The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installed in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

Can't. i asked RS

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Some cool little "upgrades" on the 2020 slash 8 -
The axles front and rear are bolted not the ugly ass qr levers they've use for ages. The rear has a stubby hex attached magnetically if a qr rear wheel is your thing.
The wheels are 100% ready for tubeless. The tires have switched to 29x2.6 xr5 and xr4 and there us two bottles of sealant included with the wheels.
I need to check a 2019 but there is a dimpled area on the top of the DT (I dont remember seeing it on 2019) where the cables for the rear brake and der come out. Makes me hope that the swat like box they're incorporating into some of the road line will make it across for 2021 (does that mean no major redesign for 2021 or a carbon only redesign for 2021??)

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
The axles front and rear are bolted not the ugly ass qr levers they've use for ages. The rear has a stubby hex attached magnetically if a qr rear wheel is your thing.
The wheels are 100% ready for tubeless. The tires have switched to 29x2.6 xr5 and xr4 and there us two bottles of sealant included with the wheels.
I need to check a 2019 but there is a dimpled area on the top of the DT (I dont remember seeing it on 2019) where the cables for the rear brake and der come out. Makes me hope that the swat like box they're incorporating into some of the road line will make it across for 2021 (does that mean no major redesign for 2021 or a carbon only redesign for 2021??)
My 2019 9.8 came 100% tubeless, with valves and two bottles of bontrager sealant

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
My 2019 9.8 came 100% tubeless, with valves and two bottles of bontrager sealant

Guess what!!. the 2020 Fuel EX will have a storage device in the downtube, Like the new Domane road bikes. Shhhhhh

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
As well as project one for the new slash

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
Shhhhhh

Book

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 20:32 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installed in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

Can't. i asked RS

This guy put one on his 19 9.8 Slash, seems like it fits. I'm not sure that RS tested it with the thru shaft shock.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/BrianRichards/

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installe in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

I've seen guys running the meg neg but I think they were on non thru shaft shocks.

Im running MegNeg on slash 2019 slash 9.8 with thrushaft without any issue it is a big improvement

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
Campbell-Thompson wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.
Anyone knows if the MegNeg air can can be installe in Rockshox ThruShaft shock? Any personal experience about the perfomance of this upgrade?

Cheers!

I've seen guys running the meg neg but I think they were on non thru shaft shocks.

Im running MegNeg on slash 2019 slash 9.8 with thrushaft without any issue it is a big improvement

Could you give us a breakdown of your weight, skill, and all the settings your using with the MegNeg? It would be great to have and idea on where to start with tuning. Cheers

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
Campbell-Thompson wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

Could you give us a breakdown of your weight, skill, and all the settings your using with the MegNeg? It would be great to have and idea on where to start with tuning. Cheers

Can we get a pic of this?

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.

Cheers!

ive got one on my slash
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzXnI4_HRZQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

it has transformed the bike, it has way more support and bottom out resistance where now i can run 30% sag instead of 25% just to not bottom out, (i typically will ride trails with 5-9 ft drops), but thats only the last 1/3 of the travel. the first 2/3rds of the travel are way firmer in a good way, buttery smooth delivery with a great platform to push against and not ruin the dynamic geometry of the bike.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.

Cheers!

ive got one on my slash

it has transformed the bike, it has way more support and bottom out resistance where now i can run 30% sag instead of 25% just to not bottom out, (i typically will ride trails with 5-9 ft drops), but thats only the last 1/3 of the travel. the first 2/3rds of the travel are way firmer in a good way, buttery smooth delivery with a great platform to push against and not ruin the dynamic geometry of the bike.

Hold on don't you need volume spacers to reduce bottom outs? It sounds more of a tuning problem than a shock problem. Issue with this shock it is not adjustable, which sucks.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
BrianRichards wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.

Cheers!

ive got one on my slash

Hold on don't you need volume spacers to reduce bottom outs? It sounds more of a tuning problem than a shock problem. Issue with this shock it is not adjustable, which sucks.

it is counter intuitive i know but just imagine a very progressive curve vs a more linear one that is still progressive, the total are under the linear curve is more meaning that overall the force required to bottom out is substantially more

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
Tannex wrote:
Hi guys!

Quick question.

Cheers!

ive got one on my slash

Nice to hear that it's possible and that it make such an improvement in the performance of the bike
I think, I will give it a try

Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016828
Mobile Version of Website