The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:

Transfer beats both of those hands down. I would skip both and just get the fox. One up is a good budget option

Second the OneUp, it doesn't feel like a budget post either.

I’m mostly concerned with performance and quality. I work at a shop and can get deals on Fox and rock shox but not one up
One up is cheaper than both even at cost. I would do fox over the reverb any day.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
well the fox is one of the best posts on the market that there is, so that's a great option.

Also, I'd shoot OneUp an email if you work at a shop.... I'm fairly confident they'd set you up a dealer account even if it's for a single post.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
Hi guys, I own a Slash 8 ´19. I really like the bike and the big wheels (coming from a Remedy)
The only thing is that I feel the rear suspension really linear and easy to use the full travel, I wish it had more mid stoke support. Does someone know with how many "tokens" the RS deluxe rt3 thrushaft come? And how many can it take?
Thanks for the help

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
I’m thinking of upgrading my dropper seatpost because my stock Bontrager dropper rattles really bad, also I’d like to go to 170. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, silent 170-175mm dropper? Currently I can get a great deal on a race face turbine or a rock shox reverb. How do those compare to a transfer etc?

Reverb all day. I love the Reverb, It is easy to rebuild(if you have the tools) and it's so solid and cost less to maintain IMHO. I can service it and ride.

The Fox Transfer is great, the biggest thing is you need to send it into Fox for service. So down time is the biggest draw back.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
For what it's worth I've abused my reverb stealth and haven't had to touch it in 4 years, still works like it was new ????

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Rusnak wrote:
I’m thinking of upgrading my dropper seatpost because my stock Bontrager dropper rattles really bad, also I’d like to go to 170. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, silent 170-175mm dropper? Currently I can get a great deal on a race face turbine or a rock shox reverb. How do those compare to a transfer etc?
Transfer beats both of those hands down. I would skip both and just get the fox. One up is a good budget option
Another vote for fox transfer, ran mine 26months before first full rebuild and still working like new pre service

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys, I own a Slash 8 ´19. I really like the bike and the big wheels (coming from a Remedy)
The only thing is that I feel the rear suspension really linear and easy to use the full travel, I wish it had more mid stoke support. Does someone know with how many "tokens" the RS deluxe rt3 thrushaft come? And how many can it take?
Thanks for the help

the stock shock can only take one gnardog token which is 2.5 tokens, the shock comes with 2 tokens stock, you can also try adding 1-2 ml of oil to the air can.

alternatively check your ifp pressure and make sure its at 250psi, the shrader valve is in the piggy back, you just unscrew the cap at the base of the piggy back. it is ok to use normal air in the ifp which the trek tech manual does say.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
Tannex wrote:
Thanks for the help
probaste la tabla de seteo que está en la web de trek??? con eso se acabo el problema con el mio, también me pasaba lo mismo...igual me quiero cambiar a coil porque siento que deluxe tiene cero sensibilidad, lo de los tokens no cacho si trae pero una vez pregunte por fb a sram y me dieron el numero de parte para comprarlos por si necesitaba

https://suspension.trekbikes.com/za/en#calculator

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
I would say the drcv is worse without the pin hack than the monarch

I had my dcrv redone by push it was great then

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Well... that hardly counts then does it lmao

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
Ok I give up. Without reading 70 pages in this thread, how do I dial in the Rockshox RT3? I'm 180 riding weight, tried 180-220psi, with 7-8 clicks out on rebound. I bottom out nearly all of those pressures and 200+ psi is too rough. Seems like my sag is at 45% at 190psi and closer to 30% at 210psi.

Start with an extra volume reducer spacer? What if that doesn't work?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
new fox on trek with custom bushings
iliveonnitro wrote:
Ok I give up. Without reading 70 pages in this thread, how do I dial in the Rockshox RT3? I'm 180 riding weight, tried 180-220psi, with 7-8 clicks out on rebound. I bottom out nearly all of those pressures and 200+ psi is too rough. Seems like my sag is at 45% at 190psi and closer to 30% at 210psi.

Start with an extra volume reducer spacer? What if that doesn't work?

I hated mine and would go thru the travel when it shouldn't. I weigh 200 and had 300 psi and could not get the sag less then 30%. The best I did was add the most rings I could inside ( i think i had 5 or 6) and get the PSI as high as I could.

But I ordered custom bushings because my slash 7 was a 8.25 x 2.35. New bushings from offsetbushings.com allowed me to go to 8.25x2.5 and I got a fox with an sls spring and couldn't be happier

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
guys I got NON-trunnion öhlins ttx22 230 x 65 on my bird am9. I've been thinking of getting a slash maybe at some point especially if they steepen the seat angle on 2020 models. The shock wont fit because it is not trunnion, or?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
guys I got NON-trunnion öhlins ttx22 230 x 65 on my bird am9. I've been thinking of getting a slash maybe at some point especially if they steepen the seat angle on 2020 models. The shock wont fit because it is not trunnion, or?

I don’t think they will change the slash this year. They just dropped the new remedy and they didn’t change any geo. From what I known the shock won’t work on the slash unless it’s 230x57.5

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

I don’t think they will change the slash this year. They just dropped the new remedy and they didn’t change any geo. From what I known the shock won’t work on the slash unless it’s 230x57.5

from what I know the travel can be reduced with a spacer, was just thinking of physically being able / not being able to fit non trunnion shock on a bike designed with trunnionn mounting in mind

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010591
Mobile Version of Website