The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
2016 Trek Slash 9.8

Here's my 2016 Slash 9.8, DIALED build! What do you guys think? It's a blast and I've done quite a lot to it but thinking of selling it this summer before it loses too much value. Or should I keep riding it??? Here's the list:
-2018 Fox DHX2 resized with 450 lb spring
-2015 Fox Factory 36 160 mm (just did a lower leg service with Maxima plush 10 wt, buttery smooth now!)
-OneUp 150mm Dropper with WolfTooth remote
-Deity 50mm stem, Nukeproof Horizon 780 mm bars, DMR Deathgrips
-203 mm slx rotor front, 180 xt rear with shimano xt brakes (just did a rear brake lever service)
-e*Thirteen trsr cassette with Stan's rims and 3.30 hubs and 30t narrow wide
-e*Thirteen trsr front tire 2.35 with a High Roller II rear, 2.3

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
rum501 wrote:

Here's my 2016 Slash 9.8, DIALED build! What do you guys think? It's a blast and I've done quite a lot to it but thinking of selling it this summer before it loses too much value. Or should I keep riding it??? Here's the list:
-2015 Fox Factory 36 160 mm (just did a lower leg service with Maxima plush 10 wt, buttery smooth now!)
-203 mm slx rotor front, 180 xt rear with shimano xt brakes (just did a rear brake lever service)

Sick Bike! I love the colors. Depends what you use the bike for, but I would try to test ride new Remedy and compare it. This bike is more similar to new Remedy than a Slash. It's an old frame, new one could ride better (improved geometry) and you have stuff like internal cable routing etc. And if the shock is 230x57.5 or 60 you can swap it to the new model Smile But really nice bike, I like it alot.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
rum501 wrote:
2016 Trek Slash 9.8

Rad!!!
How much was it to resize the shock? I hate my rockshox monarch

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

Rad!!!

I bought it off of somebody else and I believe he had it sent to Fox to get it resized. Fox could probably quote you a price if you called/emailed. I've heard of other guys doing it with 8.5x2.5 coils.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Just curious on how people get around the knock block. I’ve machines off the tabs on the spacer so I can use a regular stem but obviously the knock block doesn’t work. What do you guys usually use?

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
Not sure how you'd "get around" knock block given it's integrated in to the frame?

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Not sure how you'd "get around" knock block given it's integrated in to the frame?

Use a “non-knock block” stem and still be able to use the knock block. Thus getting past the propriety stem. I have a Renthal stem I want to use that’s the reason I’m asking

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
OK but you still have knock block?

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
There is a Knock Block adapter spacer that is designed for that purpose. It’s basically a spacer without the tabs and a little grub screw. There’s mixed reviews of if it’s functional or not.

Your trek dealer will be able to order it for you.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 2:07 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
rum501 wrote:
2016 Trek Slash 9.8

Rad!!!

i have a resized fox dhx2 for my 2016 slash as well. from tftuned in the uk it costs upwards of £300 to resize the shock.
have mine for sale in buy buysell.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
j-t-g wrote:

Just don't #@%* with it! It works and you'll damage your frame, this has been asked before on this thread.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 6:12 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
j-t-g wrote:

Just don't #@%* with it! It works and you'll damage your frame, this has been asked before on this thread.

As above it just works, you don’t notice it at all with me maybe twice over 3years steep insane turns uphill.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
I will be next month. Charger 2 is going into my Yari, and I've ordered the widget to go to 170 while it's apart.

Noypirider wrote:
Hi anyone here running a 170mm fork on a 2018 29er slash ?

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
hey guys, just wanted to check something. I'm still running the original bontrager line comp wheels that came on my slash. The freehub is starting to go and wondered what the options were, how do they compare in weight to other options on the market?

They are 30mm internal width so fairly up to date, and feel like getting anything narrower would be a bit of a step back. However, they are a bit beat up, still hold air though.

any thoughts on this?

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
hey guys, just wanted to check something. I'm still running the original bontrager line comp wheels that came on my slash. The freehub is starting to go and wondered what the options were, how do they compare in weight to other options on the market?

They are 30mm internal width so fairly up to date, and feel like getting anything narrower would be a bit of a step back. However, they are a bit beat up, still hold air though.

any thoughts on this?

I'd just get another freehub body and this time get the 108 PoE upgrade. It's a huge upgrade for tech climbing and slow sections

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023534
Mobile Version of Website