The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
If they didn't do an update they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I know that the Fuel EX is changing, I have heard it's going to be 140mm. There has been no talk of a new Slash, I do see the new 2020 Slash will be available in August. Some sizes sold out already. Fingers Crossed it could be a minor tweak. Or a huge surprise.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
If they didn't do an update they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Really? Have you tried to get hold of a Slash - some of the colourways/specs have been sold out for a couple of months!

I mean, I want them to do an new frame design, but i can't see it being a priority when the bikes are selling so well.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
Most modern Enduro bikes will have at least 1 spacer come stock but it's possible the slash has none. I've only taken apart an X2 on a slash and it did have one but the rockshox could be different

Slash comess with 2 stock and that is all that will fit unless you shave down a single gnardog token

X2 Slash size large came 4 as standard with me

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
They've been updating a lot of other bikes and the Slash, although not perfect anymore, isn't really out of date. It doesn't need a break through. Trek won't abandon the rear shock or knock block yet, so what's left besides a steeper seat tube angle? Maybe a carbon rear triangle?

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
They've been updating a lot of other bikes and the Slash, although not perfect anymore, isn't really out of date. It doesn't need a break through. Trek won't abandon the rear shock or knock block yet, so what's left besides a steeper seat tube angle? Maybe a carbon rear triangle?

That would be it. all the 2020 will be full carbon, no more alloy/carbon frames

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:

bsa/t47 bb,
steeper seat angle
way shorter seat tubes (look at 430 on 470mm reach hightower for example)

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

bsa/t47 bb,
steeper seat angle
way shorter seat tubes (look at 430 on 470mm reach hightower for example)
Geo is good just needs to be longer so a large maybe a touch longer then current XL, reach 485 but get Wheelbase around 1270 then offer a XL with a 1300 wheelbase and 500 reach

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
I agree with most everyone's ideas. I think you guys get my point, though. Several little things they can do. Probably better engineering hours spent on the 140/140mm travel Fuel, their gravel bikes, etc. Not sure it's worth their time and money for MY2020 to design and make a new frame mold for minor changes, especially when they can redesign it extensively for 2021-ish.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 1:44 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
I agree with most everyone's ideas. I think you guys get my point, though. Several little things they can do. Probably better engineering hours spent on the 140/140mm travel Fuel, their gravel bikes, etc. Not sure it's worth their time and money for MY2020 to design and make a new frame mold for minor changes, especially when they can redesign it extensively for 2021-ish.

yup true!

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:

I'm honestly more excited to see what will happen to the Fuel EX given that the Top Fuel is now a 67deg HA.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

I'm honestly more excited to see what will happen to the Fuel EX given that the Top Fuel is now a 67deg HA.
I agree the theme is longer slacker, already mules of future bikes on the trails so I’m guessing next year 2 new mtb bikes one is the Slash gen2 the other?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
I'd like to see them specced with a shock that did not have 100 percent failure rate at our shop personally Smile .

No slash 8s have had shock issues but literally every carbon slash has had their shock go back at least once.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
I'd like to see them specced with a shock that did not have 100 percent failure rate at our shop personally Smile .

No slash 8s have had shock issues but literally every carbon slash has had their shock go back at least once.

So would that be a 100% failure rate - or less?

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
Including alloy, its maybe 45%?

If you include Carbon bikes excluding the first year (since they weren't re:activ/thru shaft) we are about 100%. At least one has gone back twice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012579
Mobile Version of Website