The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
What tabs did you get it for? That slash frame uses iscg 05 mounts.

How does the guard not fit right? Picture maybe

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Big-J wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

I heard about them from PB user jezzah, i think runs www.offsetbushings.com. will probably have it built next week if all parts arrive on time. I am mounting a fox van RC with a sls spring for my style of riding. I got a deal i couldnt pass up. I would consider a DHX x2 but I couldnt do it due to just buying a dirt bike.

Yeah stoked to see if this works out. How much for the bushings?
me too, should be getting them any day. Im trying a fox sls spring too. They were $35. so cool guys that are fast at answering questions

the shock fit thank GOD! the bushings were great and came with extra sleeves for them. Now time to ride and see how it feels
new fox on trek with custom bushings

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Man i wish i knew about this earlier before i bought another dam monarch! This looks like the cheapest option. It seems like everyone else was making their own custum bushing adapters and that costs $$!

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
Big-J wrote:
Man i wish i knew about this earlier before i bought another dam monarch! This looks like the cheapest option. It seems like everyone else was making their own custum bushing adapters and that costs $$!

The bushing set from offsetbushings.com costs roughly the same as regular mounting hardware....?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Hey, Did you get any answers for this? I'm looking at the same

Bikesenf wrote:
hi folks,

short question that maybe has been asked before:
anyone knows the max insertion hight for a dropper post for a 18,5 shlash al? thinking about a 150 one up dropper.

thanks in advance

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Hey, Did you get any answers for this? I'm looking at the same

Bikesenf wrote:
hi folks,

short question that maybe has been asked before:
anyone knows the max insertion hight for a dropper post for a 18,5 shlash al? thinking about a 150 one up dropper.

thanks in advance

They were $35. I love fox and am super impressed with the change

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Hi all, i have a slash 9.8 and have never been able to get the suspension to feel right on the stock thru shaft deluxe. i always bottom it out even when running really low sag (24%) which really messes up the feel of the bike, the ride is good until i hit a large compression or do a drop. i am currently maxxed out on volume reducers and i have added extra oil to try get more progression out if it with no luck.

i have ordered one of the new Meg Neg air cans to see if that can give me some more support and will post back with the results

has anyone else had a similar experience? i feel like if i could adjust HSC this would not be an issue but im not ready to shell out 1k for a new shock

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
Hi all, i have a slash 9.8 and have never been able to get the suspension to feel right on the stock thru shaft deluxe. i always bottom it out even when running really low sag (24%) which really messes up the feel of the bike, the ride is good until i hit a large compression or do a drop. i am currently maxxed out on volume reducers and i have added extra oil to try get more progression out if it with no luck.

i have ordered one of the new Meg Neg air cans to see if that can give me some more support and will post back with the results

has anyone else had a similar experience? i feel like if i could adjust HSC this would not be an issue but im not ready to shell out 1k for a new shock

I have the same issue and have heard it from multiple people. Solution...go to coil. XD jk but that’s the route I’m going

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:

best thing you can do for cheap is a megneg chamber makes a world of a difference

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
BrianRichards wrote:

I have the same issue and have heard it from multiple people. Solution...go to coil. XD jk but that’s the route I’m going
Your going to bottom out more with a coil than air, keep that in mind. Although high speed compression helps, its just the linear nature of coils. I do love the way mine rides with the cane creek db coil.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
BrianRichards wrote:

Your going to bottom out more with a coil than air, keep that in mind. Although high speed compression helps, its just the linear nature of coils. I do love the way mine rides with the cane creek db coil.

i feel like i because it is more linear the lower sag wont be an issue because it will reach a higher final pressure, hence more force to bottom out. do you find that your coil bottoms out more than the air shock?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

i feel like i because it is more linear the lower sag wont be an issue because it will reach a higher final pressure, hence more force to bottom out. do you find that your coil bottoms out more than the air shock?

The way my shock is setup now it stock spacers and the psi at a point to where I’m at like 18-19% sag (I think close to 30 psi over what trek recommends) and that seems to help the bottoming out, it just doesn’t have the best small bump sensitivity

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:

Yes, it does bottom out more than air. The coil is awesome for rough, fast tech. What its not for is trying to send the biggest drops you can.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:
Big-J wrote:

Yeah stoked to see if this works out. How much for the bushings?
me too, should be getting them any day. Im trying a fox sls spring too. They were $35. so cool guys that are fast at answering questions

the shock fit thank GOD! the bushings were great and came with extra sleeves for them. Now time to ride and see how it feels
new fox on trek with custom bushings

Glad to hear you got them and it's all running well! Smile

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014166
Mobile Version of Website