The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Just bought some decals for the slash! I had to send back the frame decals because they didn’t fit. I will post another picture when it’s all done
Where did you get those wheel decals? Also, interesting brake combo

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Those wheels really pop! Nice.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Just bought some decals for the slash! I had to send back the frame decals because they didn’t fit. I will post another picture when it’s all done
Looks good! Are you getting a white TREK logo decal for the downtube? That would POP!

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
Where did you get those wheel decals? Also, interesting brake combo

Bought the decals from a guy in Hungary called nldesigns. My brakes are like that because my rear broke and I couldn’t afford to upgrade the front at the same time lol

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
J4m3z420 wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
Looks good! Are you getting a white TREK logo decal for the downtube? That would POP!

Yep! It’s gonna be sick

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
Masonmarin wrote:
Hi, I recently bought a new rear wheel for my 2014 slash 8. It fits just fine with the axle in, however without it the wheel doesn't sit as snug as the original bontrager duster. There is quite a large gap between the frame and the hub. the thread side of the axle even came completely out of the other side of the frame to the point where i had to adjust the axle. The new wheel i bought is a 26' alexrims FR32 (im running mixed wheel sizes with a 27.5 up front). The axle size is 12x142. Should i be concerned? any help would be appreciated.

You should be concerned. Having a gap between your hub and the frame is asking for trouble. Go to your local bike shop and have them get you some spacers to close the gap. Then you should be good to go.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
Looking to upgrade my CSU's on my fork due to some small scratching on the stanchion. Can get a 44mm offset Kashima for free or pay for a 51mm offset Black from Fox.

Anyone have any experience with 44mm offset on the Slash specifically?

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 20:32 Quote
J4m3z420 wrote:
Looking to upgrade my CSU's on my fork due to some small scratching on the stanchion. Can get a 44mm offset Kashima for free or pay for a 51mm offset Black from Fox.

I don't have any experience with 44mm personally, but if it's free then why not just try it?
If you don't like it you could always sell it and buy the 51mm csu?

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 4:20 Quote
J4m3z420 wrote:

I know several people that are on 44 offset and they like it, One buddy has a 170mm lyrik on his with 44 offset They love it. I am on 51 offset, and I rode a 44 on one ride, not much difference at high speed, liked it on low speed tight twisty stuff.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
Ordered parts and shock to make my 2015 slash 7 fit a Fox. changing the shock from 8.25 to 8.5. I will post pics once is it complete. It took me a long time but I am finally going to try offset bushings because i hate the monarch rc3 has a 200 lb rider

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Ordered parts and shock to make my 2015 slash 7 fit a Fox. changing the shock from 8.25 to 8.5. I will post pics once is it complete. It took me a long time but I am finally going to try offset bushings because i hate the monarch rc3 has a 200 lb rider

Let me know how it goes and where ordered the bushings if you dont mind. Sick of Rockshox as well

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

Let me know how it goes and where ordered the bushings if you dont mind. Sick of Rockshox as well

I had the offset bushings. Keep an eye on them. If you bottom out hard enough, they bend.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

I heard about them from PB user jezzah, i think runs www.offsetbushings.com. will probably have it built next week if all parts arrive on time. I am mounting a fox van RC with a sls spring for my style of riding. I got a deal i couldnt pass up. I would consider a DHX x2 but I couldnt do it due to just buying a dirt bike.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
camelkicker wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

I heard about them from PB user jezzah, i think runs www.offsetbushings.com. will probably have it built next week if all parts arrive on time. I am mounting a fox van RC with a sls spring for my style of riding. I got a deal i couldnt pass up. I would consider a DHX x2 but I couldnt do it due to just buying a dirt bike.

Yeah stoked to see if this works out. How much for the bushings?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Big-J wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:
camelkicker wrote:

Yeah stoked to see if this works out. How much for the bushings?
me too, should be getting them any day. Im trying a fox sls spring too. They were $35. so cool guys that are fast at answering questions

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024197
Mobile Version of Website