The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
I have the 2019 9.8 in British racing green, essentially stock besides the rear brake and cosmetic upgrades. Should I keep that and upgrade to full factory? Or buy the 2020 9.7 or 9.8 and do a full fox factory build with the dark frame color?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
Anyone gone mullet on a Slash 29'r? I'm considering it.

I love the bike, but where I ride is very technical and some of my favorite trails are steep tech, when its steep I'm just not as comfortable as I should be. The Slash feels very 'racy' if you know what I mean, I kinda feel like I want my bike to be a bit more 'freeridey'.
I'm thinking the bike may become a bit more easier to maneuver in the situations I described above. And heck the mullet combo keeps winning DH World Cups and has won EWS, so is surely proven, don't think I can go wrong.

I'm concerned about the BB getting too low, I don't like pedal and chainguard strikes they can throw me off my game, so simply thinking to flip my flip chip to the high setting to raise the BB back up a few mm, and so it won't be ultra slack.

I'm not that techy but it'd be nice if someone would analyze what the Geo would be with this configuration. I probably will only do minor changes like possibly lower the spacers a bit on my stem. I'm sure there's all kinds of offset/headset and other thingy's I could change but I doubt I'll bother.
I'm 5'-10 1/2" tall, 200lbs and ride a 19.5" - ability double blacks

Any feedback on who has done this, or any feedback on adjustments I should consider, etc will be appreciated!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
jonser wrote:
Anyone gone mullet on a Slash 29'r? I'm considering it.

I love the bike, but where I ride is very technical and some of my favorite trails are steep tech, when its steep I'm just not as comfortable as I should be. The Slash feels very 'racy' if you know what I mean, I kinda feel like I want my bike to be a bit more 'freeridey'.
I'm thinking the bike may become a bit more easier to maneuver in the situations I described above. And heck the mullet combo keeps winning DH World Cups and has won EWS, so is surely proven, don't think I can go wrong.

I'm concerned about the BB getting too low, I don't like pedal and chainguard strikes they can throw me off my game, so simply thinking to flip my flip chip to the high setting to raise the BB back up a few mm, and so it won't be ultra slack.

I'm not that techy but it'd be nice if someone would analyze what the Geo would be with this configuration. I probably will only do minor changes like possibly lower the spacers a bit on my stem. I'm sure there's all kinds of offset/headset and other thingy's I could change but I doubt I'll bother.
I'm 5'-10 1/2" tall, 200lbs and ride a 19.5" - ability double blacks

Any feedback on who has done this, or any feedback on adjustments I should consider, etc will be appreciated!

I’ve thought the same. Out here in SoCal Laguna had some of the steepest trails and I feel a little uncomfortable on a 29er even though I’m 6 feet tall (I have hit me arse on the wheel a few times) I was thinking mullet or maybe go remedy

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Anyone got a maxle axle 142x 12? Or do you know if i can replace it with something else since the end of the axle screws into the frame?
The little plastic spacer type piece that the lever pushed against to hold it tight just broke.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Anyone got a maxle axle 142x 12? Or do you know if i can replace it with something else since the end of the axle screws into the frame?
The little plastic spacer type piece that the lever pushed against to hold it tight just broke.

I went with a wolftooth axle for my ticket. Its bolt on instead of qr

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 17:59 Quote
I have a 2019 9.8 Slash model. I've had the ThruShaft shock replaced/repaired by Trek 5 times already. The seals don't hold more than 20 hours from what I've experienced. This product is faulty and needs to be addressed by the people at Trek. The bike itself is good, but the RockShox ThruShaft is at best unreliable. ThruShaft = True Crap

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
Jee-Lee wrote:
I have a 2019 9.8 Slash model. I've had the ThruShaft shock replaced/repaired by Trek 5 times already. The seals don't hold more than 20 hours from what I've experienced. This product is faulty and needs to be addressed by the people at Trek. The bike itself is good, but the RockShox ThruShaft is at best unreliable. ThruShaft = True Crap
Get fox X2, trek only went rockshox as it’s dirt cheap oem

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
Jee-Lee wrote:

I'm thinking of doing the same, however I cant find the X2 in 57,5 which would be the correct stroke length. Only 57 or 60mm. Anybody run either and can report how it works?

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

I went with a wolftooth axle for my ticket. Its bolt on instead of qr

thanks for the tip

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
Gotta love carbon!!

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Looks like a case of over tightening the brake clamps.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Looks like a case of over tightening the brake clamps.

Came to say the same thing!

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:
Jee-Lee wrote:

I'm thinking of doing the same, however I cant find the X2 in 57,5 which would be the correct stroke length. Only 57 or 60mm. Anybody run either and can report how it works?

Around me, guys are getting the 60 and having a stroke reducer installed.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
Dear All!

I have a 2019 Trek Slash 8 and I want to put a 230x60 coil shock. Do you know which is the hardware for the upper and lower eyelet??

Thank you boys!

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009970
Mobile Version of Website