.

Yes, I've done it to a couple of brake levers. It should bend back quite easily.

awesome. wanted to ask before i just wrenched on it and snapped the lever or housing. ill try and give it a bit of gentle pressure. thanks!

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
william4269 wrote:
Chr1sTurn3r wrote:
william4269 wrote:

Won't work. The new slash uses 50mm spacing and is a bit wider on seat stays

I'm putting a vector air on mine. Had the supplier lower it to 60mm and offset bushing to make it 210x60

That's the kind of definitive answer I was looking for, thanks.

I'll stick to my offset mount to run the FloatX2 then.

Won't fit either. At least on my 16 slash.

I made my own which works just fine. A lot of work and machining but got there in ge end.
I was just curious if there was an easier way.

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 16:14 Quote
Anyone fit a fox transfer post on the 29? After pulling the 150mm fox out of the box I'm worried a large frame won't have enough depth for it. It's notably longer than a comparable ks. Frame supposedly ships Monday. Thx

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 2:05 Quote
bullit398 wrote:
Anyone fit a fox transfer post on the 29? After pulling the 150mm fox out of the box I'm worried a large frame won't have enough depth for it. It's notably longer than a comparable ks. Frame supposedly ships Monday. Thx

On the PB test a few days ago, they said they did use a 150dropper post on a 19.5 frame, so you should be allright !

"• Bontrager Drop Line Post: Trek says that the Slash is spec'd with a 125mm dropper in order to allow it to fit a wider range of riders, but I'm not convinced that reasoning is sound. Given the terrain this bike is designed for, it only makes sense that most riders would want their seat as far out of the way as possible; at the very least the 19.5 and 21.5 frames should have 150mm posts. At 5'11” I was able to swap out the Drop Line for a 150mm Fox Transfer post with plenty of room to spare on the size large."

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
evildos wrote:
bullit398 wrote:

On the PB test a few days ago, they said they did use a 150dropper post on a 19.5 frame, so you should be allright !

"• Bontrager Drop Line Post: Trek says that the Slash is spec'd with a 125mm dropper in order to allow it to fit a wider range of riders, but I'm not convinced that reasoning is sound. Given the terrain this bike is designed for, it only makes sense that most riders would want their seat as far out of the way as possible; at the very least the 19.5 and 21.5 frames should have 150mm posts. At 5'11” I was able to swap out the Drop Line for a 150mm Fox Transfer post with plenty of room to spare on the size large."
I'm using the fox transfer on a large Slash29, could do with a 170 but seatvtube to short.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
evildos wrote:
bullit398 wrote:

I'm using the fox transfer on a large Slash29, could do with a 170 but seatvtube to short.

Good to hear. Thanks guys.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
I have a 150mm transfer on my 27.5 with plenty of space

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 22:32 Quote
My 2014 slash 8 took a crap. The shock went. In the parking lot before our trail ride I was checking the shock and took some air out of it. After that it will not hold air at all. Took it to the shop and they did a rebuild but it still will not hold air. They say they have to send it in to fix.
It's dcrv shock not the nice one like the slash 9 has. Should I upgrade the shock to something else get a better dcrv or let it get rebuilt from Fox?
What shock is recommended if I have to get a different one?
Has any one else had this same issue

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 1:39 Quote
yamahawarrior wrote:
My 2014 slash 8 took a crap. The shock went. In the parking lot before our trail ride I was checking the shock and took some air out of it. After that it will not hold air at all. Took it to the shop and they did a rebuild but it still will not hold air. They say they have to send it in to fix.
It's dcrv shock not the nice one like the slash 9 has. Should I upgrade the shock to something else get a better dcrv or let it get rebuilt from Fox?
What shock is recommended if I have to get a different one?
Has any one else had this same issue
Could be the drcv seal as rebuilds you can catch it so it loses air past X psi

My old slash9 I ran it with the drcv with vorsprung corset as the performance was better deeper stroke and mid vs monarchplus which was too soft even with firm tune and volume bands.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
Hello

it is possible to modify frame 2013 to 650B? Do I need to swap a complet Pivot system.

THX

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
Thank you for the information and pictures.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:05 Quote
My slash 8
  My slash 8

Here is my slash running a 2x11 36/22 front chain ring, nuke proof pedals, spank spoon 32 tubeless rims, , maxxis minion 2 dhf and dhr, Hayes stroker pro 4 pot brakes, spank bars, and esi grips. I have not found the need to change anything else.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
i found the rear shock lack in the park. even the plus didnt handle how i wanted it to. the dropper was also slow return speed but i had a rf turbine post before that. bike looks good though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033911
Mobile Version of Website