The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Anyone recall how many/if any volume spacers come stock in the monarch on 2016 Slash 8?

2 in mine

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
dirtrider76 wrote:
Nut was tight and bearing is fine. Brakes were dragging, I was actually messing with this when I noticed it. I've had to keep adjusting the brakes lately due to rubbing and noise. I tore it apart last night and the bearing was not seated all the way. Pressed it in and reassembled and it was fine riding today. The bearing was so far out the upper and lower chainstays were rubbing on each other. Going to talk to my LBS see if they had any issues with this. I'm not really sure what would cause it to push out, it went back in nice and snug and no signs of damage around it.

I actually locktight and zip tie my mino chips. I zip tie loops right through the bolt perfectly.

Never had any issue over 4 years with mino coming loose even though been warned about them.
I find with Trek rear caliper can have a very limited adjustable range.

I've never had a issue either but know a guy that had issues with them. I flip mine frequently so its cheap insurance.

The brake issue was from the ABP bearing working out. Its been fine since I pressed it back in though.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 5:26 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Anyone recall how many/if any volume spacers come stock in the monarch on 2016 Slash 8?

2 in mine

Thanks. I've been eating up all the travel this season and could not find this anywhere short of opening the thing up.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 4:20 Quote
Hi guys got my self a 2016 trek slash 7 looking to upgrade the shock but apparently trek are weird sizes... Does anyone know what size will fit it thanks

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 Quote
Find a monarch plus in Trek size 210x60.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
I have one for sale 200 euros

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
mollow wrote:
I have one for sale 200 euros

No selling in the forms

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
I have the monarch plus but I'm. Not getting on with it Tring today find a fox shock for it?

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:25 Quote
My Slash 9.8 with

- MT7
- 775mm Sixpack bar
- Newmen 40mm Stem
- X0 Carbon Cranks
- Tune saddle
13.5kg incl. Supergravity tires and pedals

And here in action:

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 7:18 Quote
2016 Slash, pure radness.

Trek Slash custom build

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
hey guys new to this thread, but long time member of the Session owners thread, have a 2015 slash so not the drcv specific one, and looking into shock options. Really wanting a coil with a lockout, if its a possibility, im aware of the dumb slash specific shock size. So im wondering what options you guys are running, and if any of you are running a 8.5x2.5 with offset bushing or what . any help would be awesome

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
qman11 wrote:
hey guys new to this thread, but long time member of the Session owners thread, have a 2015 slash so not the drcv specific one, and looking into shock options. Really wanting a coil with a lockout, if its a possibility, im aware of the dumb slash specific shock size. So im wondering what options you guys are running, and if any of you are running a 8.5x2.5 with offset bushing or what . any help would be awesome

Buy my ohlins shock you fool

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
mollow wrote:
qman11 wrote:

Buy my ohlins shock you fool

Pm'd

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 5:45 Quote
qman11 wrote:

running a CCDB inline and 2mm offset bushing. Shock doesn't have a lockout but it has a climb switch which is way more useful unless you're powering up road climbs. Way more active than any air shock.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
milanboez wrote:
qman11 wrote:

running a CCDB inline and 2mm offset bushing. Shock doesn't have a lockout but it has a climb switch which is way more useful unless you're powering up road climbs. Way more active than any air shock.
So are you running a 8.5x2.5?

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033669
Mobile Version of Website