The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
hi. anyone know where to get a trunnion adapter kit for the x2? i know dirt labs sells one. any other company sells them? thank you!

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
Noypirider wrote:
hi. anyone know where to get a trunnion adapter kit for the x2? i know dirt labs sells one. any other company sells them? thank you!
Just get the hardware kit through your local trek dealer as well as two shock bolts (part no 540755).

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
El-Mustachio wrote:
Need some advice here:
Been looking at a Slash 8 but I'm not sure about the Size. I'm 185 cm with an inseam of 88cm. So kinda on the border between a 19,5 and a 21,5.
Anybody here with a similar problem and how did you decide?
Cheers

I was running a 21.5 with the exact same measurements as you. Reach was bang on and I could run a 170mm post.

I got mine second hand so I could try before I bought it. The 21.5 feels long when seated (compared to what I'm on now) but you can always slide the saddle forward to compensate. I knew a 19.5 would have been way too short though.

This. 21.5 after testing the 19.5 and feeling it being short. Same height and inseam.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
No pic but the distance is 39mm. Sorry for the measuring error previously.

chrysanthos wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Bottomed out as requested.
chrysanthos wrote:

Is it as far as it will go due to the kink in the ST, or where you prefer the overall saddle height?

Can you post a photo?? Big Grin

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Noypirider wrote:
Just get the hardware kit through your local trek dealer as well as two shock bolts (part no 540755).

Thank you. I went to my LBS( trek dealer ) they said the bolt is out of stock Frown

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
timcampbell23 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
What do you mean by "sitting proud"? I am happy to measure whatever, Not exactly sure what you're looking for lol

Sorry, the distance from the top of the seatube, to the bottom of the collar on the seatpost. Effectively how much further down could it be pushed down if it didn't get blocked at the bottom end. I measure my Bontrager post at 32mm.
Cheers

Oh ok. Off the top of my head that difference is minimal (not where I can measure right now)

Oneup's spec sheet has been dead-on accurate though. https://www.oneupcomponents.com/collections/dropper-posts/products/dropper-post-v2?variant=19543531028577

Thanks. If you get a chance to measure it would still be good to see how low it gets. No rush . Cheers mate

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
I finally got the pics uploaded. Here is where the 180mm OneUp V2 sits in the frame:

I have long legs, so the extra 30mm of height definitely helps, and Im pretty happy that it sits at the same height as the stock post. I was considering doing the 150 so I could slam it, but fully extended I was worried it wouldnt be long enough. The best part about this post is that it comes with shims, so you can shim it down to 160 if you wanted to.

Here is a pic of the bike with the post, the new XT brakes, and 2.6 WTB tires. This bike is so much fun to ride!

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
Any info on the pre-installed tokens in the Yari (Slash Cool ?

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Any info on the pre-installed tokens in the Yari (Slash Cool ?

Mine came with 2 pre installed tokens. (Slash 8 size 19.5" 2019)
I put one more and I think I lost a little of small bump compliance but gain a lot in bottoming out resistence.
Cheers!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
wrote:
I think there's a no buy/sell rule for this forum - at least there used to be.

My XL for sale near Telford / Shrewsbury Smile

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
I think there's a no buy/sell rule for this forum - at least there used to be.

My XL for sale near Telford / Shrewsbury Smile

I think it's a general PB forum rule, so yeah no selling in the forums Cop

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
He got a shock from Push Industries - mega expensive.

Google Push 11/6 shock.

Mega adjustable - for a lot of folks the best shock on the market.

Or he got his shock turned by them - which is a lot less expensive and a lot less effective at bringing your bike out.

I did both had my rear shock tuned still didn't like it. So I got the Push 11/6 it was way expensive but worth it. Even if I get a new bike I will just have it resized for it. It's that good.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installed in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installe in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

I've seen guys running the meg neg but I think they were on non thru shaft shocks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012500
Mobile Version of Website