The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Author Message
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
Question maybe someone here can answer. The Bontrager Line Dropper is 445mm long, but does anyone know if that includes the actuator?

I just purchased a OneUp 180 dropper and I’m curious how low it will be in my frame. I know the 150 will slam so I have hope that at the very least the 180 will sit at least as low as the Bontrager. I figured I’d ask to see if anyone on here may know the answer. My bike is still at the shop getting the Bontrager repaired under warranty but I’ll have it back tomorrow so I’ll get the definite answer tomorrow and I’ll post the results here.

I decided I needed to upgrade and I’ve been hearing good things about the OneUp v2 and I have long legs so the 180 will be nice to have a little more travel.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 23:08 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
Question maybe someone here can answer. The Bontrager Line Dropper is 445mm long, but does anyone know if that includes the actuator?

I just purchased a OneUp 180 dropper and I’m curious how low it will be in my frame. I know the 150 will slam so I have hope that at the very least the 180 will sit at least as low as the Bontrager. I figured I’d ask to see if anyone on here may know the answer. My bike is still at the shop getting the Bontrager repaired under warranty but I’ll have it back tomorrow so I’ll get the definite answer tomorrow and I’ll post the results here.

I decided I needed to upgrade and I’ve been hearing good things about the OneUp v2 and I have long legs so the 180 will be nice to have a little more travel.

I am waiting for this! On a 21.5 and thinking of a 180 from oneup also.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
So a little update. The OneUp v2 180 is about a mm shorter than the stock Bontrager 150. This means that you can’t slam the post in the frame, but it sits ever so slightly lower than the Bontrager, but you gain an additional 30mm of travel out of it. I’m so stoked with the results. I’ll post pics in just a second.

Also, I forgot to mention I have the 19.5” frame which I imagine means anyone with the 19.5” and 21.5” frame will have the same results.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
I did a calculation on my 17.5 Slash frame. I slam my 125mm dropper for the correct saddle position. The One Up can get the medium frame to 140mm, but not quite 150mm. Still a potentially good improvement.

I actually use the Fox Transfer, which I really like. About 2mm taller than stock, so almost unnoticeable. Debating if I want to move to the OneUp to gain some extra drop, or if it's a downgrade in performance.

...still don't know which rear coil shock to choose :/

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
So a little update. The OneUp v2 180 is about a mm shorter than the stock Bontrager 150. This means that you can’t slam the post in the frame, but it sits ever so slightly lower than the Bontrager, but you gain an additional 30mm of travel out of it. I’m so stoked with the results. I’ll post pics in just a second.

Also, I forgot to mention I have the 19.5” frame which I imagine means anyone with the 19.5” and 21.5” frame will have the same results.

my 21.5 allows slamming the 150, so should be no issue installing a oneup 180mm. hmm...

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
I did a calculation on my 17.5 Slash frame. I slam my 125mm dropper for the correct saddle position. The One Up can get the medium frame to 140mm, but not quite 150mm. Still a potentially good improvement.

I actually use the Fox Transfer, which I really like. About 2mm taller than stock, so almost unnoticeable. Debating if I want to move to the OneUp to gain some extra drop, or if it's a downgrade in performance.

...still don't know which rear coil shock to choose :/

I'd get an dhx2.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
So my dropper just broke right before my week long trip to the mountains. Has anyone ever had this happen??

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
No but any trek dealer should sort you out and could even do it quickly.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
No but any trek dealer should sort you out and could even do it quickly.
He works at a shop, submit it through dexter and they will review the claim on Monday

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
No but any trek dealer should sort you out and could even do it quickly.
He works at a shop, submit it through dexter and they will review the claim on Monday

Claim is already submitted. Bummed this happened but glad it did at the same time. I was about to try to get a new bushing kit because this things rattles worse than a derailleur without a clutch.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
No but any trek dealer should sort you out and could even do it quickly.
He works at a shop, submit it through dexter and they will review the claim on Monday

Claim is already submitted. Bummed this happened but glad it did at the same time. I was about to try to get a new bushing kit because this things rattles worse than a derailleur without a clutch.
Yeah I submit a warranty request today for mine

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
Also just mounted up an XR5 2.6 on my line carbon 30’s and it looks...unnerving.theres the center tread pattern which actually looks really good but then there’s a massive “dead spot” in the transition to the side nobs which are at a VERY steep angle. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be like this (coming from minion dhf 2.5) but it just looks sketchy?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Rusnak wrote:
Also just mounted up an XR5 2.6 on my line carbon 30’s and it looks...unnerving.theres the center tread pattern which actually looks really good but then there’s a massive “dead spot” in the transition to the side nobs which are at a VERY steep angle. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be like this (coming from minion dhf 2.5) but it just looks sketchy?

Based off the online pics. Yes this how the tire is

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Need some advice here:
Been looking at a Slash 8 but I'm not sure about the Size. I'm 185 cm with an inseam of 88cm. So kinda on the border between a 19,5 and a 21,5.
Anybody here with a similar problem and how did you decide?
Cheers

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
Need some advice here:
Been looking at a Slash 8 but I'm not sure about the Size. I'm 185 cm with an inseam of 88cm. So kinda on the border between a 19,5 and a 21,5.
Anybody here with a similar problem and how did you decide?
Cheers

I was running a 21.5 with the exact same measurements as you. Reach was bang on and I could run a 170mm post.

I got mine second hand so I could try before I bought it. The 21.5 feels long when seated (compared to what I'm on now) but you can always slide the saddle forward to compensate. I knew a 19.5 would have been way too short though.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012314
Mobile Version of Website