The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
Awesome thanks for the info. Now more happier with mismatched wheels

ZenkiS14 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
plumberbob wrote:
Hi I’ve just had my front Bontrager line carbon 30 rim replaced after it cracked on my slash 9.8. It’s only 3 months old. 2019 model. Trek have replaced it with a Bontrager line pro 30 wheel. Can anyone clear up for me if they are the same wheel or what the difference is between.

Thanks

I believe it is the same rim but with a better hub.

The Zenki guy should be able to confirm this

Yep, congrats on the upgrade. Line Pro 30 is same rim, but upgraded hub and spokes. Considerably lighter than the Carbon 30 wheel, and a much faster hub.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Does the warranty apply if you build your own wheel? Hadn't thought of that configuration when the warranty program was announced. I had the Line Pro *wheelset* and had to utilize the warranty program but I imagine building up a rim might not be covered.

FWIW I have been on Synthesis wheels since summer '18 and have had no problems with them, whereas I cracked a set of Line Pro 40s in three rides. YMMV.

MrDiamondDave wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Are the wheels still 28H? I blew up the rear Comp 30 on my Slash 9.7 within a very short amount of time. And finding a quality 28H to lace it to was the chore. I thought DT's XM481 was available in that drilling but I could be wrong. I was looking for 30mm inside width.

Get the Line carbon rim now with lifetime warranty.

I was just reading back on these, the lifetime warranty would just apply for the complete wheel and not the rim itself since we can't back the build of another.

But with anything, we always suggest submitting a claim if there is an issue since our warranty team works case-by-case.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
trek wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Does the warranty apply if you build your own wheel? Hadn't thought of that configuration when the warranty program was announced. I had the Line Pro *wheelset* and had to utilize the warranty program but I imagine building up a rim might not be covered.

FWIW I have been on Synthesis wheels since summer '18 and have had no problems with them, whereas I cracked a set of Line Pro 40s in three rides. YMMV.

MrDiamondDave wrote:

Get the Line carbon rim now with lifetime warranty.

I was just reading back on these, the lifetime warranty would just apply for the complete wheel and not the rim itself since we can't back the build of another.

But with anything, we always suggest submitting a claim if there is an issue since our warranty team works case-by-case.

I gotta say, the 2nd hand warranty thing is really a bold move and a sweet deal you've done for your customers! Cheers to you guys!

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
trek wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:

I gotta say, the 2nd hand warranty thing is really a bold move and a sweet deal you've done for your customers! Cheers to you guys!

We're just happy to be able to support the riders better!

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
Hi there i own a 2019 trek slash 8 but i have only just noticed that the rear shock doesn't have the debonair can on it. I brought it from new from my lbs but i had issues with the previous shock and they said that they would swap it out for an identical shock so this is the one i have now. Is there any noticeable difference between the debonair can and just the regular one?

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
Hi there i own a 2019 trek slash 8 but i have only just noticed that the rear shock doesn't have the debonair can on it. I brought it from new from my lbs but i had issues with the previous shock and they said that they would swap it out for an identical shock so this is the one i have now. Is there any noticeable difference between the debonair can and just the regular one?

Can you post some pictures of the shock? I believe all the thru shaft shocks are debonair, maybe the sticker came off.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 4:32 Quote

Slash looking good, question is Factory 36 or Red Lyrik Ultimate..? Got an EXT Storia V3 on order so that'll be fitted soon!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
benleung wrote:

Slash looking good, question is Factory 36 or Red Lyrik Ultimate..? Got an EXT Storia V3 on order so that'll be fitted soon!

Purely esthetically speaking, I think a red Lyrik would be pretty dope.
It would match nicely with the black and blue color of the frame.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:

I think you mean it would clash horribly with the black and blue colour of the frame Smile

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:

I think you mean it would clash horribly with the black and blue colour of the frame Smile

I dunno.....doesn't looks horrible to me, but tastes and colors are not the same for everyone.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
benleung wrote:

Fox 36 anyday

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 23:31 Quote
Slash 2019 9.8 gone through a couple small changes since purchase.

Ergon SME saddle and GE1 grips
and just upgraded the ReActive shock with a MegNeg upgrade. Running 2 bands and 1 token. Off the bat the shock feels so much more supple but will give it a good thrash tomorrow to see results. Dialed in at 30% sag with gear.

Was riding it down some pretty choppy terrain on the weekend and the standard shock was beating me up a bit. Walked into the local bike shop and was chatting away and I found out he sells the upgrade kits and had them in stock - with some of the info I've seen online it was like -um, yeah - I'll have one, thanks.

Might test it on the local downhill track. Today I'm still a bit beaten up and it has been pretty hot and feral in the land downundaCool

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 0:25 Quote
gnarterrorist wrote:

and just upgraded the ReActive shock with a MegNeg upgrade. Running 2 bands and 1 token. Off the bat the shock feels so much more supple but will give it a good thrash tomorrow to see results. Dialed in at 30% sag with gear.

Was riding it down some pretty choppy terrain on the weekend and the standard shock was beating me up a bit. Walked into the local bike shop and was chatting away and I found out he sells the upgrade kits and had them in stock - with some of the info I've seen online it was like -um, yeah - I'll have one, thanks.

Might test it on the local downhill track. Today I'm still a bit beaten up and it has been pretty hot and feral in the land downundaCool

i've just done this to my shock as well, has made a world of difference. Ride this weekend was steep tech rather than flat out so keen to try it on more open trails, but feels so much better straight away. There is a lot more support, and feel like I can run it with more sag than I could before without feeling like it's going to bottom out.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
gnarterrorist wrote:

i've just done this to my shock as well, has made a world of difference. Ride this weekend was steep tech rather than flat out so keen to try it on more open trails, but feels so much better straight away. There is a lot more support, and feel like I can run it with more sag than I could before without feeling like it's going to bottom out.

This is great to hear, I ordered a MegNeg yesterday. I have both the stock shock, and a Super Deluxe to try it out on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007051
Mobile Version of Website