The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
guys I got NON-trunnion öhlins ttx22 230 x 65 on my bird am9. I've been thinking of getting a slash maybe at some point especially if they steepen the seat angle on 2020 models. The shock wont fit because it is not trunnion, or?

I doubt we’ll see change to the Slash but I could see some changes coming to the Fuel EX. Those changes may give us some insight into what could come of the Slash next year.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
guys I got NON-trunnion öhlins ttx22 230 x 65 on my bird am9. I've been thinking of getting a slash maybe at some point especially if they steepen the seat angle on 2020 models. The shock wont fit because it is not trunnion, or?

I doubt we’ll see change to the Slash but I could see some changes coming to the Fuel EX. Those changes may give us some insight into what could come of the Slash next year.

Don't count on nothing happening homies....

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:

You can run non trunnion shocks as long as you can get a spacer kit from the shock manuf to fit the sizing.

You'll need to reduce the stroke of your shock (don't know if that's possible with the TTX?) down to 57.5mm.

The only 'advantage' to trunnion shocks is that it allows them to fit more shock in a smaller space.

If they steepen the SA appreciably, they will need to do a complete redesign or they will be losing Reach. The Slash was roomy when it came out but is definitely nothing special in the reach department these days.

I sized up to a 19.5 and honestly i'd be more interested in Trek dropping the ST measurement than steepening the SA angle. It would be easier to do than the (still very needed) complete bike overhaul.

If the new Top Fuel is running a 67 deg HA i have to hope that Treks redo of the Slash hit's some equally progressive numbers. I know that Norco went and bought a Geometron before designing their new Range, I wouldn't be surprised if other companies follow suit.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
yup being able to upsize would be great. Dunno if the linkage design allows a lot shorter seattubes though

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys, I own a Slash 8 ´19. I really like the bike and the big wheels (coming from a Remedy)
The only thing is that I feel the rear suspension really linear and easy to use the full travel, I wish it had more mid stoke support. Does someone know with how many "tokens" the RS deluxe rt3 thrushaft come? And how many can it take?
Thanks for the help

the stock shock can only take one gnardog token which is 2.5 tokens, the shock comes with 2 tokens stock, you can also try adding 1-2 ml of oil to the air can.

alternatively check your ifp pressure and make sure its at 250psi, the shrader valve is in the piggy back, you just unscrew the cap at the base of the piggy back. it is ok to use normal air in the ifp which the trek tech manual does say.

I had to use a dremel sander around the edge of a gnardog token to get it to fit. It doesn't really even make a difference compared to the stock 2 spacers. I wouldn't bother messing with it.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
I have a 2019, 9.8 with the stock shock and I'm around 190lbs so over 200 when geared up and wearing a waist pack, I'm comfortable on steep and gnar but im not much for hucking big jumps or drops, I love the bike but need some input on rear shock setup,

If I stay close to recommended sag settings I've got lots of travel left before I bottom out, I'm getting passed 35% sag before I'm seeing anywhere close to a bottom out.

Would this suggest maybe too much progressive tuning in shock, do the rear shocks have a volume spacer I can remove?

I can run it with more sag, I just get more pedal strikes as I'm sitting lower in the travel, so looking for some input.

I'm currently running 205psi

Trek's starting point for rider weight is:

Rear suspension
RockShox Deluxe RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 230x57.5mm
Spring
220 PSI
Rebound
4 Clicks Out
Shock Stroke
57.5 mm
Shock Sag
16 mm

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
If you like the way it rides and don’t bottom out all the time. That fine. Some trails I’ll bottom on big drops. Other trails don’t have the same big hits, so I use 90% or less travel. I don’t really jump a lot. I mostly trail ride mine. I run 178psi rear and 6 clicks out. I find a few psi can help. Maybe try 5 psi less. Maybe leave it set up with more sag for when you need the bike to be plush. Use your trail mode for some of your trail riding. I’ve tried it. It works.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Most modern Enduro bikes will have at least 1 spacer come stock but it's possible the slash has none. I've only taken apart an X2 on a slash and it did have one but the rockshox could be different

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Most modern Enduro bikes will have at least 1 spacer come stock but it's possible the slash has none. I've only taken apart an X2 on a slash and it did have one but the rockshox could be different

Slash comess with 2 stock and that is all that will fit unless you shave down a single gnardog token

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
Buddy is talking about removing them Smile

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Buddy is talking about removing them Smile
Remove spacers!? *Does not compute*

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
still no rumors?

About?

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
still no rumors?
Nope, but from what I have heard don’t expect a new model for the year, just new spec/colors

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
If they didn't do an update they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022664
Mobile Version of Website