The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
I'd like to see them specced with a shock that did not have 100 percent failure rate at our shop personally Smile .

No slash 8s have had shock issues but literally every carbon slash has had their shock go back at least once.

Mine never left the shop. Sent it back, got a new one and it has been fine ever since

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Ok I give up. Without reading 70 pages in this thread, how do I dial in the Rockshox RT3? I'm 180 riding weight, tried 180-220psi, with 7-8 clicks out on rebound. I bottom out nearly all of those pressures and 200+ psi is too rough. Seems like my sag is at 45% at 190psi and closer to 30% at 210psi.

Start with an extra volume reducer spacer? What if that doesn't work?

I weight the same always had issues even raised the pressure and added 5 spacers I could never get that shock right.I just got the push instead.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
Ok I give up. Without reading 70 pages in this thread, how do I dial in the Rockshox RT3? I'm 180 riding weight, tried 180-220psi, with 7-8 clicks out on rebound. I bottom out nearly all of those pressures and 200+ psi is too rough. Seems like my sag is at 45% at 190psi and closer to 30% at 210psi.

I weight the same always had issues even raised the pressure and added 5 spacers I could never get that shock right.I just got the push instead.
Yep... I had the same problem weighing 200lb. I got custom bushings and changed to a fox

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
camelkicker wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

What's the push mean?

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
He got a shock from Push Industries - mega expensive.

Google Push 11/6 shock.

Mega adjustable - for a lot of folks the best shock on the market.

Or he got his shock turned by them - which is a lot less expensive and a lot less effective at bringing your bike out.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Hi all.

I have a question regarding my 2018 Slash 9.7. I have bought a bomber cr coil shock to replace the air shock.
Does anyone know what size mounting kit I need for it please? And if there is a specific kit anyone would recommend.
Thank you

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
Hi all.
I have a 2019 Slash 8 18.5. I want to be able to put in a seatpost that I can slam all the way down- or at least closer.
Has anyone used a Oneup 150mm post? does it sit any lower? Or is there something else out there that works
Cheers

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 18:35 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Hi all.
I have a 2019 Slash 8 18.5. I want to be able to put in a seatpost that I can slam all the way down- or at least closer.
Has anyone used a Oneup 150mm post? does it sit any lower? Or is there something else out there that works
Cheers

The OneUp and the 9.8 cuttable dropper will be the 2 lowest on the market. The OneUp is slightly lower AFAIK

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
LordSGT wrote:
Hi all.

I have a question regarding my 2018 Slash 9.7. I have bought a bomber cr coil shock to replace the air shock.
Does anyone know what size mounting kit I need for it please? And if there is a specific kit anyone would recommend.
Thank you

The same size as whatever mounting kit is required for a fox shock. I'm sure that info is out there somewhere but I can't be bothered to look it up.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
Nice thanks. Wasn’t sure if it was different and wanted to be sure before I order it.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
timcampbell23 wrote:
Hi all.
Cheers

The OneUp and the 9.8 cuttable dropper will be the 2 lowest on the market. The OneUp is slightly lower AFAIK

I can confirm as of this morning that the OneUp V2 150mm dropper can be SLAMMED in the 19.5 slash 9.8 Frame!

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
timcampbell23 wrote:
Hi all.
Cheers

Oneup version2 dropper will get you at least 30mm more. I just slamed one in the 19.5 9.8 frame this morning. it's great

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Does anyone know if flipping the mino link to low changes shock progression? I run mine in high, and it's plenty slack, but if it might get me a little more ramp-up I might flip it.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 15:25 Quote

150mm OneUp version2 dropper

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:

150mm OneUp version2 dropper

Nice!
Has anyone tried putting one on an 18.5 frame?
- or know how much difference there is in the seat tube insertion length between the 18.5 and the 19.5. The Trek website doesn't specify the length from the bolt unfortunately, only from the BB

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009702
Mobile Version of Website